Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 9:28:53 PM EDT

AP NEWS WIRE
January 8, 2005, 12:11 AM EST

UNITED NATIONS -- United Nations peacekeepers in Congo sexually exploited women and girls, some as young as 13, a U.N. watchdog office said Friday in a new confirmation that efforts to curb abuses by U.N. troops are not working.

Peacekeepers regularly had sex with Congolese women and girls, usually in exchange for food or small sums of money, investigators from the world body's Office of Internal Oversight Services found.

"We have had and continue to have a serious problem of sexual exploitation and abuse," William Lacy Swing, the United Nations' special representative to Congo, said at a news conference.

"We are shocked by it, we are outraged, we are sickened by it. Peacekeepers who have been sworn to assist those in need, particularly those who have been victims of sexual violence, instead have caused grievous harm."

Charges of sex abuse and other crimes have been lodged against U.N. peacekeeping missions around the world for decades. Officials have found it difficult to crack down because the United Nations doesn't want to offend the relatively small number of countries that are willing to provide peacekeepers.

What a ruse, we should withdraw from the UN.  After which we should kick Kofi Annan and his tribe (no racial slur intended) out of the USA and use the UN building for better purposes.  

I'm pissed!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
and use the UN building for better purposes.  

I was thinking a gun shop.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A BIG one!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally wouldnt mind just telling the UN to get lost and pay back rent.   Lets see how long they last without us.    I one day fear that a world war will consist of the United States vs the United Nations.  This will be shortly after the US deports the liberals.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
And trys to employ the world wide gun ban.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
DAMN! I HATE THE FUCKING UN!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#7]
The U.S. is the official whipping boy of the U.N.

We just need to flip them the finger and send them to somewhere where they can practice their avarice and nepotism.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:00:43 AM EDT
[#8]

SO, Tell me why the USA should be part of the UN?  

No one here will tell you that
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

SO, Tell me why the USA should be part of the UN?  

No one here will tell you that

I know.

So when there is a crisis in the world that we don't or shouldn't care about we can say the un should do more not us.

Keep your friends close or enemys closer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#10]
It pisses me off that we support a huge % of the UN funding, and when any world crisis happens we are the first to jump in and help.  And it pisses me off that the UN is saying we are not giving enough.  It also pisses me off that NO ONE ELSE would come to our aid if we needed it.  But hey, whats new?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't think of one reason why we should stay.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#12]
While I am one who believes the UN is no longer a useful effective organization, picture a world were there isn't a place to keep first, second & third world medling incompetant diplomats who are not housed in one location? Sorta follows the old saying "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"
If those fucktards aren't kept busy, they'll be screwing things up elsewhere...you can depend upon it.

One other thing to keep in perspective, the UN is located in NYC and the NY Times is infested with those of the same mindset.... UN = Good, U.S. = Bad.  When international "news" needs to be published count on the NYT to polish the turd that is the UN.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The answer is simple.  So we can stay on the Security Council and not allow those punk bitches to do ANYTHING we don't like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top