Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 10:42:17 PM EDT
I posted this in the womens forum but I thought I should ask you guys too (I don't know how many of you wander into the womens forum. ).

Can ya'll help me out?

here's the link:
Rice Question
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
take rice

add twice as much water

boil with lid on to steam the rice

when rice is done, but still extremely hot, crack an egg or two into it, the heat will cook the egg.  when egg is cooked add cheese and crumbled bacon.

good bachelor food
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Instead of just boiling the rice, try this.

Non-sticky rice recipe.

Two cups of medium grain rice. (goya or mahatama work well)

Wash the rice a couple times and drain fairly well.

Mince an onion finely, (optional 1/2 clove garlic also).

Heat two tablespoons of oil in the pot you are going to cook the rice in.

Add the onion and saute until it starts to soften but you don't want it to caramelize.

Add the rice and stir constantly until you can see the grains starting to get transparent and
the grains are beinning to crackle.

You can add the garlic at this time if you wish.  

Add four cups  of very hot /preferably boiling water or broth and salt to taste.

When water returns to boil which should be almost immediately, cover and reduce heat to low.

Allow to simmer for twenty minutes, then turn off heat and let sit for another 10 min minimum.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a rice cooker, I sometimes add chicken or beef broth, almond slivers, for a quick pot luck addition.    Curry powder and raisins, different  spice mixtures. etc.

If you've never had "jasmine" rice try it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally, for me, I just make white steamed rice and eat with my whatevers.

Recipe: Depending on what type of rice, long-grained Texas AA & Jasmine rice 1 cup of rice to approximately 1.25-1.3 cups of water, medium-grain Calrose(from the Sacramento, Calif delta area) 1 cup rice to approximately 1.0-1.25 water. You're going to have to try to vary the amount of rice to suit your own tastes. More water, the mushier; less harder, more defined grains.

I like plain white rice with bbq steaks, chicken etc.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]
See here other rice recipes:
www.amrice.com/4-0.cfm
www.recipesource.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top