Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 7:49:26 PM EDT
They ask you to help them set up a firearm, so you get all your gear out ready to set up the scope and the intitial cleaning of the firearm.... Then they bag you... you know... DONT SHOW UP?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
cant say that it has ever happened to me
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]

HE TEA BAGGED...

Woops, scared me there for a second

Yes, I hate that

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
So, ya gonna name names?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds typical here, also dont forget the guy at the range who decides you should help him sight in his gun, even though he doesnt know you,

The other great friend thing is for them to ask your advice on a pistol, then go buy a hi-point and a box of Wolf for defense.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So, ya gonna name names?

Not yet Daniel-san... waiting... waiting... waiting...wai zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Next time dont be there when he shows up
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
No. Generally I'm the one with the gun, and they're all desperate to shoot it.

Which is sad, really. Go get your own! You make more money than I do!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The other great friend thing is for them to ask your advice on a pistol, then go buy a hi-point and a box of Wolf for defense.

Ooooooh I had one of my brother's friends call me and ask what Washer and Dryer to get. I told him "Fisher & Paykel was the best... then Whirlpool or kenmore.... but whatever you do "DONT BUY A G.E!!!" What does he do? BUYS A GE!

about 2 years later he tells my brother what a piece of shit the GE's were and wished he never bought them. Ha Ha.... fucking asshat!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
No different than when your kid holds up two shirts/pants/dresses/whatever and asks which one to wear. Invariably they'll wear the one you didn't pick.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They ask you to help them set up a firearm, so you get all your gear out ready to set up the scope and the intitial cleaning of the firearm.... Then they bag you... you know... DONT SHOW UP?

Who said we weren't coming??? We plan on being there at about 1:00 am
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Have a sammich ready
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds typical here, also dont forget the guy at the range who decides you should help him sight in his gun, even though he doesnt know you,

And it gets worse when his is more accurate and functional than yours.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK Cleaning gear is on the table... just have to warn you though, I'll be asleep, Alarm is on and the dog is loose.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it gets worse when his is more accurate and functional than yours.

They loaded it and never shot it, they feel it will protect the house.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate gearing up anyhow, all my stuff is on the second floor and it takes 3 or 4 trips downstairs to the garage to load up the truck and then 3 -4 trips when I get back to unload it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hate gearing up anyhow, all my stuff is on the second floor and it takes 3 or 4 trips downstairs to the garage to load up the truck and then 3 -4 trips when I get back to unload it.

Yeah... a BIG +1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I live in a single floor, it still sucks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I back the Durango up to the garage to load/unload when I go to the range.  It's easier and helps keep my exposure to the neighborhood to a minimum.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah... a BIG +1

Ok Ok Ok!! finally got all of the kids fed, bathed, lunches packed, cloths picked out, and off to bed. Are you ready????
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#20]
yup
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Shit happens...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate being stood up for anything.  If you are not going to show up, at least have the decency to call and say so.

And I hate people to ask for advice and not take it, as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

HE TEA BAGGED...

Woops, scared me there for a second

Yes, I hate that

Do you truely know what that means?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I hate being stood up for anything.  If you are not going to show up, at least have the decency to call and say so.

Yeah thats the part that gets me... NO PHONE CALL!!!! And they bagged twice now... Remember... and you have it here in WRITING!!! 4xys2xxs was supposed to be here at 1:00 AM... never showed... AGAIN!!!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I had someone hwre who ditched on 2 range trips and 2 gunshow trips awhile back
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah thats the part that gets me... NO PHONE CALL!!!! And they bagged twice now... Remember... and you have it here in WRITING!!! 4xys2xxs was supposed to be here at 1:00 AM... never showed... AGAIN!!!

Quoted:

I was there, buy your Dawgs were skerrin me
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was there, buy your Dawgs were skerrin me

Cant be... Cops were by about an hour earlier... dogs are dead.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ooooooh I had one of my brother's friends call me and ask what Washer and Dryer to get. I told him "Fisher & Paykel was the best... then Whirlpool or kenmore.... but whatever you do "DONT BUY A G.E!!!" What does he do? BUYS A GE!

about 2 years later he tells my brother what a piece of shit the GE's were and wished he never bought them. Ha Ha.... fucking asshat!

OMFG I hate that.  My best friend does the same thing about every piece of advice I give him.  Few years ago he needed a new computer.  I said I would build him one and get him the cost of what he would need.  He calls the next day and asks about e-Machines.  I'm like, no man, that's shit, just let me build you one.  Two days later he tells me he bought an e-Machine, and not just one, but two for him and his wife!  WTF!  I have so many stories like this.  Every single time what I say will happen does, and I always repeat, "I told you so".

He bought this cheap DVD player from Wal-Mart last year and I told him you should have gotten at least a brand I've heard of.  He's the most cheapskate SOB I know and I'm the complete opposite.  Money's meant to be spent not hoarded.  Well, after a year of casual use, the DVD player broke.  So he asks "Should I get one that's nice at Best Buy or just another cheapy?".  I'm like "No don't buy another shit Wallyworld DVD player!".  What does he do?  Buys another cheapy DVD player!!  Ahhhhhhh
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Evidently you haven't been paying attention. Everybody knows that gun owners are a flakey lot that can't be trusted.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Evidently you haven't been paying attention. Everybody knows that gun owners are a flakey lot that can't be trusted.

Im not. So what should I give all my guns away now? FINE!!!

WHO WANTS THEM?????
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Well you should have spoken up... too late now!! I would have given them to anyone who asked too. Sorry!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks, but ain't got no use for rubber band guns (even if they are those evil "Not California AWB Compliant" ones made from dryer belts).
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im not. So what should I give all my guns away now? FINE!!!

WHO WANTS THEM?????

Ill take em that way you dont look flakey
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well I had someone hwre who ditched on 2 range trips and 2 gunshow trips awhile back

I hate when that happens.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#35]
i get this alot and just more than going to the range. some people i know have no concept of time and when they say a certain time  and show up two hours late they think it's cute. my wife says i need to learn patients but i tired of dealing with people like this. she calls it running on morman time and the funny part i'm not moran.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#36]
I am always having someone come over to line out a new scope for them so they can hunt with it the next day. They always show up  a 1/2 hour before dark and only bring 3 or 4 rounds and want it dead on at 200 yards. Mmmmmmmmmm-k!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top