Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 8:18:34 PM EDT
who is against gun control? who is against abortion? who believes these united states are heading towards a form of government like that of hitlers nazi germany who likes a little rock and roll? visit http://www.methodofcontrol.com

method of control is a band out of california. they are fairly new, but (i feel) they have a great potential to become popular within the music librarys of freedom loving people.

even if you dont care for rock music, go there anyway and see what they promote and renounce.

personally, i feel that music is a tool. when properly used, i truly believe it can be an effective way to counter the force fed media agenda that we are all exposed to in these days.

we are told that music can make kids want to do drugs (remember wood stock?)... we are told that music can inspire kids to murder (remember colombine??)... can music also inspire kids to patriotism and an attitude of freedom? i believe it can. what do you folks think? give me some feed back.

-joe citizen
[%(]  need i say it? FREEDOM!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a band called Pokerface playing some pro-gun music at the SAS thing in D.C. last year.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
yes, poker face is another good one. check them out at http://www.pokerface.com

dk-prof, i can relate to some of what you have said... however...

i remember reading an article from sweden a while back... on skinheads. they interviewed one guy in particular. seems like they asked him about music. at any rate, his reply was that he wasnt very strong in the skinhead mindset until he began listening to more and more of the skinhead bands. he gave them credit for helping him grow closer to the agenda of the skinhead/nationalist movement.

i think music is a tool... it can be used for good or bad. but then again, if the listner is only listening to the beat or guitar, its not going to do any good anyway. not at all to downplay what you have said, only adding to it.

all in all, music is propaganda. media is propaganda. anything and everything is propaganda. some good, some not so good. some down right evil.

moc hasnt changed my life... just given me something that i can relate to in the music scene.

be not tread upon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top