Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 4:28:32 PM EDT
Can it be done at home cheaply?  I have seen some of those huge (and expensive) kits for manganese phosphating your guns in the Brownell's catalog, but is there a simpler way?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
good question
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This has been outta the top for a while but good info.

hope it helps.

Try Clicking here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never done it, so can't tell you how well it turns out, but here are some links:

Kitchen Stove Parkerizing
Forum here
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
cool, thanks a lot mtechgunman and CAM_PIN.  i had seen the norrell's finish, and i really like it.  i am just seeing what options i have and how easy (or difficult) it would be to go about them.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Instructions and everything required can be purchased from Brownells.

Ask them for a copy of the instructions and read through them. These instruction will give you a real good idea on how it is done and the diffaculty.

You will need a stainless steel pot big enongh for the parts and it can be done on a kitchen stove.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Parkarizing is really not a difficult process.  The solution is expensive and you must be careful with the prep work, but beyond that...very simple.  Dump the part in and watch it cook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top