Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 3:26:28 PM EDT
My wife and I are going to the movies tonight and wanted to see something "different".

Is this a decent flick?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was a very good movie.  I was surprised at how 'scary' it was for a children's movie.  It was very dark, but very enjoyable.

Go to it.  You'll enjoy it.

Carrey overplayed the characters, but in this case it worked.  It was what was needed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
ok flick but I wouldn't pay full price for the ticket. Its matinee worthy even though it has good cinematography and special effects, the story is just lacking.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Seen it with my kids. One had read the book and wanted to go. It fits the different cat just fine. Not really bad, just different.

In a kinda, strange, not sure I would admit it again way, I enjoyed it.

CH
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you seen The Incredibles?  That was the best movie I've seen in the last year.  Even better than Dawn of the Dead, if you can believe it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw it last night.

Cinematography was nice. Story decent. Carrey was, well, Carrey, but he was restrained.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have you seen The Incredibles?  That was the best movie I've seen in the last year.  Even better than Dawn of the Dead, if you can believe it.

Yup, The Incredibles was great.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
the title was so gay, i couldnt even imagine seeing the movie.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate jim carey.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hate jim carey.

I do too. I put him in the same cat as Robin Williams, hate the fucker but damm, he can play any role.
CH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top