Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2005 1:43:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Dogs like chocolate...A few well placed candy bars before 5am should do wonders...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]

I hear you about bad neighbors, but honestly, what can you do?  Call the humane society about his pets?  Take legal action on small stuff to harass him out of the neighborhood?  

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
He does sound like an asshole.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Those damned electrical fires.... Always spring up at the worse times....
What hours is he gone to work again?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:47:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Definately sounds like a friggin dickhead. Just keep your fingers crossed he slips in dogshit and breaks his worthless piece of shit neck! add to that his friggin daughter!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're in E TN (and I'm pretty sure you are), it's a wonder your neighbors haven't run this piece of trash out of town on a rail. I'm not far from you and I know how people in this area think. Often times neighbors have a way of taking care of nuisance neighbors in this area and convince them to move elsewhere.

Based on what you've said, I'm surprised someone hasn't confronted this asshole and beaten him about half to death by now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:53:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:58:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, he sounds like a real jewel. But you've managed to keep your cool through it all and that's good. But someday this fella's character flaws will catch up with him and he'll get his. They always do.

Afterall, I'm sure there's a few Doc Holliday types that still run around these parts. He'll cross paths with one of them sooner or later and when he does, it'll get ugly. LOL.

-CH
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:11:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Not to hijack, but I lived next to a guy named kevin and one day kevin decided to buy a puppy for his 4 yr old son which had a bad habit of slamming every thing in his possession against a huge swamp maple tree. So one saturday morning kevin decided to let his son play with the puppy in the back yard alone next to this huge swamp maple. Do I have to fill in the blanks. Well I saw it, went immediatly to kevins house and told him what i have seen, he told me to get off his f-ing property or he'll shove that puppy up my ass. OK, I did. After the puppy was picked off the tree it died the following day (damaged liver). The day after that the police and the animal control come knocking on my door stating my good old kevin signed a complaint that I witnessed the puppy and swamp maple meet each for the first and last time and I did not do anything about to prevent it from happening. And animal crulity charge may be pending. And if I had any animals. Well, from that day on I made kevins life so miserable that one day i came home from work guess what what sitting in his front lawn, a sign, yes a for sale sign. If wondering, I never heard anything from the law since....Talking about JERKS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Call the cops...they'll shoot his dog.

But the dog isn't the one that needs shooting.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I just might have to "take to" cleaning my 12 ga. every morning at about 5AM on my front porch while talking to myself and aiming it every so often at phantom zombies...maybe even shuck some #00 through it to make sure it works right...be a damned shame if that thing "went off" by accident
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:43:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:53:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Alot of you guys know me personaly and I do not under any circumstances rile easy but 14 years now this guy is really starting to get to me.

My wife works damn hard and the only morning she has to sleep in is today.  Well the asshole has a new dog which he lets out at 5:00AM which promptly barks its fool head off and riles every dog in this part of the county including mine.  OK you think, shit happens, new dog, what do you expect?  Well this is the fourth dog he's had in 14 years having shot the other three.  That's right shot three of his own dogs in 14 years.  One a beautiful Eskimo Spitz cause it had the audacity to have puppies twice but then hey its  OK for him to let his dogs roam and inconvienence others but not him.  I mean what did he expect, dog in heat, let to roam free. equals puppies.  Let us not forget he once, not in the score, shot a 9 year old neighbors dog cause it had the audacity to enter his yard after busting loose from his fenced in yard but of course his dogs can go as they please.  

This guy is ex-father inlaw of the diabled vet I took off the street and am helpling to get back on his feet.   The vet made the mistake of stopping buy the assholes asking for permission to fill his one gallon water jug and got a gun in his face for his efforts.  Of course, it mattered little to this asshole that it is his druggie daughter illegally taking the veterans VA pension that put this guy on the street in the first place.

For the first two years I lived here I tried to get to know this guy.  Every hello or wave was met by a "Humph" and turn of his back.  I asked the neighbors and got a resounding "Stay away from him.  He's a thief. He's an Asshole."  No more details than that and in this part of the country one doesn't pry nor does one question the word of almost a dozen neighbors with the same opinion.  

I was raised as a southern gentleman with country standards.  Some of you will know what that means while others won't but it does mean alot when I make this next statement.

I'm REALLY starting to not like this asshole!

Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent and no one is awake here but me and my mother in law and if I told her this shit it would scare her  for she knows me after 31 years.

Tj

I didn't know you lived next to me!

Hiya neighbor.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I once had a neighbor that was annoying me by playing his stereo really loud late at night.  Repeated requests to cease got me nowhere, so I fixed that problem by mowing my lawn at 7:00 am.  My mower does not have any sort of muffler, and I jacked up the throttle so it runs LOUD and FAST.  One week I mowed it 3 times!!!  The mower woke him up every time.  We finally reached an accord.  No mowing before 10:00 am, and no loud music after 10:00 pm.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Could this possibly be Cyanide's twin, you know the evil one.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#19]
BOILING POT

ANTI- FREEZE

1 PACKET HOTDOGS

REPEAT AS NECESSARY

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Damn, TJ - what is it about Blount county that attracts these pieces of shit?  I had similar problems up at Top of the World with dogs, but these were vicious and attacked my wife.  After repeated calls to animal control (which is a JOKE in Blount county) I just shot the damn thing.  Of course, I fucked up by not being covert.  Caused a big row.

Now, my solution is an AR lower with NM trigger, DPMS heavy barrel upper in .22LR, threaded, and a TAC-65 suppressor, launching 60 gr SSS Aguila.

By the way, we haven't gotten together in a long time - why don't I bring my new acquisition over one night, preferably when your neighbor is gone for a while?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Neighbors across the street always had loud parties and cussfights till two in the morning.  I sleep early and rise early.  One really bad night I decided I had had enough.  I like to weld and build things behind my house so I decided it was the right time to start that new pit.  

Funny thing is my pipe was a little out of round, I needed to get it straight before I could build the pit.  My four pound hammer just couldn't get that pipe straight, even after beating on it for about thirty minutes on the property line at 6 oclock in the morning ( with ear plugs in thank God).  After that things got a lot quieter in the evenings.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
BOILING POT

ANTI- FREEZE

1 PACKET HOTDOGS

REPEAT AS NECESSARY

It works on alot of varmints.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
BOILING POT

ANTI- FREEZE

1 PACKET HOTDOGS

REPEAT AS NECESSARY

But how do you get the owner to eat the hotdogs?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Hell. man, what do you expect? After all, you DO live in East Tennessee

(Sorry, couldn't resist.  My wife was born and half raised in Chattanooga And to tell the truth, we get the same types down here in Northwest Georgia)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I feel for you, buddy. I have dealt with these situations (thank God, never as a party) and I am sad to report they are just about insoluble, until the neighbor dies. Even if the jackasses go to jail, they eventually come back, usually with a worse attitude. I suggest that most often overlooked yet most powerful resource: prayer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow TJ sorry to hear about that. You truly are a southern gentleman and it sucks that you have to live next to a southern piece of white trash

echo6
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Tannerite. Front lawn. 3 am. "Oops, sorry about that. Good thing it didn't happen to your house. On a much larger scale. Night, neighbor!"
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Neighbors like that never get the idea. He carries a pitol and isn't afraid to whip it out at a moments notice. He is a lost cause, plain and simple. Your only hope is that he will pull it on someone when he is out someplace and they will shove it up his ass and fire i.
White trash like that don't care.
Sorry about your luck. You can try to make it hard on him, but it sounds like it won't do any good. He is the type that runs off other neighbors, you won't run him off.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#29]
It might be worth TRYING to complain to animal control - then maybe if he whips out his gun when they show up, he'll have a lot more trouble on his hands than an upset neighbor.

Sorry you've got to deal with an asshole like that.  Being the gentleman that you are, it unfortunately puts you at a real disadvantage when it comes to inconsiderate jerks.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Easy... For every bark you hear blast Madonnas Lucky star for an hour in his direction.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Dogs like chocolate...

A few well placed candy bars before 5am should do wonders...

Dogs don't annoy neighbors, neighbors annoy neighbors.....

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Bark Free

# Deters barking from your neighbor’s dog — or your own!
# Humane technology won’t inflict harm or pain
# Covers a 50-ft. radius
# For outdoor use only
# Wireless, battery powered

Stop annoying barking from your dog — or your neighbor's dog — with Super Bark Free, a humane and effective bark deterrent that quiets noisy dogs without inflicting harm or pain. This revolutionary system automatically detects dog barking and responds by emitting a high-pitched tone that humans can't hear. Although the tone does not cause pain to animals, most dogs don't like it and will stop needless barking.

