Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 6:04:12 PM EDT
Why are they sponsoring the SHOT Show? I saw there add in my SHOT show packet with my badge and they are a major sponsor with a special lounge at the show to check your auctions. WTF???
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
REALLY????  Then go find those assholes and give them a piece of your mind.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not anti gun.
They are anti litigation.
If you copy and paste a properties jpeg off a commercial site to pimp your auction, your auction will be drooped (etc, etc, etc, etc).
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are not anti gun.
If you copy and paste a properties jpeg off a commercial site to pimp your auction, your auction will be drooped (etc, etc, etc, etc).

Fucking nonsense. They are explicitly anti-firearm in their Auction guidelines - Wired article from 99

So did you not know the details, are are you deliberately choosing to misrepresent their policy?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are not anti gun.

Fucking nonsense. They are explicitly anti-firearm in their Auction guidelines - Wired article from 99

So did you not know the details, are are you deliberately choosing to misrepresent their policy?

But eBay seems to have outgrown that loose, no-questions-asked policy. (Many categories (not just guns)

A company spokesman said there was no single factor that triggered the new ban, but he acknowledged eBay had a hard time monitoring all the listings on its site to weed out illegal items, and thought it would be easier to ban gun sales altogether. (Anti litigation and pro profit (costs  lotsa $ monitoring that site).

All business nuthin personal over there at ebay.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Typical left-wing company.  Want to APPEAR to be one thing, but are, in reality, the opposite.  

Screw egay...  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
eBay is headquartered in California. They have to abide by the stupidity of California gun laws, especially the ones that forbid offering for sale magazines over 10 rounds and assault weapon/full auto gun parts. Bill Lockyer, the commie Attorney General of California would shut eBay down in a heartbeat if it would further his political ambitions. Notice that eBay hasn't stopped trade in most pistol, revolver, rifle, & shotgun stuff that is legal in California.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
They kicked my flash suppressors off.  They did refund all the costs involved with my listing though. Said they couldn't let me list items associated with assualt weapons. . . I have used eBay for a long time and each time I go back to do more bussiness I find the listing fee has went up again!!

It looks to me like they are still making a killing with the 25 cents per listing and a cut of the selling price. So why run the listing fee WAY up?

I have almost quit even looking at stuff on there, much less list anything

Saylors done ranting . . . .
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
All business nuthin personal over there at ebay.

Oh boy...that's rich.

Check their policy on EBR parts, not just upper receivers and >10 rd. mags and the likes, but anything even remotely related to EBR's. I, personally, have had them cancel my auctions for items as innocuous as a rifle case w/external mag pouches. That's not business; it's bias.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top