BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 7:54:43 AM EDT
Lay out the following rounds:

.50 BMG
.30/06
.22 rimfire.

Ask them to pick out the 'assault rifle' round.

You will be astonished to see how many will reach for the .50 BMG round.

seriously. Try it.

DAMNED FEW will pick up the .223!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
And where might one buy an individual .50 BMG round? Or any other caliber for that matter. I really dont need more then 1 seeing as I dont own even half of the rifles listed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
A .223 really does look anemic in that company.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll have to remember that.  Or if someone could post a photo on here with them all lined up, that we all could print out, that would be perfect!!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And where might one buy an individual .50 BMG round? Or any other caliber for that matter. I really dont need more then 1 seeing as I dont own even half of the rifles listed.

You can buy single rds either alive or inert at most gun shows. I have several inert ones, sand filled. Great conversation pieces for the unwashed & unconverted masses.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#7]

I have a friend who is in his mid-sixties. He was in the army but is indifferent about guns. In one discussion we had about "assault weapons" vs hunting arms, he actually believed military rounds (7.62x39) are more powerful than hunting rounds (300 Win Mag) because they use special powder.

I laughed my ass off, then showed him some ballistic charts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top