Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 6:23:47 PM EDT
Here's a memo from CBS News as posted on Right Thinking from the Left Coast - Jan. 7, 2005

This is to let you know that Donna Dees, whom many of you may remember from her previous stint at CBS News (1987-93), will join our press office next Monday, Jan. 10, as senior press representative responsible for the CBS EVENING NEWS, the CBS EVENING NEWS weekend editions and FACE THE NATION. In the interim, Donna founded and organized the Million Mom March, which took place in May 2000, and served as a communications consultant for CBS for the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, among other projects. She is an exceptionally smart and savvy publicist, and we are very lucky to have her rejoin CBS News.

right-thinking.com/index.php/weblog/see_bs_news/
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
So this is part of their shake up in which they will be "fair and balanced"??
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe they are modifying it to be " fairly unbalanced".
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee, she starts just after the 60 Minutes .50 caliber smear piece too....coincidence?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:35:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see this as a big overall plus for us.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought she was in lockup for shooting a kid.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No, that was one of the "Moms", who spoke at the MMM about her son being shot, and so she was against guns.  She later took a gun and shot some kid who, as it turns out, had nothing to do with her son being shot.

That wasn't Dees, though.

I think Dees will help CBS sink faster, and her loss to the MMM organization will hurt them in a major way, though they have shrunk so far already that they are only relevant because they still manage to get some MSM attention.

-Troy

Good analysis.  CBS has little credibility.  They're nothing more than televised NPR, a botique media outlet for hardcore left-wingers.

Rupert Murdoch probably had a chuckle at this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top