Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/9/2005 11:31:43 AM EDT
Had 4 FTF's today in my SAR-1, and I just cleaned it last week.. (maybe thats the problem  ;)      ... one of the FTF's was the last round of the last clip of the day, good thing I just didnt assume the chamber was empty!  

look at this crap..

So whats some cheap 7.62 that wont bleed this russian juice all over my gun??
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
That bolt is amazingly dirty.

Good luck finding anything chaper than russian surplus. There's some Yugo around, but to be honest - I've never seen my SAR get *that* dirty after 1000 rounds with no cleaning. That's just weird.

When you say FTF do you mean that the chamer still had a round in it? Have you ever cleaned the extractor area thoroughly? Depending on the failure mode, a dirty gun may not be the culprit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Had 4 FTF's today in my SAR-1, and I just cleaned it last week.. (maybe thats the problem  ;)      ... one of the FTF's was the last round of the last clip of the day, good thing I just didnt assume the chamber was empty!  

look at this crap..

img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/krott5333/crummybolt.jpg

well thats the problem, you're using clips instead of magazines.

seriously though, is this the new polymer coated ammo?(which does still have primer laquer)  have you pulled out your firing pin and cleaned it and its channel?  almost all ammo for the 7.62x39 is going to have laquer on it.  but thats the ammo that your rifle was designed to fire.  did you check your brass for light primer strikes?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
That bolt needs some brake cleaner!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

look at this crap..

img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/krott5333/crummybolt.jpg

Yeah but, That doesnt happen anymore... remember?

What I dont understand is that people would pay top dollar for their rifles then, feed it this stuff. Yeah you have to clean it more but, to save a few bucks? nah, No thanks.

Oh and you DO KNOW that this is gonna turn out to be a Pro-Wolf vs Non-Wolf thread right?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen Wolf get raped on this site for a long time, normally in very long threads that I didn't have the time to read through.

Can someone please provide me with a simple list of reasons why Wolf is so reviled? Is it only that it gets extremely dirty, or is there a safety issue, too?

Thanks.

ETA: I'm surprised to see the firing pin stuck in that position. That's some SERIOUS fouling, boy!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I shoot Wolf in my AKs with no problems.
The new stuff is polymer coated instead of the red laquer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh and you DO KNOW that this is gonna turn out to be a Pro-Wolf vs Non-Wolf thread right?

So let me add this:

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I shoot Wolf in my AKs with no problems.
The new stuff is polymer coated instead of the red laquer.

Wolf is the only ammo that has been through my SKS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#9]
From the look of that bolt it hasn't been cleand in a long time. I haven't cleaned my AK for the past 2500 rounds and my bolt doesn't even look that bad. Clean the FP channel and try it again. I had similar problems and cleaning the FP channel and bolt fixed that right up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]
So much for "Wolf doesn't work in ARs because they are picky, it feeds in AKs ALL DAY LONG!!"
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#11]
hmm.. I'll admit, I never actually took the firing pin out before.. I'm going to do that right now and clean it..

oh, and the reason they FTF was because of the firing pin not striking well, very small dent in primers..
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#12]
The dirt on the bolt is not from lacquer. It's your usual powder/carbon residue and the flaked off red primer sealant. Like I said - I have never seen a bolt that dirty, especially all the carbon buildup under the extractor claw.

And in response to the person who couldn't understand why anyone would shoot this stuff in their rifles: You do realize that that is exactly what the armies using the AK have used for the last what? Almost 60 years?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hmm.. I'll admit, I never actually took the firing pin out before.. I'm going to do that right now and clean it..

oh, and the reason they FTF was because of the firing pin not striking well, very small dent in primers..

then its not an ammo issue, from the looks of it you've never, ever cleaned that bolt

believe it or not, cleaning a firearm requires more effort than just running a brush through the barrel

and it may come as a shock, but cleaning your AK every now and then is good for it
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#14]
i got
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#15]
The .22 Match and Subsonic ammo from Wolf is nice stuff. I wouldn't shoot Wolf ammo thru my AR however.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Wolf is all I shoot out of my SKS and AK's.  I've never had a FTF or any other issue with it.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#17]
so how do I push the firing pin retaining pin out.. this shit isnt working..
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So much for "Wolf doesn't work in ARs because they are picky, it feeds in AKs ALL DAY LONG!!"

hmm, funny since I've gone through over 3000 rounds of wolf through my AK, and I'm almost done with my first case of wolf .223 in my AR

never a problem with either(besides one POS upper that will barely cycle winchester white box)
try it, you might be suprised
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I personally dont like WOLF, Barnaul for me  

They should have kept the lacquer on the 7.62 ammo, I kept some of the polymer cased ammo in a ammo box and it rusted up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmm, funny since I've gone through over 3000 rounds of wolf through my AK, and I'm almost done with my first case of wolf .223 in my AR

never a problem with either(besides one POS upper that will barely cycle winchester white box)

+1. I shoot Wolf thru my overpriced non-safe queen gutter slut Colt/Bushmaster montrosity all the time. Yeah it's dirty and underpowered, so what? If anything it makes a better shooter becasue of the malfuntion drills it causes!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Wolf is all I shoot out of my SKS and AK's.  I've never had a FTF or any other issue with it.  

