Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 6:40:38 PM EDT
Howdy all-

I'm sure I've missed the bus on this subject here on arfcom before, so I ask you gracious folks--

What is THE finest digital camera in all the land (for around $200 bucks).  Also the easier to use the better, I'm no tech wiz.  The cameras primary use will be photographing food and people, and then the photos will be used to advertize on a web site.

Thanks --VT

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You are right. This subject comes up about 3 times per week. However, because we love our brother arfcomers, we will tell you just one more time.

Canon A-series or Nikon Coolpix series will fit your price range and give you outstanding results. I own both and tend to lean toward the Coolpix 3100 or 3200 for around $200.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You are right. This subject comes up about 3 times per week. However, because we love our brother arfcomers, we will tell you just one more time.

Canon A-series or Nikon Coolpix series will fit your price range and give you outstanding results. I own both and tend to lean toward the Coolpix 3100 or 3200 for around $200.

chainsaw!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

chainsaw!!

Aw shucks, you are making me blush.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
On a related note, (or maybe fodder for another topic), how should one take pictures of guns? I have a Sony-somethinerother, and I my pics come out strictly OK. Should I be using flash, or some lighting?

Some people post pics of their guns that look professional; What's the trick(s)?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On a related note, (or maybe fodder for another topic), how should one take pictures of guns? I have a Sony-somethinerother, and I my pics come out strictly OK. Should I be using flash, or some lighting?

Some people post pics of their guns that look professional; What's the trick(s)?

its all about the lighting.

i have an external flash that I can aim at the roof and reflect/diffuse it.  which is 10000x better than a direct flash.   unfortunatly, you can not do it with most point and shoot digi's  this is where either natural light and reflectors come in, or a slave flash that fires off your main flash.  you can also attain the same results using a table lamp and a tripod and no flash.  It will be to dark to hold the camera, but if it is on a tripod it will stay still and you can use less light.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask StonerStudent
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ask StonerStudent

uhhh.. nope!  

Taxman:  why don't you let me "store" your fun stuff for a while, give you time to make a rational decision!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top