Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 5:22:17 AM EDT
Why is it only like $35 compared to many of their other lights which use the same bulb and batteries??
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
It is made from Polymer instead of the usual anodized aluminum
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The body of the flashlight is made of plastic instead of aluminuim. Bulbs are the same, but it's cheaper to make something out of plastic than metal.

AoD

PS I've got two, they work great....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
screw that, I'll just pay the 35 bucks and get the cheapo one..  

is the metal one significantly lighter or something?  (might make a difference as a weapon light)..
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I own 2 and bought 5 as gifts.

Awesome flashlights!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
The metal one is HEAVIER......If you hit somebody in the head wiith either one, he's gonna go down.....but you MIGHT need to get a new polymer flashlight after you do that, but all you'd have to do is wipe the blood off the metal one....

AoD
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#7]
awesome, polymer it is, thanks for the replies!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
screw that, I'll just pay the 35 bucks and get the cheapo one..  

is the metal one significantly lighter or something?  (might make a difference as a weapon light)..

Check out the Lights and Lasers section on the AR15 board, lots of info on the G2 as a weapons light. I happen to use one my self.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top