Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 9:34:55 PM EDT
I was in the shower with a migraine, and suddenly it occurred ot me. If there were an outbreak of zombies, unless it actually happened within your own city, you would have plenty of time to get ready (barring it being caused by an asteroid or some such which caused multiple outbreaks around the globe).  I mean, if Seattle suddenly became infested with Zombies, they would have to spread pretty far east to hit me, as well as North a fair chunk. I would be able to stockpile food and start realoding all my empty cases.

This is of course assuming the outbreak started from some witch doctor or mutated plague or something.  Now if they broke out everywhere, I sould just secure the doors in my wing of my apt, and secure the top three floors (bottom floor is completely indefensible, too many large galss doors accessable to the outside). I have enough food to stay put for a couple months, and I woudl shoot them startign with the rifles i have less ammo for (when they were empty, ignore them, go to the next, when I have to bug out I take the few I have lots of ammo for {winchester, garand, 10/22, and PPS50)

Am I missing something here?

Thi sis all barring them being the annoying smart Zombies from return of th eliving dead, in which even head shots did not work on them, in which case I woudl probably become zombie chow
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea.

Run down to the barn, get a tractor witha sickle bar mower on it...

Go to town and back.

Should get them down at the knees, then waist , then heads.

Simple matter of shoving them in a pit and burning them then
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't take long to manufacture improvised flame throwers.  Probably 3 to 4 minutes each.  Those would be an effective coupling to your firearm defense.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Im going to get with people I know, attempt to take and hold a Walmart supercenter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Im going to get with people I know, attempt to take and hold a Walmart supercenter.

would be a good idea, youd have all the food/rations you'd need.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The thing about zombie outbreaks is that the crisis isn't accurately assesed until it's too late and the outbreak has spread too far.  It'll be reported as a flu, a crimewave, or civil unrest before the truth is understood.  By then, it's too late.

SSBN's on patrol will probably be our best hope.  I'd feel sorry for those fuckers in Prudhoe or on oil rigs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
[cartman]  I thought you had to cut their heads off with a chainsaw
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best place I could think of when we drew up te zombie plan, since we dont have the resouces to stock a zombie defense fort.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The thing about zombie outbreaks is that the crisis isn't accurately assesed until it's too late and the outbreak has spread too far.  It'll be reported as a flu, a crimewave, or civil unrest before the truth is understood.  By then, it's too late.

SSBN's on patrol will probably be our best hope.  I'd feel sorry for those fuckers in Prudhoe or on oil rigs.

The all knowing ARFCOM Hive brain will know when they are about, and assuming people will take the time away from redecorating the streets in hint o'brain, I am sure they will post about it
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Zombies. I f'ing HATE zombies.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything agains the undead in general. Vampires? Cool - snazzy dressers, good with the ladies. Werewolves? Hell yeah! I wish I was one myself. But thos f'ing zombies have got to go!

Especially the electric Mall Ninja zombies.

Zombies. I f'ing HATE zombies.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best place I could think of when we drew up te zombie plan, since we dont have the resouces to stock a zombie defense fort.

I was considering running into our mall here..... conected to a grocery store plus I have many other stores for other items I may want at some time
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
You may be in your mall but in my fortress Walmart I'll be throwing cheap made in China junk at the zombies when I get bored of shooting them.

Flat out, Walmart is the best store to hold out in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
EdSr hates zombie threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top