Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2001 8:48:11 PM EDT
 Has anyone had an FAL built for them by AzexArms?...Thinking about getting one done up for me but wanted to get some input first.
 The stuff on their website looks pretty good. Any advice would be appreciated
[uzi]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
btt?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not had a gun built by them but Derek went out of his way for me on another matter.  Small parts related.  If he treats his customers the way he treated a Joe blow who had bought zip from him then you can't go wrong.  I read posts on FAL files from guys who have had FAL's built by him.  Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a bad word written about Azex.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
There are people out there who don't like Derek personally.  He is very "plain spoken."  I have never heard a criticism of his work.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've handled quite a few of his rifles personally, and I've been VERY impressed with his work. He's got a sweet operation going on, and he's the one I'll be going to when it's FAL time for me(hopefully soon[:D]).
He's also an easy person to get along with, at least for me, and I'd be happy to give him my business.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard he and Gunplumber are two of the best.

Gunplumber is at [url]www.arizonaresponsesystems.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I have never dealt with him as well, but know about his reputation. I've read quite a few posts on Falfiles, and they all had good things to say about his work. Like TT said once I have the money for a Fal(or have one built) I will be going to him.

I went by reputation with another smithy for my AK and the guys on the boards were right on. So I tend to trust their(you guys) advice. People on the boards tend to be brutal if you screw em and very good about spreading the word on good dealings.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:52:28 AM EDT
[#7]
While I have disagreed with Derek personally on some political issues, he has an EXXCELLENT reputation for his work on FAL's by some of the most knowledgeable people out there.

What more do you need to know??
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
As others have said, I have had some rows with Derek over his racial philosophy, but no one has ever criticized his work on FALs. I have seen two of his FALs and shot one and both were excellent guns.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I've met Derek and seen some of his handiwork.  IMO, you will be pleased with his work.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#10]
IMHO: They make one of the best FALs out there.
Great service too!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the input guys!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you all from the very deepest regions of my coal-black heart! LOL!

I'm still humbled and flattered by all the good things that said about the work that comes from "my little firehouse".

I'm doing my best to keep things afloat in this flat firearms market, and to keep my dedication to detail intact through these hard times.

D. www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top