Page / 5
Posted: 1/8/2005 10:03:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never had speciation explained to me in a manner I view as sufficiently convincing.

And I think its quite plausible a theory otherwise, Just tell me how chromosomal frequency changes in small seperated populations... as mating between chromosomally similar but imperfect numeric matches leads to steril offspring (Donkey, Ligers, Tions, etc).
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'll be damned.

How come we can find all this stuff but not the missing link?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, I'll be damned.

How come we can find all this stuff but not the missing link?

But whether or not we find that specific "missing link" between early man and a common ancestor with primates is almost irrelevant. The fossil record contains enough numerous examples of the evolution of early man (as well as virtually every other species on the planet) to establish evolution as fact to all except those who are unwilling to accept the evidence even if a complete fossil record existed for every known species on the planet. There are also people who honestly believe we never went to the moon, but it's a free country so you can believe anything you want.

Thats what it says.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I have faith that a missing link exists
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
There was a show on this subject, what, about 3-4 years ago?  Wednesday night, I believe, on UPN.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Sigh......

Here we go again!

I abstain.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There was a show on this subject, what, about 3-4 years ago?  Wednesday night, I believe, on UPN.

Found it!!

imdb.com/title/tt0268094/plotsummary
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]
If you can find millions of fossils of distinct separate species, you should be able to find many many times more of the millions of steps in between them.

That they can't seem to find any speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Simple:

GOD creates life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Simple:

GOD creates life.

If you wish to assign all the functions of nature to God that is fine.

We understand many of the mechanics of nature/God, we just want to know how this one worked.

I've never understood why God cant create things, and also give them the power to change...

Christianity and Science dont have to be mortal enemies. Seems to me, that they both serve a purpose.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#18]
The question cannot be answered with the information
we have right now . we already know that forms of life
exist right here on this planet , that a mere 50 years ago
was believed impossible .

Eight or nine months from now we may have proof
that life exists elsewhere in our tiny solar system .
Be that in the liquid hydrocarbon seas of Titan
or under the ice of Europa .

Either way , or not at all it will just be another piece of the
puzzle , and I won't even begin to postulate the feasibility
of other dimensions that exist in parallel to our own
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#19]
God created man as well as "inbetween man" so why call it evolution? I dont see an arguement.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#20]
"In the Beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth" Read Genesis 1 and 2 and all your questions are answered. I was created by God and did not descend from an ape or other such b.s.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#22]
That missing link (or series of missing links) is why The Neutral Observer has difficulty believing in what is termed "macro-evolution".
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I've never had speciation explained to me in a manner I view as sufficiently convincing.

And I think its quite plausible a theory otherwise, Just tell me how chromosomal frequency changes in small seperated populations... as mating between chromosomally similar but imperfect numeric matches leads to steril offspring (Donkey, Ligers, Tions, etc).

You have it wrong.

Donkey + Horse = MULE.

And some Ligers and Tigons have been born fertile.

"A note about ligers and tigons: A cat born to a tiger father and a lion mother is known as a Tigon. Tigons are very similar to ligers in many ways, but are quite a bit different also. We know of at least one documented instance of a tigon being born fertile. The offspring was fathered by a tiger so it was called a ti-tigon. We have been presented with other examples of tigon/liger ofspring, including a very nice looking female tig-liger.
This note is presented for informational purposes only. We do not have a tigon at Sierra Safari Zoo nor do we expect Hobbs to sire any cubs. "

www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That missing link (or series of missing links) is why The Neutral Observer has difficulty believing in what is termed "macro-evolution".

Try and remember ALL of the known species of early man were once "missing links" prior to them being found.

Biochemically, there are some issues there.  It's not a matter of mere fossil record.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]
God created us.  We didnt evolve from one celled oranisms over billions of years we did not evolve from apes.  Darwin was an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
God created us.  We didnt evolve from one celled oranisms over billions of years we did not evolve from apes.  Darwin was an idiot.

Wow, that makes you sound smart as hell.

"Someone who scientists all around the world tout as a genius i think is a moron."

Try giving evidence of your beliefs
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#29]

\

Sure

[Darwin]Everything on earth evolved from a single celled organism...even humans....I dont have any real evidence, but thats how it happened.[/Darwin]

I guess common sense isnt to common.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

\

Sure

[Darwin]Everything on earth evolved from a single celled organism...even humans....I dont have any real evidence, but thats how it happened.[/Darwin]

I guess common sense isnt to common.

I can't even dignify your stupidity here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#32]

OK explain all the KNOWN evolutionary species of man.

We have the evidence and know they existed for a FACT.

Like what?  I freakin ape tooth that you used to construct what you thought the animal it belonged to looked like....but o wait...it was later found out to be a pigs tooth.  DOOOHHH!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#33]

I can't even dignify your stupidity here

Why dont you put your money where your mouth is and show me ALL the evidence that proves we evolved from apes...or even single celled organsims.   YOU CANT.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I can't even dignify your stupidity here

Why dont you put your money where your mouth is and show me ALL the evidence that proves we evolved from apes...or even single celled organsims.   YOU CANT.

it cant be completely proved yet, but it seems 10 million X more plausible than a guy snapping his fingers and we appeared.

Occam's Razor.  Read it, you might learn something.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Or what about that one "missing link" skeleton that was found.....everybody went crazy, yall finally had proof....but o wait!.....it turned out to be a deformed monkey skeleton!.......DOOHHHH!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Or what about that one "missing link" skeleton that was found.....everybody went crazy, yall finally had proof....but o wait!.....it turned out to be a deformed monkey skeleton!.......DOOHHHH!

You just keep digging your self a hole... hehe
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Occam's Razor. Read it, you might learn something

Same to you.  Somone snapping their fingures just became possible didnt it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Occam's Razor. Read it, you might learn something

Ditto.  Somone snapping their fingures just became possible didnt it.

thats actually what dissproves the creationism theory if you actually knew how to read it... Wow, you just cant read anything right, can you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I really admire a well thought out , logically presented response
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#42]

thats actually what dissproves the creationism theory if you actually knew how to read it... Wow, you just cant read anything right, can you.

Well I guess it swings both ways doesnt it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Well I guess it swings both ways doesnt it?

actually, From what I can see, Ive been giving logical responses to everything, all you post is drivel.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#44]

I really admire a well thought out , logically presented response

Ya its so simple, an idiot could understand it.....wait...i guess not.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Simple:

GOD creates life.

If you wish to assign all the functions of nature to God that is fine.

We understand many of the mechanics of nature/God, we just want to know how this one worked.

Actually, I don't think that evolution doesn't mean God can't play a roll, and likewise, because God is involved, that science has no place.

Please do not paint me with that brush, as you do not know me, nor what or how I believe.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#46]

actually, From what I can see, Ive been giving logical responses to everything, all you post is drivel.

Not really.  Youve been cut by a double edged sword.

Saying Occams Razor can apply to one thing but not another contradicts yourself .
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Tag to read that damn thing later.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Not really.  Youve been cut by a double edged sword.

Saying Occams Razor can apply to one thing but not another contradicts yourself .

actually, Occam's razor helps to show that EVOLUTION is more plausible than CREATIONISM.

try reading it again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top