Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:45:24 PM EDT
I'm not responsible for anything stupid or violent anyone here does.  you clicked on this thread of your own free will.  If you don't like it click off.  All the info I have posted is easily accessed elsewhere and through books.

Ive gotten a few IM's on a previous post about the topic of silent killing.  So here you go.

Rule of thumb on throat slitting DON'T!!!  It is better to go in from the side blade facing away.  The (I'm not a medical professional, bare with me) Sternochlomastoid muscle on the side of the neck has
about the consistency of burnt steak, it is a bitch to cut.  These muscle run parralell and along the trachea and are a natural hindrance if you are try side to side blade facing you.  As SinBin pointed out what usually happens is the slitter is wounded as badly as the slittee.  

Blade edge to front hammer (point away from thumb) grip plunging inward try to get the point into the spinal column for better effect.  As the knife is in work it sideways with sawing motion to open the wound to let the blood flow.  I'm told it is a moderately clean technique if you open the windpipe, as the blood poors into it and less is on you.

The knife you have dictates the technique!  
A DAGGER or STILLETTO and most BAYONETS is all about the point.  PUNCTURING=you dont cut steak with a letter opener
A KNIFE is about the edge CUTTING.

If you have a knife here are reccomendations
1.  at least 5 inch blade
2.  serrated, preferably torwards the point, the first few inches of the knife do the work.
3.  if balanced it is generally throwable, wouldn't reccomend but it is an option.

The exception would be the Ghurka knife th KHUKRI/KHUKURI it is a cleaving weapon.  It is unbalanced as extra weight on the blade edge makes it adept at removing large chunks head, rifle arm, and others.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, if I wanted to kill someone quickly or silently with a knife, I'd grab his mouth with one hand and stab in the hollow of the throat, into the armpit and heart, or right where the neck meets the shoulder, between the bones. Assuming blade length is five inches or more anyway. Cutting doesn't do enough damage with a knife, stabbing is the best use of one.

Of course, I'm a saber fencer, so stabbing doesn't usually come into the equation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
EDIT:

This thread is gay.  The Neutral Observer wishes he could undo replying to it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Topics like this are good for arfcom pr.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Ever hear a throat cut animal? That loud, heavy gargling noise would alert eeverybody nearby.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Generally, if I wanted to kill someone quickly or silently with a knife, I'd grab his mouth with one hand and stab in the hollow of the throat, into the armpit and heart, or right where the neck meets the shoulder, between the bones. Assuming blade length is five inches or more anyway. Cutting doesn't do enough damage with a knife, stabbing is the best use of one.

Of course, I'm a saber fencer, so stabbing doesn't usually come into the equation.

So you'd want a DAGGER?  Respectfully did you read the whole post?  Different weapon different technique, I'm sure everyone appreciates your contribution though.  The hollow in the shoulder offers the best access to the aorta as I understand it, that arm can be a pain to get around.  Also your targets range of motion is stronger arm at the side than it is trying to reach up and behind to stop your attack.  The hollow is the better target, good pointer though!  Blade length is a must.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Here we go again ..........why ???
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Zombies, cyanide. Remember the zombies?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

GO AWAY I'm pretty sure noone wants to here your to .02, Cyanide.  Go shit on SGTAR15's thread.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Um....do you have "connections"?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zombies, cyanide. Remember the zombies?

I don't want to get close enough to zombies to melee with them.. I wana blast 'em with a shotgun!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO AWAY I'm pretty sure noone wants to here your to .02, Cyanide.  Go shit on SGTAR15's thread.

Make me ..................... a death match in the pit, OK ???

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
5" blade through a kidney....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ever hear a throat cut animal? That loud, heavy gargling noise would alert eeverybody nearby.

Compared to screaming???  Yes I've heard a throat cut animal if it's done efficiently you hear a sucking weasing sound.  It gets an entertaining reaction from the squeamish.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Doesn't always produce the shock effect quickly enough it's an option though.  I just don't like having my fingers over the mouth or in someones teeth.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
When the blue helmets/Soviets/Cubans/aliens from Star Trek invade, we'll need to know a way of defending ourselves without going out guns blazing.

And speaking from experience, a deer with its esophogus and veins slit totally through will live long enough to kick your friend in the shin and give you a "what the fuck did I ever do to you" look.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't always produce the shock effect quickly enough it's an option though.  I just don't like having my fingers over the mouth or in someones teeth.

First strike -- no double movement of grab then stab.....

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First strike -- no double movement of grab then stab.....

Sounds about right the grip change is a bitch though.  It's a funny thing the recipient doesn't cooperate like we feel they should.  If you can get your arms around the head and control it a choke/neckbreak technique is better.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Got tired of waiting on you ..........

It don't work, I just tried it ............
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have a long, sharp knife, you can also slit the diaphragm. No air in lungs = no scream. With the shock of the kidney stab, he won't be thrashing about while suffocating and gives you long enough to stab him again in a more immediately lethal part of the body. Unless you use a thin, flexible blade, you might be able to stab him in the temple and drive into the brain.

The cool thing about hunting is that animal physiology is close enough to human that you can find lots of ways to exploit the bodies weaknesses.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Last I heard SF was teaching a thrust at the top of the spine, into the brain housing group, followed by a stirring motion. Apparently they drop without making a sound.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have a long, sharp knife, you can also slit the diaphragm. No air in lungs = no scream. With the shock of the kidney stab, he won't be thrashing about while suffocating and gives you long enough to stab him again in a more immediately lethal part of the body. Unless you use a thin, flexible blade, you might be able to stab him in the temple and drive into the brain.

