Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 4:56:18 PM EDT
Some dealers must be on crack
from gunbroker's FFL list
Transfer fee: $20.00 long guns, $35.00 handguns & para-military

I see many of them charging more for handguns, and the one that also charges more for "para-military" pissed me off.
Why charge more? even in NY I don't think the dealer has to do anything different, it's up to the buyer to go get the gun registered on his pistol permit
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like someone is trying to capitolize on the sunsetting of the AWB and the relexive influx of new "Assault Weapons" buyers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont know what the hell.  I pay a flat fee for mine, it did feel funny that time paying $20 to them and walking out with a 50cal, since I bought it off the internet a month earlier.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dont know what the hell.  I pay a flat fee for mine, it did feel funny that time paying $20 to them and walking out with a 50cal, since I bought it off the internet a month earlier.

[Taxman]  Hey Bob, bet you a 12 pack I can walk in this store and buy a .50 for $20!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Taxman]  Hey Bob, bet you a 12 pack I can walk in this store and buy a .50 for $20!!

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Some dealers must be on crack
from gunbroker's FFL list

I see many of them charging more for handguns, and the one that also charges more for "para-military" pissed me off.
Why charge more? even in NY I don't think the dealer has to do anything different, it's up to the buyer to go get the gun registered on his pistol permit

Wow, that is BS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Cheesy, but supply and demand.  go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What a dick.  Tell him to get bent.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Time to find a new dealer and spread the word about the old one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw another one, that will do it for $15
now I have to seriously look at whether or not I can spend the money on the rifle I'm thinking about
stupid black rifle disease
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top