Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 10:04:06 PM EDT
Own your own businesses?

What do you do as an entrepreneur?

How succesful are you in your self made career?
I do believe I'm officially joining the ranks as of 01/10/05!!--thanks  VT
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Any ideas I have had I never will have the money to attempt, and if I did I will likely fail anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Any ideas I have had I never will have the money to attempt, and if I did I will likely fail anyway.

Dude, thats BS!  From what I know of you I bet youre a HELL of a GOOd Guy!  
Plus, youve got a bunch of stuff up for grabs

j/k..  Hope all is well
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Been calling the shots since 97 , Automotive Repair .

Life’s been good so far .

My theory has always been , If I have to work for an asshat .
It might as well be me
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Pimpin' ain't easy.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Been calling the shots since 97 , Automotive Repair .

Life’s been good so far .

My theory has always been , If I have to work for an asshat .
It might as well be me

Amen Brother!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I own a billing company that helps small businesses get their asshole customers to pay up without being jerks about it ourselves. I don't see a dime of the money made off of it, I just own it. My dad operates it in my stead while I'm off to college.

Once I graduate, the business is mine to do with as I please. He plans to be still be running it while I work to get a job of my own, preferably as a history teacher or working in a musuem since writers tend to get their checks few and far between. Or so I've been told to all my friends who've been published. Should I need more money or find work unavailable for some reason, I can always take over the company and start writing my own paychecks.

All in all, it's a pretty good investment. My dad likes it since he mostly oversees it rather than doing the actual work. He's slowly phasing out of his security business and into the less stressful portrait studio business, so even though we're perpetually broke, we're still in pretty good shape.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

j/k..  Hope all is well

Im not as good as some people expect, I can normally run and come up with stuff to make money and get me buy.  I can do alot of things if needed.

As for my stuff talk to my family when Im dead, they wont care for much of what I got anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

j/k..  Hope all is well

Im not as good as some people expect, I can normally run and come up with stuff to make money and get me buy.  I can do alot of things if needed.

As for my stuff talk to my family when Im dead, they wont care for much of what I got anyway.

C'mon man..  I've been hearing you for the past two years or so....  I know youre in some sort of pain for whatever reason, but things are never as bad as they seem..  IM me if you wanna shoot the sh#t
Every one here matters... ALOT!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I am an artist.  I make about enough money to keep a skinny family of squirrels from starvation.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I started my own HVAC business  8 months ago.

Life is great when you work for yourself.

I have been very sucessful so far, I started in the middle of the hot summer season and now that the cold is here it been even better for business.

"Every house in America has a furnace and 60% have A/C, how could you ever lose? And you are always going to have a job if you know what you are doing"  ---- Words from my father when I started in the trade 9 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]
right O--  VT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Nah I work for the Man.  

VT what are you thinking of doing??

Quoted:
Own your own businesses?

What do you do as an entrepreneur?

How succesful are you in your self made career?
I do believe I'm officially joining the ranks as of 01/10/05!!--thanks  VT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top