The cool thing about hunting is that animal physiology is close enough to human that you can find lots of ways to exploit the bodies weaknesses.

You should take up Ju Jutsu (NON-SPORT) and Phillipino martial arts, You would love it.  You a practitioner in any martial arts?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Easy solution: Supressed 9mm, pick your flavor... quality JHP from Win, Fed, Rem in 147gr weight... add 5 parts brain tissue and slop onto nearest flat surface... repeat as necessary...

NO I'm not a seal.. I just play one on ARFCOM....

(or you could use a Mak.. seems to work well for the russkies, they do a lot of that "behind the back" shit)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Last I heard SF was teaching a thrust at the top of the spine, into the brain housing group, followed by a stirring motion. Apparently they drop without making a sound.

Read my last thread it has been covered it is in GD I'll bump it for you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#26]
If everyone ignores Cyanide does he go away???
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
WTF is this doing here?

Go post in your own little world (whatever that is).  This aint it.

Sorry didn't think it would get hit this much I got several IM's and just responded.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
silly bullshit redacted

Would you please go back to whatever video- or role playing game board you sprang from?  If you've cut anything more serious than a fart I'll kiss your ass at high noon in the square and give you 30 minutes to draw a crowd.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should take up Ju Jutsu (NON-SPORT) and Phillipino martial arts, You would love it.  You a practitioner in any martial arts?

Not unless you count a few boxing/wrestling moves I picked up fighting with my friends. In hand to hand combat, I generally rely on the element of surprise. Few people expect someone of my build to move as fast as I do, and by the time they catch on, their nose is broken and their nuts got cracked.

I've tried taking classes with a ninjitsu instructor near where I live, but he keeps moving his gym around and I'm always one step behind him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Not for shit posts like this one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted: It is better to go in from the side blade facing away.  
 I seen a video on the net last year with this method.  I beleive it was a Russian soldier and killer was standing on his head when it started.  All I can anyone who uses that method of execution sure has a lot of hate in them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for shit posts like this one.

+1 super gay post.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

He has a valid point, and I doubt you have ever drawn blood from anything more serious than a skateboarding accident. People who kill do so for a reason, people don't need your have assed how to guide.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He has a valid point, and I doubt you have ever drawn blood from anything more serious than a skateboarding accident. People who kill do so for a reason, people don't need your have assed how to guide.

If you need to kill for your job ----------

there are real people who will teach you.......... the right way.

This is bad for the board. JMO
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Why the hell is this thread still going?  WTF?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if you come home and find a guy raping your wife in the bedroom while another guy is supposedly standing guard in the hallway watching? You gonna cry and ask them nicely to go away, or are you going to stick the fucker like a pig and get the job on the other bastard?

And I'm afraid cyanide actually has a valid point, this thread could conceivably be bad for our image.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It had one redeeming moment.

That Alf picture was pretty good.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It had one redeeming moment.

That Alf picture was pretty good.

Yeah , it was ....................
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if you come home and find a guy raping your wife in the bedroom while another guy is supposedly standing guard in the hallway watching? You gonna cry and ask them nicely to go away, or are you going to stick the fucker like a pig and get the job on the other bastard?

And I'm afraid cyanide actually has a valid point, this thread could conceivably be bad for our image.

I pop him with my Sig P-220

rush to wherever the other guy  is and pop him before he has time to get off my wife.

The KISS program.

She would thank me later I'm sure.

EDIT: they would be dead before I even got home though ........... she is a better shot than me....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#41]
This applies to him

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#42]
HOLY SHIT!! WE HAVE BEEN INFILTRATED BY A REAL LIFE MALL NINJA!

Go Away Troll

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Damn funny.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read my last thread it has been covered it is in GD I'll bump it for you.

Been away for a while, I missed a lot of threads.

USMC teaches a knife technique--overhand into the side of the throat and twist. I don't know how quiet it would be, but it is a gross motor skill.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Contrasted by the guy advocating nuking 10 arab cities in retalliation to another attack regardless of involvement.  Where did I overstep it?

To the moderators, I'M SORRY.

contrasted by nuking innocent people, I thought my thread would be miniscule.  Granted it is a little graphic, sorry.  I did put a warning in the title and I see graphic stuff here all the time.

AGAIN to the MODERATORS, SORRY.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#47]
This is just about the dumest fucking thread I've ever seen.

So...where'd you get your info there Mr. Mall Ninja...from OJ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#49]
My great-grandfather used to slaughter cattle by hitting them between the eyes with a ball-pein hammer. I bet my uncle remembers the details of hammer weight, point of impact, pein vs. face, number of blows, etc. Also, he once tried to put a horse down by shooting it between the eyes with an Iver Johnson .32, but all 5 slugs lodged in the barrel, and he had to use a hammer on the horse as well. I do not know if it was the same hammer. I can probably interview older relatives and get details on proper hammer selection for equine as contrasted with bovine liquidation ops. I myself once killed a wounded cat with an axe. Oddly enough, the brain does not appear to be an area of particular vulnerability in felines.

I will watch my IM inbox, and plan my research based on the activity I observe there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#50]
O.J. says, "Light Saber day ass!"

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top