Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2001 6:07:57 PM EDT
The following was received from MN Concealed Carry Reform Now! If you are living in MN and concerned about this issue, please contact your representatives, senators and governor.

Channel 5 reported today that the Minnesota Personal Protection Act (must issue concealed carry) is in the works and will get a hearing and a vote. The leadership of CCRN has been working very hard behind the scenes to develop a bill that will pass the Minnesota House. We have every reason to believe the bill we have developed will do just that.

With the word out it now time to turn up the heat and begin the grass roots lobbying efforts. We have very good reason to believe that the House of Representatives will vote on and pass the type of bill we have been working on for the past three years.

Please go the CCRN website ( http://www.MNCCRN.org ) tomorrow and download the committee memberships and the House of Representatives listing. Communicate to all your friends that for the next six weeks the pressure needs to be on. Along with your representative pay particular attention to Rep. Tim Pawlenty and Speaker Steve Swiggum. Also, Gov. Ventrua is getting soft. Call and e-mail the Governor reminding that he needs to keep all his promises.

To contact Governor Ventura:

130 State Capitol
75 Constitution Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55155

Voice (651) 296-3391 or (800) 657-3717
Fax: (651) 296-2089
TDD: (651) 296-0075 or (800) 657-3598

http://www.mainserver.state.mn.us/governor/email_form.html

We are still working on our Senate Strategy. Roger Moe, Majority leader has stacked the committees against a hearing. How our fellow Minnesotan's from his district can continue to support such an anti 2nd amendment senator is beyond me. We will get some type of vote on this issue out of the senate. As you well know we count any vote that knocks this issue off track.

As always call early and call often (weekly at least).
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for bringing this up, I was not aware of it.  Unfortunately I have not gotten a very enthusiastic response from my congressman in responses to letters that I have written.  Oh well, just keep plugging away at it.

BTT
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be working the CCRN both on Sunday afternoon.  Hope to meet some of you there!  :)
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
What booth?  Where?  Gun show?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top