Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 10:41:51 PM EDT
I meant to ask this earlier, as during Christmas holidays, I took advantage of the state reciprocity, and carried either concealed, or open on a car drive from NV to Texas.

This is by far, the longest I have ever carried, about 50 hours total on the road/stops/meals, etc....and I wanted to ask, when you go to take a dump, what do you do?

A couple times, my holster flopped on the nasty floor, and handgun rested on the floor.....which was nasty!

I then started to unholster, when pants down, and put it inside my pants, but I found that a little too cumbersome.

Finally, I just held my pants by my knees.....but still had a few flops to the floor.

Anyone have any ideas...or how do you do it?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont shit in public restrooms, with work being a RARE exception.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Better holster?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I hold it in my hands till I wipe my ass
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'd like to see you hold your shit on a car drive from NV to Texas.  What's with all the scardy-poopers? How scary can a public restroom be?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My Kel Tec fits into my front pocket,

so I would just leave it in there.

Plus it is pretty damn cold now in Mi so I could just leave one in a coat on the door inside the stall.

But I agree, I rarly pinch one off in public rest rooms!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
1) Cover floor in TP
2) Remove shoes
3) Remove pants with holster and hang on door
4) Drop the drawers
5) Shit
6) Reassemble in reverse order less shit, discard TP
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Hang vest or jacket on the door hook in the stall and place firearm in the pocket before dropping pants.

Keeps the weapon out of sight or from ending up on the floor and keeps it VERY handy in case it's needed.

If there's no hook on the door to hold jacket/vest I'll put the gun on top the TP dispenser.

If that doesn't work (too small) then I'll leave it in the holster (usually carry OWB with cover garment) and keep my pants pulled up just enough that it doesn't show below the stall panels.

Normal carry piece for road trips is a Beretta 9000S.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hang it on the little hook on the stall door, put it ontop of the toilet paper holder, or if worse comes to worse, put it inside my pants resting on the crotch of my underoos!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Put up on the TP holder.  If not...leave it alone in the holster.  The odds are someone being able to take it, if that ever hapeens, without you quickly reacting, are slim.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I only shit in my own home.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:51:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
1) Cover floor in TP
2) Remove shoes
3) Remove pants with holster and hang on door
4) Drop the drawers
5) Shit
6) Reassemble in reverse order less shit, discard TP

Are you serious? You take your shoes and pants off to take a shit in a public place?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:52:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'd like to see you hold your shit on a car drive from NV to Texas. What's with all the scardy-poopers? How scary can a public restroom be?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#14]
i have to agree with the on top of the tp holder. if not there; plan b is the underwear nest.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#15]
drop pants to knees, sit, tighten belt around legs.

this is sure something they dont teach you in a CCW class, but should be practiced at home.

or just lay some TP on the ground and place gun on top, and between your feet.
or pull belt and holster out of pants, hang looped belt and holster around neck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to see you hold your shit on a car drive from NV to Texas. What's with all the scardy-poopers? How scary can a public restroom be?

You have obviously never been to southern Louisiana, going west along I-10 and I-12.  *shudder*
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Shit in the roadside woods?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Public restrooms.......nasteee

Ever see that scene in "Trainspotting" where Ewan MacGregor's character has to puke from drugs, and his only outlet was a filthy public restoom (I mean FILTHY). He put his head into that commode, and I just about barfed myself.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Same. I haven't had to since I got my CCW though. I'd put it in the crotch of my pants if I did. I avoid having to do so at all costs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I've got very advanced and highly tuned bowel monitoring systems in place. I know hours in advance to having to pop a squat (Unless its the squirts) so I can usually plan pretty well as to when and where I'm gonna poop. Holding 4 to 6 hours is no problems so if I'm on the road I can either shit in the morning at the hotel, or in the evning at the hotel.
But no public poopin for me, again with work being the rare exception.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Worst bathroom I ever saw was in a Vermont gas station, liquid shit was sprayed everywhere. I couldn't even pee.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have obviously never been to southern Louisiana, going west along I-10 and I-12.  *shudder*

Thats where I live! The restroom I mean..
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:15:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Very good question-

Being a first thing in the morning sh*tter, I rarely have to use public facilities.  But, if I was on the road and I had one loaded (poop) and ready to go - I would never put my piece anywhere on the floor or TP holder.  For Christ sake its a public shi*ter and probably to dirtiest place known to man - can we say feces?

