Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:34:11 PM EDT
THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A FORUM FOR PEOPLE TO VOICE THEIR ANTI-SEMITE OPINIONS.

Growing up in Georgia, I have never encountered very many Jews. The ones that I did meet seemed to be regular people. I have never heard someone I know(or didn't know for that matter) voice their opinion on Jews, one way or the other. It seems to be a non-issue here. Why do so many people hate Jews? Is there some kind of anti semetic teaching going on elsewhere that I haven't heard about? I have heard the standard answers, like "They killed Jesus", and "They run the world", but that just seems like bullshit. Is there any rational reason out there for some many people to hate them? I just can't figure it out. From everything I've seen, Jews are no different than anyone else. Sure, they practice a different religion, but other than that, I haven't seen any differences.

Just in case you missed the statement at the top, I am NOT interested in some kind of rant about how the Jews killed Christ, or some "ZOG" conspiracy. I'm not looking for someone to convince me to hate the Jews, that isn't going to happen. I am simply looking for an explanation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I grew up around them, no problems at all. Just like anyone else you would meet. They share a lot of the same values that I did and I got along with them well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The liberty!
Oh yeah, and they want to rule the world and they have money and banks and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Jews are bad. Where have you been for the last 2,000 years?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Because they can't eat pork.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I suspect its because of ignorance and fear of something different.

I've never been mistreated by jews, gays,, hispanics, 99% of blacks or just about any group with the exception of one. Good old boy Southern Baptists have mistreated me on several occasions.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The liberty!

You mean the U.S.S. Liberty? Wasn't that more of a government thing than a race thing?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I know a whole family of Messianic Jews... they thought I was the coolest because I actually know what that means. They're really cool people too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I  expect alot of the 88 groups hatred of Jews hurts them alot, in the south where there arent many jews, people dont supports them becuase of there hatred of jews.  The people that they lose the supprt of might have blacks and hispanics, but dont support the jew hating so they dont support the 88 groups.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
The bastards sank Titanic!

Financed by a Goldberg

planned by a Rosenberg

Sunk by an Iceberg!!!

Watch out!

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
It's all Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#15]
They are well educated and work hard.  +1 for envy, at least historically speaking.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They are well educated and work hard.  +1 for envy, at least historically speaking.

I agree.

Jewish people are usually have an incredible work ethic and as a culture they insist on a thorough education of their young. Thus many are able to work themselves into positions of power. And so the envy.

Add that the Jewish culture discourages marrying outside the religion and others become paranoid about the Jewish culture and people.

So you have paranoid envy.    

IMHO
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I agree too. Their values allow them to prosper wherever they go in the world and that breeds envy, especially in in impoverished places like Germany right after WWI.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#20]
the same reason people hate blacks, gays, mexicans, etc - ignorance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Jews are bad. Where have you been for the last 2,000 years?

If you mean that as a joke, I would post a "" if I were you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't want to hikjack, but what's up between the black folks and Jews? I lost track of the antisemitic  
blacks calling in to the local talk radio stations this week.  Wahut up wif dat?
Me, I don't have a problem with the Jews...we have a few in the family. I plan on leading a few of them to Christ.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
the same reason people hate blacks, gays, mexicans, etc - ignorance.

There is the hammer hitting the nail square on the head. Good point Poink. Short and a direct hit!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A FORUM FOR PEOPLE TO VOICE THEIR ANTI-SEMITE OPINIONS.

Growing up in Georgia, I have never encountered very many Jews. The ones that I did meet seemed to be regular people. I have never heard someone I know(or didn't know for that matter) voice their opinion on Jews, one way or the other. It seems to be a non-issue here. Why do so many people hate Jews? Is there some kind of anti semetic teaching going on elsewhere that I haven't heard about? I have heard the standard answers, like "They killed Jesus", and "They run the world", but that just seems like bullshit. Is there any rational reason out there for some many people to hate them? I just can't figure it out. From everything I've seen, Jews are no different than anyone else. Sure, they practice a different religion, but other than that, I haven't seen any differences.

Just in case you missed the statement at the top, I am NOT interested in some kind of rant about how the Jews killed Christ, or some "ZOG" conspiracy. I'm not looking for someone to convince me to hate the Jews, that isn't going to happen. I am simply looking for an explanation.

