Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 9:01:19 PM EDT
Going in to have two discs removed and the bottom four vertebra fused.  If you are a believer, think about me in your prayers!
Stoner63A
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, all my best!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Knowing what this involves, good luck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you using a cadaver or is the bone coming from your hip.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Dod said bio engineered bone material, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot that is.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dod said bio engineered bone material, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot that is.

Cadaver bone.  I got some in me...and it's ok.  The only problem is that sometimes I get a strange urge to shop...or for some gospel bird and collards.  They must have harvested this bone from a nice black lady who enjoyed both.

Good Luck!

I'm putting off my cervical spine surgery.  Too risky for my blood.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:02:00 AM EDT
[#6]
 i am a believer..., don't worry, it's fairly simple operation, my wife had double entry back surgery about 12 years ago & she has a much stronger back than before the auto accident, the surgeon used her hip bone & sterile donator bone, she still has an electronic stimulator imbeded in her back, the battery is dead, but it still sets off metal detectors.

being as you are in Colo., where my wife had her surgery, there is one of the best back surgeons in the world in Loveland, his name is Dr. Petine..., i hope he is your surgeon !!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]
You will be in my prayers.  I am facing back surgery sometime in the near future - when I am no longer able to live with the pain.  There is no way to explain the back pain you are experiencing to someone unless he/she also experiences it.  Best wishes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#8]
if you smoke, STOP!

if you carry a few extra lbs, LOSE EM!

Have the mindset to excercise daily. Get up and get walking as soon as you can.

Try and do without the pills as soon as you can. They can often be worse than the actual injury.

I had basically the same surgery and I am pretty damn near 100% due to excercise and diet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:29:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Dealing with this same problem myself. Prayers sent for a complete and speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Cadaver bone. I got some in me...and it's ok. The only problem is that sometimes I get a strange urge to shop...or for some gospel bird and collards. They must have harvested this bone from a nice black lady who enjoyed both.

LOL   As long as you don't get any cravings for eating fresh brains!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are you using a cadaver or is the bone coming from your hip.

SGatr15

Why they are using adamantium of course. ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top