Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 5:48:04 PM EDT
Dear Applicant,

Your application was processed and approved. You are eligible for $ 400,000 with a 2.4 % rate.

Please verify your information here: http://thailand.gferd.info/azvml

We look forward to hearing from you.

Eliza Kae, Account Manager
Hollison Marketing
3483 Harley Avenue
New Haven, CT 06508

not interested -> http://space.gferd.info/index.php
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Just looks like run of the mill spam to me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Bust them yourself apply for it give them a newly opened PO box number!

See where it goes from there!!!  Open a new credit card with a fifty dollar ballance!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, looks like an identity theft scam. Report it to the FBI.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:46:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I get the ol "Dear Valued PayPal Member" please verify your records....blah blah blah. I forward them to the real paypal all the time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry didn't get back, This was the second message I got. The first one said my Application was being looked at. Since it was for a Donation/loan to Thailand that it will be a low intrest wait the ability for a tax deduction in 2994. Thats if I do it before the end of the month.

I said YEA right and didn't think an thing of it since I donated already and I didn't use E-Mail I didn't think it was connected.

Then when they came back wit it being approved and processed I said what the F*&k....No way to call them just the link to verify or opt-out. Which took me to a different site. The next message says if I don't want to use the whole thing for a donation and some for home improvement or to use after my 911 injury for medical bills it still carries the same low interest.

The one I put on here was the third one sent to me which opens to a totaly different link to optout and it I do the verify link my computer locks up. THE big question is how do they now about my 911 injury and some other things.....This is the first Spam that has hit into Personal info.

I called my Bank to see if ther has been any inquiries or movement and I called my Credit Card's to ask if money or any questions have been asked. The site for the FTC to report fraud was down yesterday. I didn't have a chance today to try, but Monday I am going to check this out a lot closer.

I have been getting lots of BS Spam about donations to places for the Tsunami but I know they are BS. The personal stuff about me sends flares up. Also why no phone # to contact them?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This is directed to anyone worried about SPAM:

Stop THINKING about spam.  No reason to ever think about or consider the crap they send you.  DELETE IT.  Never reply, never click a link, and never "forward it on to your friends."

+1

I don't understand why people even open these things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top