You would have to go back and do some research, look at old newspapers, ect.  Your not asking a clear or easy question and there is no clear or easy answer.  If you look to the past, I mean specifically 1933, you can learn a lot about why some of the opinions were formed.  It's pointless to ask most of the idiot racist why they feel the way they do (as you pointed out already) because most of them know nothing of history or why they feel as strongly as they do.  My advice would be to look into that time from both sides, you can't expect to find truth from Mein Kampf and more than you can from the movie Schindler’s list. IMO
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I think it is because they really are God's chosen people. I think that being aligned with the Almighty will always generate irrational anger among people who aren;t aligned with him. As the Psalmist tells us, it's not a new phenomenon, and the consequences and antidote are preordained:

Psalm 2
  1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?    
  2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,    
  3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.    
  4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.    
  5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.  
  6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.    
  7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.    
  8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.    
  9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.    
  10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.    
  11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.    
  12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#26]
i don't hate the jews, but I'm no jew kiss either.  Its almost like the white kids "whiggers" who want to be black and sympathize with them....Sorry but I judge people by them as individuals and NOT as an entire nation ala Isreal.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I agree too. Their values allow them to prosper wherever they go in the world and that breeds envy, especially in in impoverished places like Germany right after WWI.

I have read that in that place/time, Jews could only hold white color job in 2 or 3 fields.. one was finance.  So ofcourse they were all bankers. This true?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I've often wondered this myself and here's what I've come up with.

Most of it traces back to the early Christian aversion to lending money (but not borrowing). The Jews were the only ones in Europe who could lend money and charge interest, thereby making banking a lucrative pursuit. So, they naturally ended up controlling Banking. That spawned a lot of envy.

Second, the Talmud contains some not so flattering things about Gentiles. A lot of the hate is based on quotes from the Talmud. Some of the Talmud sounds rather Koran-like.

Third, the Jews were an identifiable group who, even after living in Europe for almost 2 thousand years, were genetically and culturally very much the same as they were when they arrived (Don't quote me on this but genetically it is something incredible, like 99%). They were very good about preserving their heritage and culture over long periods of time even in the midst of other cultures.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#30]
too clannish for me. they don't really accept outsiders. sounds like christians here
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i don't hate the jews, but I'm no jew kiss either.  Its almost like the white kids "whiggers" who want to be black and sympathize with them....Sorry but I judge people by them as individuals and NOT as an entire nation ala Isreal.  

So do we put you down for wee, not so wee, or fooking huge.  Its hard to tell from your post.

put me down for all three, I guess I stand alone  All I'm saying pretty much just because a person is jewish doesn't automatically make him a good guy.  I went to school in NW suburban Chicago.  If any is familiar with the area then they know there are indeed plenty of people of the jewish faith in the area.  I've met good and bad.  To say they as whole are good is as ridiculous as saying all blacks are bad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Because they can't eat pork.

Some of them do eat pork. The ones that don't keep a strictly kosher diet . I know all of this fist had as my dads family is jewish. I remember going to my great aunts house for the holidays ans she always had  ham, turkey, and several other foods there matzoball soup, (gefelte fish) sp? lets just say its hot. Most Jews are ordinary people  that like and enjoy many of the same things as non  jews
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:37:19 AM EDT
[#33]
The French, KKK, Muslims, and Nazis all hate them.  Can the Jews be that bad considering who hates them?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#34]
A co-worker of mine is hardcore, militant Jewish, and another is married to a Palestinian.

Both tell stories to make the other side look like monsters, convincing me over the years
that neither side is "the good guys" in that conflict.

Whenever there's an incident on the news, I cringe when one starts badmouthing the other side in each other's presence.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#35]
The company I work for is predominantly owned by jewish people, and a lot of them work there (including a dozen or so actual israelis that served).   It is one of the best companies I've ever worked for, and they treat their employees right.

So a big +1 for them!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Stay away from them.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#37]
It all started here:

The Israelites were united as a single kingdom through the reigns of David and Solomon, but after Solomon's death they split into two completely separate and independent kingdoms - the southern kingdom of "Judah," consisting of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin (1 Kings 12:21) with their capital at Jerusalem, and the northern kingdom of "Israel," consisting of the other ten tribes, with their capital up in Samaria. Israel and Judah were never united again. Surprisingly, they even fought wars against each other from time to time. A very important fact that many do not realize is that Judah, that is, the Jewish people of today, are only one of the tribes of Israel - while all Jews are Israelites, not all Israelites are Jews.

