Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/9/2005 7:11:43 AM EDT
We went over to the fence in front of the white house, where everybody takes their picture....there we three guys, dressed in tactical gear.....one had no bag, just a pistol.....one had a smaller bag, maybe H&K MP5 size.....but the last one was carrying a big ol' long sucka, about M4 size......

I'm assuming they kept them covered so as not to scare the sheeple......but what do you think they had? I was hoping to get a look at a FN P90.....

AoD

PS They get real weird if you stare at them for a while, trying to figure out what they're carrying....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If they told you, they would have to kill you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Why didn't you hope up on the fence and ask them? I'm sure they would show you at that point.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Prob a couple of peanutbutter and jelly's and some planters dry roasted peanuts...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The last time I talked to one of the lawn ninjas was in early 01 before we went on the marks for an arrival ceremony. He said that most of the bags contained MP5's and a couple of mags. I haven't talked to one since 9/11 so I couldn't tell you what they have now.

There are a couple of Uniformed Division guys on here so maybe you will get an accurate answer.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
random homeland security guys had G36s with aimpoints last time I was in DC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Lunch.

The guy with the long bag is on Atkins and he brought in a whole Pepperoni for lunch that day.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
They have taxpayer dollars in them bags so if they see a bargains on some clothes or new shoes, they can pick them up really quick.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
7 heads
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#9]
RustedAce_  I was hoping to see some G36's, but no luck.....

I did see that on of the guys had a H&K USP.....maybe he was a Collaterial fan.....

AoD

PS They really do notice you scanning their guns....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why didn't you hope up on the fence and ask them? I'm sure they would show you at that point.

But they don't have alot of time so make sure you run to ask them after you hop the fence.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We went over to the fence in front of the white house, where everybody takes their picture....there we three guys, dressed in tactical gear.....one had no bag, just a pistol.....one had a smaller bag, maybe H&K MP5 size.....but the last one was carrying a big ol' long sucka, about M4 size......

I'm assuming they kept them covered so as not to scare the sheeple......but what do you think they had? I was hoping to get a look at a FN P90.....

AoD

PS They get real weird if you stare at them for a while, trying to figure out what they're carrying....

Personally I "WANT" them to scare the Sheeple!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Some have P90s.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I've noticed some LEO's in DC carrying gas mask bags.

I'm assuming that gas masks are in them. At the Reagan funeral procession, every cop had one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#14]
NoVaGator-- don't think they were gas masks, as only 2 of the three had them....and they were long and narrow, not like a gas mask.....

I would have REALLY liked to seen a P90......but that's not too likely...

AoD
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Plasma cannon?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Plasma cannon?

40 Watts range?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a bag of total whip ass. I did a convoy for the VP one time when they opened up the back of the warwagon I was like a kid staring in the window of a toy shop. The SS are very cool for hardasses but they have very little sense of humor. First thing they told us at our breifing was "No Fing Jokes"
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Did you notice the SWAT guys on the rear lawn?  Most of the time they have one or two just patrolling around/hiding amongst the trees.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Next time I go to DC, I'm going to bring some binoculars and sit across the lawn and stare.

I'll let you know if I survive....

ETA: Come to think of it, I may see something VERY similar to my avatar!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I believe those bags are called 'FAG' bags.  (Fast Action Gun bag.) They keep the firearm covered, but can be removed and shouldered in a couple seconds.  Very cool cases.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#21]
maybe the MP7 from HK?

much more easily hidden than the MP5 or the P90.

brrrrrrrrrp

Chris
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#22]
R0933C.....Didn't see the SWAT guys...and I was looking, but I didn't want to freak out the people I was with.....didn't want to stop and stare....

I believe those bags are called 'FAG' bags. (Fast Action Gun bag.) They keep the firearm covered, but can be removed and shouldered in a couple seconds. Very cool cases

Sounds neat....never saw them before...

AoD
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I was in DC about three weeks after 9-11 when I saw the SWAT guys.  They may have relaxed their posture a bit since then.  I was just looking through my photos from the trip and I can't find any that show the guys.  

There were some uniformed SS guys talking to people on the perimeter.  One man was acting vey oddly and needed to be questioned.  He had a bag he was clutching like a mental patient would and was muttering to himself.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Uranium Pew-36 Explosive Space modulator
The original reference to "Uranium PU-36" changed to Illudium PU-36. Some people mistake the sound of "PU" for a "Q" and say "Q-36." However, the weapon's name is derived from the letters "PU" which coincidentally is the atomic symbol for Plutonium (named for the planet Pluto).
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Next time I go to DC, I'm going to bring some binoculars and sit across the lawn and stare.

