Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 5:19:58 PM EDT
I don't know about the rest of you here but I have a very limited number of clothes. For either cold or warm weather I have about a week's worth of shirts. These shirts are on constant rotation with a few substitutions here and there. Last night when I was out with some honies (really just friends) they started messing with me saying I wore the same shirt last time I was out with them. OK, so they happened to have landed on the shirt's rotation twice, big deal. I explained the whole rotation thing, that I assume every male does, and they just didn't understand how I could possibly where the same shirt within a two week span. So my question is, does everyone else operate in a similar manner or is there some secret I don't know. I thought all women knew about this by now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You can actually wear a shirt until it gets up and runs away after you take it off.

I figure that your friends might be a little gay or something.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can actually wear a shirt until it gets up and runs away after you take it off.

I figure that your friends might be a little gay or something.

The trick is that you wear it until when you take it off it runs to the washing machine on it's own.

Underwear is different. When you take it off, throw it against the wall. If it sticks, peel it off, wear it another few days and then wash it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
We don't keep a closet full of clothes that could supply an average African village... and women do.

They can't understand the concept of washing clothes every other day just to have something to wear.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The great thing about uniform shirts is you can wear the same one all week!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
clothes horse, I can go at least a month and not wear the same shirt, pants, sox and underwear. I blame the employee discount
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't know about the rest of you here but I have a very limited number of clothes. For either cold or warm weather I have about a week's worth of shirts. These shirts are on constant rotation with a few substitutions here and there. Last night when I was out with some honies (really just friends) they started messing with me saying I wore the same shirt last time I was out with them. OK, so they happened to have landed on the shirt's rotation twice, big deal. I explained the whole rotation thing, that I assume every male does, and they just didn't understand how I could possibly where the same shirt within a two week span. So my question is, does everyone else operate in a similar manner or is there some secret I don't know. I thought all women knew about this by now.

Ask them if they ware the same pair of panties in a two week period. Then tell them from now on you'd like to check.  So you can put in an excel spread sheet.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have enough cloths but dont wear them. Just my current favorites I rarley go a week with out wearin the same stuff twice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask them if they ware the same pair of panties in a two week period. Then tell them from now on you'd like to check.  So you can put in an excel spread sheet.

Sorry, all I caught was panties, spread, and sheet....
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
usally just dig through the pile and pick out my cleanest dirty shirt.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
What this all boils down to is that they are paying attention to you and making mental notes. It can't be all bad.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]
i too used to have a laundry pile, taking from the bottom after a sufficient composting time.  i would probably still use that system but my wife is a laundry fanatic thank god. i do however re-wear the occasional shirt or jeans if they had limited wear time and i managed not to spill anything on them.  i've never met a guy who didn't.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I only have one set of clothes. I just jump in the hot tub once a day with a little dish soap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ask them if they want to keep track of your undies too.

Tell then you were just checking to see if they knew what you wore last time.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
If you sleep in the shirt you wore that day then it should be perfectly acceptable to wear the next day considering you never had it off in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]
As long as you are clean, you should be good to go. Did you see days of thunder? The pretty boy always wore the same white shirt.

Now for the real world. I used to teach my sales reps to budget money every month for clothes. They should buy something once a month, shirt, tie slacks suit, or all. That way the new stuff rotaed in and the worn out. hey always kept looking fresh.

Buy yourself something new once a month and waht you talked about wont ever happen again.

Dress for success. It really works.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Over the years and years, I have collected many Harley Davidson t-shirts. I only wear Harley shirts, except for work.  I do have favorites and wear them until they fall apart (from washing and wearing).  

I only have four pairs of LEE blue jeans (that fit).  I rotate them.  My wife won't let me wear dirty cloths.  It's a woman thing and it's good.  I would probably wear the same cloths until I offended people.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I forgot once I bought 12 sets of shorts.

Being a clown of sorts, I took a Magic Marker and across the seat of each pair I labeled them Jan, Feb,March, etc.

I remember the time Mrs Pic gave me holy hell one July morning when she saw te pair marked 'February' on them.

I think she bought me 12 sets and replaced them because I haven't seen them in quite a while.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a 2 week rotation of clean t-shirts and jeans. I pull a clean set out of the basket, wear it, throw it in the dirty basket. Wash when out of clean clothes. Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm the same way, I have enough shirts and pants to make it through the week, just barely.  Then I'll occasionally get a new shirt to wear and spice it up a bit, lol...  It's just because I'm a poor cheap bastard though, and clothes aren't too high on my list of stuff to buy until I absolutely have to...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Last night when I was out with some honies .

What is a "honie"????

I wear the same shirt all week, since most of the time I'm in shorts and  t-shirt at home, or a suit when on business.

Consequently, my casual out of the house clothes don't get that much actual time in a week.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What this all boils down to is that they are paying attention to you and making mental notes. It can't be all bad.

Bob

Unless they are men, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I rotate thru about a week and a half of clothes. Women have so much that they acn go months (in some cases with out wearing the same thing)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I keep it simple. I wear white Calvin Klein v-neck t-shirts every day. It is all I ever wear. So every time you see me it is the same thing and you can't tell if I had it on for a day, a week or a month.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

spray a little Frebreeze on it and she's good to go!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#27]
It's the undergarments that need to be changed daily ,you don't wash your jacket everyday do you?

Same as layered upper garments wash as needed!!!

Works for me!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I have about 2 weeks of shirts, about a weeks worth of shorts if I wore one a day.  I usualy wear my shorts for 3 days or so then change.  I wash cloths when I run out of some thing.  Right now thats socks I only have 6 pairs.  As for the choice of what I wear .... What ever order they got put into the the closet is the same order they come out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

Unless they are men, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!    

Bob
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Which is why we now provide uniforms and a cleaning service, because some of our guys actually did that!z
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I have about 2 weeks of shirts, about a weeks worth of shorts if I wore one a day.  I usualy wear my shorts for 3 days or so then change.  I wash cloths when I run out of some thing.  Right now thats socks I only have 6 pairs.  As for the choice of what I wear .... What ever order they got put into the the closet is the same order they come out.

I know you are kidding about the shorts dude!   I have twenty pair of the green nylon soffe and nine pairs of the boxer brown briefs!!!

Thats one thing that can get changed as needed!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I have about a 2-3 week supply of boxers and T-Shirts just because I am really paranoid about having to wear those more than one day without washing. For everything else its a one week supply with a few reserves in the rotation just in case and a couple of sets of "nice" clothes for days when it actually matters. Shirts get replaced as they wear out or if I happen to find a really good sale that allows me to stock up a bit. I couldnt wear a different shirt everyday for two weeks if i tried, this is why I do laundry once a week. Any guy that can go multiple weeks without wearing the same shirt twice has a problem.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a walk in closet worth of clothes and even changing shirts every day, I can go months w/o doing laundry.

My wife hates it because she has to do laundry every week.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Jeans=1 weeks worth only being worn once.
Socks & underwear=2 weeks or so.  Both are something that has to be changed daily.  
Shirts...never really counted them up.  I have a ton of black rock&roll "concert" shirts.  Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Danzig, Devo, Dead or Alive, Reverend Horton Heat, Type O Negative, Johnny Cash, Garth Brooks....etc.  
Some that get put thru the shirt rotation & some that only get worn on special occasions ("inappropriate" for work & whatnot.  The Black Sabbath "Born Again" demon baby or Type O Negative "Love It To Death" lesbian succubi shirts come to mind...).  
Even in the non "black rock & roll shirt" category I have at least 2 weeks worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top