BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 9:52:42 PM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,143743,00.html

Students Strip-Searched for $10 Bill

Friday, January 07, 2005

Associated Press

LA MARQUE, Texas — Ten students between the ages of 11 and 12 were strip-searched as officials at their charter school tried to find a missing $10 bill.

Seven girls and three boys at the Mainland Preparatory Academy (search) were searched down to their underwear Thursday after one of the girls reported the money missing, said Principal Wilma Green. The money was not found.

"It's not illegal," La Marque Police Chief Richard Price said. "We don't see it as a criminal offense." But he said an investigation was underway.

The search angered at least one parent, who filed a complaint with police and pulle say if it happened again I wouldn't do the same thing."

In Thursday's search, the boys were sent off with a male teacher and the girls with a female teacher, who told them to strip to their underwear, Green said.

"Nobody objected to it. Most of the kids didn't mind because they wanted to get their name cleared," she said. "It was no different than what the students would be doing when they would be in P.E. We searched everything down to the socks."

La Marque (search) is about 40 miles southeast of Houston.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they find the $10
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did they find the $10

Article doesn't say.

Editted to say: Yes it does say. I'm a moron.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did they find the $10

Article doesn't say.

Quoted:

Friday, January 07, 2005

Associated Press

LA MARQUE, Texas — Ten students between the ages of 11 and 12 were strip-searched as officials at their charter school tried to find a missing $10 bill.

Seven girls and three boys at the Mainland Preparatory Academy (search) were searched down to their underwear Thursday after one of the girls reported the money missing, said Principal Wilma Green. The money was not found.

"It's not illegal," La Marque Police Chief Richard Price said. "We don't see it as a criminal offense." But he said an investigation was underway.

The search angered at least one parent, who filed a complaint with police and pulle say if it happened again I wouldn't do the same thing."

In Thursday's search, the boys were sent off with a male teacher and the girls with a female teacher, who told them to strip to their underwear, Green said.

"Nobody objected to it. Most of the kids didn't mind because they wanted to get their name cleared," she said. "It was no different than what the students would be doing when they would be in P.E. We searched everything down to the socks."

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm obviously a moron.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm obviously a moron.

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
You may not be a moron, but the person responsible for this search is......and will likely soon be an unemployed and sued moron.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Friday, January 07, 2005

Associated Press

"It's not illegal," La Marque Police Chief Richard Price said. "We don't see it as a criminal offense." Of course you don't, you thought it would be good practice for them in case they had to fly commercialBut he said an investigation was underway.

"Nobody objected to it. Most of the kids didn't mind because they wanted to get their name cleared,"  And because they were 11 years old and a person of authority that they were told to respect told them to. she said. "It was no different than what the students would be doing when they would be in P.E. Things must have changed since I went to school, don't remember being told to strip to my underwear by a teacher when I was elevenWe searched everything down to the socks."

WTF Over

Edit to change the ages
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Wow, times sure have changed. When I was a kid, strip searches were only two bits. Now they're $10, and that's with the group discount?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top