Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 2:03:56 PM EDT
I found this web site The Home Gunsmith and was checking out the homemade subgun this guy made. I noticed the dimentions for the materials were metric and thought that was a little odd. So, I looked in the "READ THIS" section. Geez, Louise! The Brit legal system is beyond fucked up! Look what they did to this guy. The brit government is scared to death of guns, the American militia, the NRA and people that aren't sheep.READ THIS

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn that's beyond messed up!  I just read in my NRA magazine that the British authorities advise that you do your best to escape from your home if a burglar breaks in.  If you harm the burglar in any way, you will be prosecuted.  WTF?  

edited- Oh yeah, and they also advise that if you see someone getting assaulted, you should just walk on by and notify the police.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
British laws are almost as fucked up as the French government.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Why doesn't he move here?  Surely he realizes by now how much of a lost cause England is...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I found this web site The Home Gunsmith and was checking out the homemade subgun this guy made. I noticed the dimentions for the materials were metric and thought that was a little odd. So, I looked in the "READ THIS" section. Geez, Louise! The Brit legal system is beyond fucked up! Look what they did to this guy. The brit government is scared to death of guns, the American militia, the NRA and people that aren't sheep.READ THIS

it appears he only served 4 years for manufacturing an automatic weapon. what kind of punishment would he be facing here in the US for doing the same?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
England is what California aspires to.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
a bit sad isnt it
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it appears he only served 4 years for manufacturing an automatic weapon. what kind of punishment would he be facing here in the US for doing the same?

10 years in the Federal homo Hilton. By the time you get out you would probably be a very well trained criminal, and someone's bitch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

People have gotten the full 10, and others have gotten felonies with suspended sentances.
It's all in the circumstances and the judge.

Hell, if I were a judge and I were presiding over a trial for something like that, i'd do everything in my power to help him out, quietly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why doesn't he move here?  Surely he realizes by now how much of a lost cause England is...

It's hard to move to another country when you're currently occupying a cell in prison.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's hard to move to another country when you're currently occupying a cell in prison.

Or after you get out of the cell.  Or do felons go to the top of the green card list?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What struck me wasn't the lenght of his sentence. It was the reasons they gave for denying parole. He's interested in guns and believes in the concept of self defense. Therefore he is deranged and a danger to society that must be locked away as long as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top