"When Rehoboam came to Jerusalem, he assembled all the house of Judah, and the tribe of Benjamin, a hundred and eighty thousand chosen warriors, to fight against the house of Israel, to restore the kingdom to Rehoboam the son of Solomon." (1 Kings 12:21 RSV)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I have pondered this myself and can come to only one conclusion.  Pure envy.  It is the only logical reason I can think of.  I have heard that the vast majority of Jewish European men are how shall we say, built more robustly than other European men.  This leads to better chances at better pie and thus envy in those who can't quite hit it as well.  I have however noticed that other men of European ancestry who were fortunate enough to also be born with this ancestral blessing ( perhaps there was a Jew in the wood woodpile somewhere), do not display this trait and welcome Jews without prejudice or bigotry.  Those lesser men who are not so endowed seem to have some sort of anti Jewish fixation.   I tend to like most Jewish folks alot and shall convert those who have lost their minds through no fault of their own, into NRA members in deed and spirit.

Jews are well hung? I hadn't heard that one yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I read about a battle where the jews stormed some mountains that they were getting shelled from. Sounded like some brave fighting motherfuckers. I give them credit for holding ground out in the middle of that fucking battlefield. Surrounded by countries that want to frag them. I hear that they have some bad ass top secret military facilities hidden around the country. With nukes and other crap. I think it would be FUNNY to see a country try and fuck with isreal. They would get PWNED.
GI Jew, real american hebrew. (jk)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#40]
My best friend is a conservative, gun-loving Messianic Jew.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Ask Cartman.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#42]
be careful.......I've heard somewhere that eating at Jewish restaurants can lead to drinking at Irish bars!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#43]
If we hate Jews, doesn't that put us on Hitler's side of the arguement?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The company I work for is predominantly owned by jewish people, and a lot of them work there (including a dozen or so actual israelis that served).   It is one of the best companies I've ever worked for, and they treat their employees right.

So a big +1 for them!

Can we switch Jews? Ours don't pay shit and treat us like crap.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I read about a battle where the jews stormed some mountains that they were getting shelled from. Sounded like some brave fighting motherfuckers. I give them credit for holding ground out in the middle of that fucking battlefield. Surrounded by countries that want to frag them. I hear that they have some bad ass top secret military facilities hidden around the country. With nukes and other crap. I think it would be FUNNY to see a country try and fuck with isreal. They would get PWNED.
GI Jew, real american hebrew. (jk)

You're confusing Israeli's with "jews".  
Part of the reason they catch as much crap here in the US is the perception that they're all extreme left wing liberal, pro big intrusive .gov types.  When every other Hollywood asshat spouting off liberal crap is Jewish people notice.  When it seems like all the officious busybody .gov bureacrats fvcking with your life are Jewish people notice.  When it seems like all the elected officials and heads of activist groups messing with your way of life are Jewish......when the ACLU types having a hissy fit over a Nativity scene don't have a problem with Jewish holiday displays.......ad nauseum.

It seems to me that most antisemitism isn't directed at Grandpa Irvin who runs the local deli, or Isaac the local tailor.  It's directed at the "east/west coast big city smarmy know it alls" who can barely contain their disdain for the peons in flyover country.  Hasidic or Orthodox Jews IMO don't stir up the dislike as much as Reform Jews do.  
The TV show "Northern Exposure" is a prime example of what I'm talking about.  In the real world Fleischman would probably be the main reason for any anti-semitism that the townsfolk had.  Their sole exposure to Jewish folk just had to be a whiny, know it all east coast Reform liberal????
The Southpark episode where Kyle is irked by his stereotypical jewish cousin comes to mind also.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#46]
You are mad because you only get one day of christmas and they get like 12 of those bitches. They also get that bad ass dradle and yamaha.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You are mad because you only get one day of christmas and they get like 12 of those bitches. They also get that bad ass dradle and yamaha.

Last year the neighbor kid got a dreidle and a Kawasaki.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last year the neighbor kid got a dreidle and a Kawasaki.

Lol! Speaking of racism, What is up with the blacks and the asians hating on each other? You buy now!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Jews eat beef like most of us do.  They drink beer too, just like regular people.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top