Anyway, I would do one of the following:

1.  Go back out to car and leave weapon locked up in car.  (I know this may not be a good idea depending on where you are).

2.  I many times use an ankle holster, so that problem is solved.  

Your question undoubtedly reminds me to always bring the ankle holster for road trips.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Get a Glock so you can just rinse it off if it falls to the floor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:19:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't crap in public restrooms but at home, the gun goes between my legs and sits on my pants.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:42:01 AM EDT
[#26]
drop pants, flop holser (IWB) into the pants and cover up with drawers (in case some body "checks" to see if stall occupied)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Carry a G26....it doesn't flop too bad due to it's size...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#28]
like Redbone said

undo your pants drop them to your knees sit on the bowl
take your gun and put it in the center of your pant on top of your underwear.
or just hold it in your hand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:59:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:05:22 AM EDT
[#30]
+1

Quoted:
like Redbone said

Otherwise, if you carry with a .38 pocket gun just leave it alone, except you have to keep the legs spread out a little more to keep your pants off the open sewer known as the floor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

lol. I can see it now. Someone opens the stall door, only to find you sitting there with a handgun. They probably wouldn't need the stall anymore.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I meant to ask this earlier, as during Christmas holidays, I took advantage of the state reciprocity, and carried either concealed, or open on a car drive from NV to Texas.

This is by far, the longest I have ever carried, about 50 hours total on the road/stops/meals, etc....and I wanted to ask, when you go to take a dump, what do you do?

A couple times, my holster flopped on the nasty floor, and handgun rested on the floor.....which was nasty!

I then started to unholster, when pants down, and put it inside my pants, but I found that a little too cumbersome.

Finally, I just held my pants by my knees.....but still had a few flops to the floor.

Anyone have any ideas...or how do you do it?

Stays on my ankle (where it belongs!).
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]
And to think we women have this problem every time we have to go. (Wish I could stand up to pee)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
like Redbone said

Ditto. This works best for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Hold gun between teeth. Then you have both hands free to grasp sides of toilet seat so you can get that extra leverage to get the job done quicker. Face will look like this before the crap...Like this during the crap...and like this after the crap   Remember to always wash your hands when your done. Also remember to remove gun from teeth before exiting bathroom. People will look at you funny if you don't.  Terry
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hang it on the little hook on the stall door, put it ontop of the toilet paper holder, or if worse comes to worse, put it inside my pants resting on the crotch of my underoos!

+1.

This is exactly what I do as well.  Although sometimes you can also put it on the toilet tank, if there is one.  Also, I wear boxers, not underoos.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Wear BDU pants so you can put it on one of the cargo pockets.

Twice during Christmas shopping this year, I was doing it the old way and the gun slipped out of the holster onto the restroom floor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#38]
This cause a ND at our department years ago when a SOT officer hung his sidearm on the coat hook just inside the stall door and it pulled the trigger.

I don't think he ever lived that one down, even after he retired a few years later.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#39]
First you have to have a good gun belt and holster. I have to use public restrooms so I have good training in this. If I use my SmartCarry I pull down my pants, slide the holster so the gun is resting on my thigh, pull down underwear and then sit down. The gun rests comfortably on my thigh the whole time. Access is easy if needed.
For and IWB holster, you basically do the same thing except make sure you are holding onto your belt as you unbuckle and pull down your underwear at the same time as your pants. That way the belt won't fall down and drop your rig. I pull mine just to the top of the knees.
Thats the best way I have found.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#40]
I put mine in a fag bag for bathroom trips, then just take it off and loop it over the tp holder.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Some stalls have a handy toilet paper holder with a flat top.  In those that don't, I stick it inside my pants.  Yeah, it's a bit awkward, but I do it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
drop pants to knees, sit, tighten belt around legs.

this is sure something they dont teach you in a CCW class, but should be practiced at home.

or just lay some TP on the ground and place gun on top, and between your feet.
or pull belt and holster out of pants, hang looped belt and holster around neck.

Women have this issue, every time we must visit the restroom.  I second tighten belt around the legs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top