Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 8:16:04 PM EDT
Remember the guy that wanted to change out the heater core on a Tarus car?

Well I told him to forget it because you have to take the dash apart and such!

Well the labor on the job is 500 bucks!!!!!

Well he pretty much said the same thing,well tomorrow I am going to take my ingersol rand air chisel to it and cut into the firewall and change the basturd from the back side!!!!

Sound about right or along the line of gee just me my new dremel and an AR/15?

Bob
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Changing heater cores sucks, regardless of what car its in.

Personally I was looking for a sledgehammer by the time I was done with doing that in my last car.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I found it to be really easy last time I changed one in a car.....after three hours of unbolting shit to figure out where the hell it actually was.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Personally I was looking for a sledgehammer by the time I was done with doing that in my last car.

Its a cakewalk in a 1967-1972 Ford truck.  Personal experience.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1988 F-150 takes about 45 minutes. Cake.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1988 F-150 takes about 45 minutes. Cake.

Try that in a 78 F-150 with A/C Hood,fender liner and much more must come off!!!!

The Tarus car is pretty much a bic lighter throw away car but my mother loves it so ,must do  it!!!

My  chevy 81 is the same twenty minute job!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
OK....so I exaggerate.

But still.....trucks aren't cars
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys ever do one on a 97 Dodge 1500 Ram. Not to hijack, but I saw you were talking about heater cores. Mine went to shit last week, and I probably will need to do it soon. Never done it before. Know anything about it? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My daughter got in a bad wreck in her 93+- Taurus.  An F150 going approx 50 mph hit her broadside with -0- skidmark.  The Taurus went 71 feet sideways @90 degrees from its original direction before it touched the ground again. The trucks frame horns penetrated 42". Luckily it was on the pasenger side and my son didn't ride with her that day.  The car took a severe lick and the driver compartment was not involved. She had a few scratches on her and no broken bones.  The internal brain trauma is what nearly killed her. It aint no racecar and it aint purdy but those little cars can take some abuse.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes I agree when made in 86 this tarus was probably only one of a few no frame midsized cars that could compare with the say lumna chevy size cars that could take a good licking!!

Not like the cars of our days full sized frames and all ,hit my 57 mecury Conv with lincoln turnpike cruser with anything short of an American Lafrance fire truck and you walk away!!!

Glad to hear your daughter was okay!!!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top