Allow me to suggest some sort of tenebrex device.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#26]
You should have called them over and asked! Does not hurt to ask , does it. My mom always told me if I wasn't sure don't be afraid to ask.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Isn't it great that "the Peoples House" is so well protected, from the people?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Considering what almost half "the people" think of him, along with so many kooks around the world?

YES!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

it says a lot, doesn't it?

+1

Chris
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Am I the only one slightly bothered by referring to the Secret Service as the SS ??   (usually used to refer to Hitler's SchutzStaffel)

Don't get me wrong - it not "bothering" me like I'm freaked out or pissed or, or demanding that it stop - but more like "bothering" me in the way that whenever I see it, I am startled for a second.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering what almost half "the people" think of him, along with so many kooks around the world?

YES!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  Also, I do beleive, tha tis why we have a line of succession, no?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  Also, I do beleive, tha tis why we have a line of succession, no?

Oh, great! So we leave the Leader of the free world exposed to murder or worse simply so we Americans can feel good about being able to gawk directly at him?

Okay.

Sometimes you "freedom fighters" really make me wonder....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Am I the only one slightly bothered by referring to the Secret Service as the SS ??   (usually used to refer to Hitler's SchutzStaffel)

The thought occurs to me every time I use the term myself.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I would advise against it.    

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!

Oh, great! So we leave the Leader of the free world exposed to murder or worse simply so we Americans can feel good about being able to gawk directly at him?

Okay.

Sometimes you "freedom fighters" really make me wonder....

Not at all, but don't you wonder why he deserves these protctions, and your children do not?  And in fact, in most states of the union, you are not allowed to protect your children in even a remotely similar way?

All pigs are equal, some are more equal than others?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Not at all, but don't you wonder why he deserves these protctions, and your children do not?

Because my children are not the leaders of the greatest country in the history of mankind, with access to the nuclear trigger, and in the middle of a war, and one hell of a symbol of our country.

Don't be so stupid.

And in fact, in most states of the union, you are not allowed to protect your children in even a remotely similar way?

You'll get no argument from me on that, but don't expect me to require the President to live unprotected in a small suburban neighborhood driving his own car, either.

Sorry, but that cute little quote from Animal Farm doesn't apply. It's an incredibly simplistic statement that can be twisted in all kinds of ways. In the book it denied rights to the regulars, and you are using it to endanger those who must be protected.

You know damned well that perfect "equality" is a myth, and a complete impracticality in a real world.

If you believe in this, then you need to rent out your bathroom to a homeless family, because "equality" and "fairness" aren't all that different, are they?

Next thing you kknow, people will be calling for everyone to have the opportunity to run the President off the road because, after all, we live with the danger of a traffic accident, so why shouldn't he?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#38]
OK, sorry for being stupid, but jsut out of idel curiosty, how many presiudents have been killed and as a correlate, how many children have been killed?  WHo would seem to be in more need of protection.  And if not who needs protecting more, why shoudln't everyone have the same right to self defense?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not at all, but don't you wonder why he deserves these protctions, and your children do not?

Because my children are not the leaders of the greatest country in the history of mankind, with access to the nuclear trigger, and in the middle of a war, and one hell of a symbol of our country.

Don't be so stupid.

And in fact, in most states of the union, you are not allowed to protect your children in even a remotely similar way?

You'll get no argument from me on that, but don't expect me to require the President to live unprotected in a small suburban neighborhood driving his own car, either.

Sorry, but that cute little quote from Animal Farm doesn't apply. It's an incredibly simplistic statement that can be twisted in all kinds of ways. In the book it denied rights to the regulars, and you are using it to endanger those who must be protected.

You know damned well that perfect "equality" is a myth, and a complete impracticality in a real world.

If you believe in this, then you need to rent out your bathroom to a homeless family, because "equality" and "fairness" aren't all that different, are they?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
OK, sorry for being stupid, but jsut out of idel curiosty, how many presiudents have been killed and as a correlate, how many children have been killed?  WHo would seem to be in more need of protection.  And if not who needs protecting more, why shoudln't everyone have the same right to self defense?

You seem to equate my belief that the President deserves all the protection he gets with a belief that the acerage Joe has no right to self-defense. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I am a steadfast defender of every law-abiding citizen to be able to defend themselved to the utmost of their ability. If you are wealthy enough to have your own Secret Service, or if you wish to walk around town with a REAL M4/M203 slung across your back, then so be it.

