User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 4:51:02 PM EDT
You've gotta be sh*tting me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you expect?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Since when has the ACLU done ANYTHING even remotely logical or legal?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well, ummm, errrrrr....never?

What do I win???

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought they acutally cared about justice.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, ummm, errrrrr....never?

What do I win???

Anything more: go ask your wife!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind.

What is the ACLU’s position on gun control?
The national ACLU is neutral on the issue of gun control. We believe the Second Amendment does not confer an unlimited right upon individuals to own guns or other weapons, nor does it prohibit reasonable regulation of gun ownership, such as licensing and registration. For more information, please read our statement on gun control.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nevermind.

What is the ACLU’s position on gun control?
The national ACLU is neutral on the issue of gun control. We believe the Second Amendment does not confer an unlimited right upon individuals to own guns or other weapons, nor does it prohibit reasonable regulation of gun ownership, such as licensing and registration. For more information, please read our statement on gun control.

I'll give you one guess.

Hint: the Constitution is perfectly clear on the RKBA.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A lot of Christians support the Death Penalty but oppose abortion.  Are you just as outraged?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I thought they acutally cared about justice.

CRC

You thought wrong.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of Christians support the Death Penalty but oppose abortion.  Are you just as outraged?

Why would a christian oppose the death penalty? the bible provides for the death penalty for numerous crimes.

The ACLU's position is perfectly consistent with liberal ideology.  if you thought their position was to support the constitution, then this would be surprising.  It seems that they believe that the guilty should live, but the truely innocent can be put to death....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Abortion has been ammended into our constitution.
Why wouldn't the aclu fight measures that would weaken our constitution.
go ahead
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
If you support the death penalty and oppose abortion, I agree with you.

If you oppose the death penalty and oppose abortion, I disagree with your stance on the death penalty, but overall I find your position consistent.

If you oppose the death penalty and support abortion, you're an ilogical idiot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#13]
ACLU: We don't hate religion, just Christianity!

ACLU: We don't want violent murderers, rapists, and sociopaths to be removed from society permanently, but millions of developing children are fair game because they can't hire lawyers!

ACLU: We support certain activities by claiming they're in the Constitution, but don't support others even though they're in the Constitution. We're fucking nuts!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
go ahead

Actually, the constitution has been construed to prohibit certain limits on abortion, and the ACLU fights to protect this (the const. has not been "amended").  The constitution specifically allows the death penalty (5th and 14th amendments), but the ACLU opposes this....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. The Christian position is that the child has lived, breathed, and has had a chance to make an impact on society...however, they made the improper impact. Therefore a retroactive abortion is called for.

Course, that's just how I see it, and my opinion could be flawed. YMMV, IANAL, WTF, blahblahblah.

(And yah..for the record...I'm a Christian. In case some holy roller gets their short and curlies in a bundle over that.)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
ACLU: We don't hate religion, just Christianity!

ACLU: We don't want violent murderers, rapists, and sociopaths to be removed from society permanently, but millions of developing children are fair game because they can't hire lawyers!

ACLU: We support certain activities by claiming they're in the Constitution, but don't support others even though they're in the Constitution. We're fucking nuts!

+1, fuck the aclu until they start supporting the 2nd as well as the other ammendments.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
go ahead

Actually, the constitution has been construed to prohibit certain limits on abortion, and the ACLU fights to protect this (the const. has not been "amended").  The constitution specifically allows the death penalty (5th and 14th amendments), but the ACLU opposes this....

Seems consistent.
One is personal choice (I know you cant will away a human in its fetus stage) and a fight to keep govt out of one's personal business.
The other is a fight to keep govt from ever having the power to kill it's citizens.
EVER!
I would never give my govt that power.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I got no problem with their position on abortion, but their lack of support for the 2nd amendement bothers me.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#20]
It's a profound contradiction in Liberal politics.  The most salient I can think of.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
7 threads about abortion at the same time? Geez take a deep breath or something.

Yeah, it's a bit much. Is today some anniversary or something?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
wow
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#23]
sp[amming. 1 thread is enough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top