Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 8:40:42 PM EDT
I've had Black Rifle Fever since 1998 and as a result I've got more than my fair share of complete AR's.  At least one for each of my children to have when they are grown.

I've also got 3 lowers waiting to be finsihed, my funds aren't tight, but they aren't exactly loose either.

The 3 lowers are Tromix, Tromix and a PWA (pre).  All have butt stocks and lower parts installed.

Should I sell em' or keep them, and If I sell them should I keep the PWA, and sell an Essential, Oly or ?.  

I've been toying with the idea of offering my Prebans to slave state members, but I've never seen a thread where that has seemed to work out.  

Advice Please>>>>>
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you could be the coolest guy in the world and give one to a poor college student

like me!

Hmmm... intersting comment, give one away based on merit or an essay  (just like college)

ETA - BTW, I am already pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My birthday is only four weeks away old buddy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My birthday is only four weeks away old buddy.

Yeah but that is 4 WEEKS!! My UnBirthday is TODAY!!! Buddly ol pal of mine
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got 364 Unbirthdays each year!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
keep them, you will regret selling them!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
List them in the equiptment exchange but in your listing that you are selling to only slave states 1st. Contact Aimless, he is running the NY preban lowers program.

Contact me first, I am one of the unlucky SOB's stuck here behiend enemy lines.

ZW17
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
keep them, you will regret selling them!

I'm kind of thinking that also.  I waited almost a year for the Tromix lowers, that was when Tony was going out of business and they were going to be the LAST Tromix lowers - Then after they shipped, Tony's back in Bidness.  So they don't have that much worth as compared to any other Post lower.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
List them in the equiptment exchange but in your listing that you are selling to only slave states 1st. Contact Aimless, he is running the NY preban lowers program.

Contact me first, I am one of the unlucky SOB's stuck here behiend enemy lines.

ZW17

Beat me to it.  I know someone who wants me to put one together for him but I'm not in the market for another complete lower for myself at the moment.  He'd probably like a pre-NY-AWB version but I'd love to have one for a future build should I never make it out of this state.

ETA if you do decide to sell the PWA and ZW17 doesn't take it please PM or e-mail me with a price.  I'll keep an eye on the EE also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm really considering gifting one to a close friend, and selling the others -

For Slave Staters, do most have a Post lower to swap, or are most straight sales?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I built my M4gery-type Carbine thingy on a TROMIX lower receiver.

Why?

'Cause Tony's shop is about 5 miles from my house and I wanted my AR to have a bit of "local flavor"...besides, they're great lowers!

I'd hang onto your TROMIX lowers and help out someone "behind the lines in occupied territory" with your pre-ban PWA unit.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd hang onto your TROMIX lowers and help out someone "behind the lines in occupied territory" with your pre-ban PWA unit.

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
what? no pics?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
A very Happy Unbirthday to all of you.................and keep the lowers
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've been toying with the idea of offering my Prebans to slave state members, but I've never seen a thread where that has seemed to work out.  

Advice Please>>>>>

I had a deal go very well with a fellow ARFCOM member in NY.  I traded him a preban PWA complete lower for a NIB LMT. I must admit it felt damn good to stick it to those gun grapping bastards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm really considering gifting one to a close friend, and selling the others -

For Slave Staters, do most have a Post lower to swap, or are most straight sales?

I've done 2 money order sales on preban lowers in the last 2 months, most seem to be trades though. I am going to stock up and hook up team members later down the road. Things are NOT looking to get much better here in NY.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top