Specifications

Developed by veterinary technicians, Super Bark Free works with any size or breed of dog. Use it to cure a dog's behavioral problems or to train puppies not to bark. Ideal for multiple-dog homes, Super Bark Free responds to barking made from up to 50 ft. away. Simply install the system using the included mounting bracket and point is directly at the barking dog's yard. (It works best if it has a clear line-of-sight to the yard. Fences and garden foliage will decrease the Super Bark Free's effectiveness.)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It might be worth TRYING to complain to animal control - then maybe if he whips out his gun when they show up, he'll have a lot more trouble on his hands than an upset neighbor.

Sorry you've got to deal with an asshole like that.  Being the gentleman that you are, it unfortunately puts you at a real disadvantage when it comes to inconsiderate jerks.  

I have FIRST HAND experience with this particular county's animal control.  When they showed up due to numerous complaints of VERY aggressive behavior by my neighbor's "stray" dogs from numerous neighbors, he claimed they weren't his, had no collars or tags on them, said he was "just taking care of them", and according to the animal control officer "got ugly and didn't care for the officer's plans to pick up the dogs and take them to the pound" - so the officer wussed out and turned tail and left, without doing ANYTHING.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
For those of you with reading comprehension, the DOG is NOT the problem, TJ is talking about his neighbor - posting about poisoning animals is immature, and it just might get your account locked!

Eric E

My feelings exactly!

Deal with the neighbor, not the dog.  The dog is just being a dog

I don't know why all the jerks here think killing a dog is something to joke about.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
BOILING POT

ANTI- FREEZE

1 PACKET HOTDOGS

REPEAT AS NECESSARYhr
 Don't give it to the dog, give it to the Asshole and his daughter
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BOILING POT

ANTI- FREEZE

1 PACKET HOTDOGS

REPEAT AS NECESSARYhr
 Don't give it to the dog, give it to the Asshole and his daughter hr
not really , I would never do that, just hope everything works out...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#38]
neighbors are for the birds
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#39]
sorry TJ, this guys sounds like a classic POS.

just more reasons why I avoid having any neighbors at all if at all possible.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Buy a box of Exlax and stick it inside some ground meat.  The dog may start crapping all over his house.  He'll keep shooting them or give up owning them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#42]
1.  Practice draw from concealment until you have your draw and fire first round hit under .5 sec.
2.  Stop by neighbors house to talk to him about dog issue.
3.  Documented asshole/gun puller goes to draw down on you, putting you in legitimate fear of death or serious injury.
4.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#43]
You have a real winner on your hands, TJ.

There is no real answer to your problem.  The best you can do is super-sound proof one room in your house so your wife can get some sleep.  All other possibilities risk life, limb, and jail time, though that dog-silencer do-ja-ma-thingee looks promising for keeping that dog quiet.

Guess the daughter didn't fall far from the tree, eh?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#44]
No one has posted the 3 S's yet? And I don't mean for the dog.
j/k
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#45]
my new neighbors (apartment) have a dog
it is doing its non stop barking that it does when they aren't home right now
fucking annoying
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you're in E TN (and I'm pretty sure you are), it's a wonder your neighbors haven't run this piece of trash out of town on a rail. I'm not far from you and I know how people in this area think. Often times neighbors have a way of taking care of nuisance neighbors in this area and convince them to move elsewhere.

Based on what you've said, I'm surprised someone hasn't confronted this asshole and beaten him about half to death by now.

Oh you know the area alright and its been tried many times but this guy is classic.  He packs a revolver and if you even have the audacity to step in his yard, out it comes. let alone let you get close enough to talk to him.

This guys a disaster waiting to happen.

Tj

actually that could be used to your advantage. Person with a hidden video camera filming person2 walk up to the guy in a clearly friendly manner, out comes gun, police come, view tape, guy goes to jail
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Go rent "Throw Momma from the train".  Think criss cross.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
my new neighbors (apartment) have a dog
it is doing its non stop barking that it does when they aren't home right now
fucking annoying

it is lonely.. play with it!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
BOILING POT

ANTI- FREEZE

1 PACKET HOTDOGS

REPEAT AS NECESSARY

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top