Same here...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
so how do I push the firing pin retaining pin out.. this shit isnt working..

Bolt disassembly instructions
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I saw those instructions this pin isnt budging.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#24]
That thing is dirtier than my SAR 1 looked after 3500 rounds of wolf with no cleaning.

My AR has only had wolf through it, nothing else. I'm around 3000 rounds now with no problems.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1. I shoot Wolf thru my overpriced non-safe queen gutter slut Colt/Bushmaster montrosity all the time. Yeah it's dirty and underpowered, so what? If anything it makes a better shooter becasue of the malfuntion drills it causes!

Yeah and I shoot Wolf in my AR with no problem.  My comment was just that some people who say it won't work in an AR15 say it works fine in an AK.  The fact is it should work in either one, but yes it's messy.  It's great plinking ammo either way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I saw those instructions this pin isnt budging.

push it from the front, or throw some carb cleaner through it, it is probably stuck with all the carbon and laquer buildup you've got going on in there
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Start shooting a higher quality cheap shit like Barnaul
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I've never had that problem with Barnaul
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#29]

What I dont understand is that people would pay top dollar for their rifles then, feed it this stuff.

Like buying a Ferrari Testarossa a using 87 octane?

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Wolf is the worlds finest plinking ammo.  Clean your weapon.  Shoot.  Quit bitching.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What I dont understand is that people would pay top dollar for their rifles then, feed it this stuff.

Eddie

its a SAR-1, its a commie rifle put together by a peasant in romania.  a ferrari it is not
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Eddie

If thats what the engine required why not?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eddie

its a SAR-1, its a commie rifle put together by a peasant in romania.  a ferrari it is not

he was probably talking about a AR
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#34]
paging campybob.

you are wanted in the wolf thread on aisle 3
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#35]
There is absolutely NO acceptable reason to let a weapon get that dirty, unless you are purposefully doing a torture test.  Instead of blaming the Wolf, you should be blaming yourself.  I have put well over 5k rounds of Wolf through my SAR1 with no problems whatsoever.  But then again I take care of my equipment.  When was the last time you changed the oil in your vehicle?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I have shot over 6K rounds of wolf through my two bushmasters and my SAR-1 and only had 2 jams in my SAR-1, because it was brand new. I broke in the busys with about 1000 rounds each of winchester and then made the swithch to wolf, and havnt had a problem yet.As far as I am concerned, wolf is the #1 surpluss ammo in my book.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#37]
i have the bolt soaking in some sea foam break free stuff right now..

yes, I abused my poor sar, and didnt clean it like I should have.. I'm new to this whole "gun cleaning" thing....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Wolf + not cleaning = problems

Wolf + cleaning = OK
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#40]
If you have a weapon that wont shoot wolf its time to modify the weapon until it does.

Wolf IS great ammo to shoot with alot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Wolf + not cleaning = problems

Wolf + cleaning = OK

BINGO!

I had this happen once with my Yugo SKS. but it was MY fault because I failed to clean out the firing pin hole in the bolt from a previous Wolf Dump. that red sealant is evil if you don't clean it after a dump.

shame on you for keeping a rifle THAT dirty between shoots.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I wouldn't blame the ammo, looks like an SFU (shooter fuck up )
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Wolf is the worlds finest plinking ammo.  Clean your weapon.  Shoot.  Quit bitching.

... True, and oh yeah - 10 pages minimum
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#44]

If thats what the engine required why not?

Not a car guy, eh?

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

ruger270man: I would take the bolt apart and clean, and that should solve most of your problems.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Yea thats all my old POS Wasr ever gets and she goes bang everytime( 1000+rds so far).

That is weird as most of the rds I fired was the old laquer coated rds.

Like everyone said clean the bolt and you should be fine.

FREE
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

What I dont understand is that people would pay top dollar for their rifles then, feed it this stuff. Yeah you have to clean it more but, to save a few bucks? nah, No thanks.

I do it because I can get in about 33% more practice with the cheaper ammo. I can live with 3 or 4 malfunctions per thousand rounds or 5 minutes extra cleaning to get more trigger time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I use to run Wolf in my M16 all the time... Never a problem.
It's the ONLY ammo I've ever put in the AK's...
AK's have that neat little thingy sticking out of the side of the receiver... Just give it a yank, and move on to the next round if you have a FTF...  Not a big deal in my opinion...

Whadda ya expect for $85 a case ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top