HOWEVER, just because we haven't lost "too many" Presidents to assassins doesn't mean we just leave the guy out swinging in the wind. I can assure you that if we followed your model, we would have lost Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Cheney, and several others by now.

These are not just your average Joe. They are the President of the United States, and with the incredible responsibilities that come with that post come threats we can only dream of, and therefore the need for the protections we give them.

It doesn't make them Royalty. It just means that they are a threat to our enemies.

If you want to lament their level of protection, lament the fact that we live in a world that requires them to have to have it in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#40]
My prior line of work had me at the white house several times a week. I used to hang out in the SS breakroom/shift room. I only had to flash my ID and I used to walk right past the gate with my M14. I didn't even have to go through the metal detector. But that was pre-9/11. I don't know how they do it now. I saw some of the stuff they carried. Suburbans with the mp5's and holsters in the doors. I even rode in the Presidents (Bush Sr.) Limosine. But I don't know what is in those bags you speak of.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn! WTF did you do for a living that you were carrying an M14 to the WHITE HOUSE?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AoD

Personally I "WANT" them to scare the Sheeple!

same...seems kinda goofy to carry them around in bags?  i would think you would want to look like as big a deterrent as possible...?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
There were some uniformed SS guys talking to people on the perimeter.  One man was acting vey oddly and needed to be questioned.  He had a bag he was clutching like a mental patient would and was muttering to himself.  

when i was there this past summer some guy came up to the fence to one of the guard shacks and told one of the uniformed SS guys that he had a letter he had to deliver to the President.  The guard told him he could mail it to 1600 Penn. ave.  but the guy was persistent and said he had walked all the way from Iowa bearfoot (he wasn't wearing shoes at the time) and he had an important message for the President.  He pestered them long enough to attract 4 or 5 more agents to the area.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
seems kinda goofy to carry them around in bags?  i would think you would want to look like as big a deterrent as possible...?

Maybe they just don't want to be showing off their capabilities. No sense handing a potential enemy more info than they have to.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Prob a couple of peanutbutter and jelly's and some planters dry roasted peanuts...

+1   yep; sammiches and a moon pie  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Damn! WTF did you do for a living that you were carrying an M14 to the WHITE HOUSE?

It's not that glamourous really. I was in the Presidential Honor Guard. Another guy on this board named Stillie was there too. But I think he was a tomb guard. I did alot of ceremonies at the white house and alot of standing around. In those days I was oblivious as all I cared to do was go downtown and get drunk with my buddies. But we had alot of fun, met alot of interesting people. (I actually did the portrait unveling ceremony for Cheney at the Pentagon). We just walked right past the gates with our M14s and I did think that was pretty cool. I mean we had the bolt carriers in and everything fully functional. If we had wanted to sneak a round in we probrobly could have. I doubt they let you do this any more but it would be neat to know if they still do it that way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not that glamourous really. I was in the Presidential Honor Guard. Another guy on this board named Stillie was there too. But I think he was a tomb guard. I did alot of ceremonies at the white house and alot of standing around. In those days I was oblivious as all I cared to do was go downtown and get drunk with my buddies. But we had alot of fun, met alot of interesting people. (I actually did the portrait unveling ceremony for Cheney at the Pentagon). We just walked right past the gates with our M14s and I did think that was pretty cool. I mean we had the bolt carriers in and everything fully functional. If we had wanted to sneak a round in we probrobly could have. I doubt they let you do this any more but it would be neat to know if they still do it that way.

Somehow I doubt it.

Hell, they won't even let me onto NETC Newport (have you even HEARD of it? Exactly - not much of a high-profile target.) to visit my alma-mater of NAPS. I can only imagine the rampany paranoia coursing through the Secret Service these days....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I think so.  I recall the nice video clip of one of the "people" firing 27 rounds from a 7.62mm Norinco SKS into the North Portico and Press Room walls from the Pennsylvania Ave. fence.

Also, recall that in 1998 TWO US Capitol Police were shot to death by one of the "people" at the Capitol building.  If you check you'll find that shootings by the "people" at the White House happen several times each year.  Boneheads with handguns, shotguns, rifles - one even crashing a small plane into the South Portico.

The Secret Service should have and carry whatever they need to protect the President.  Period.

CWO
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What an ignorant argument! How many Presidents have been assasinated vs the total number of Presidents in office? Compare that to the number of children who were victims of murder in the US over the past 220+ years vs the number of children in the US over the past 220+ years.

The President, by virtue of his position, is a target of every nutjob in this country and around the world. As soon as you and your family are such targets we'll get the Secret Service to "harden" your home.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top