Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 4:11:32 PM EDT
That is what the doctor said to me.

I had eye surgery on my right eye to replace a dislocated lens implant from 21 years ago.

Eye drops and pills every two hours around the clock.  I have some inflammation and high eye pressure and have to get this under control.

Obviously no guns because of recoil and weight restrictions along with sight picture.

No beer because it slows the healing process

No Sex cause you'll go blind with ANY type of stress or straining.

The doctor wasn't able to remove anymore than 3 stitches until later.

A few weeks before getting different glasses then 3-6 month for prescription to settle in.

The operation was suppose to take 30-40 minutes and it took 2-1/2 hours while I was awake and moving my eye while he operated.

FUN,FUN,FUN

It has been 2 and half weeeks of fun since the operation.

This is my tenth eye operation over the last 21 years.

So I guess I'll just watch the History Channel until I heal.

Yeah and I am expected back at work ready to go Monday

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Your doctor is a quack.

I agree that you shouldn't be out there firing 10,000 rounds of ammo with a scoped M700 (or whatever).

But, sorry, "NO" on everything except beer (beer and meds do not mix) is just stupid. And, the "no sex" thing is just downright lies.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
hahahah sucks for you

have fun
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
... may as well kill yourself immediately
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, he didn't mention BJ's....but Clinton messed that up for us.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So I guess I'll just watch the History Channel until I heal.

But no "Tales of the Gun" or war movies.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]

No Guns, No Beer, and No Sex!

Congrats on the new bride!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
My sympathy.

Any chance of long term blindness?

Is this something weed can solve?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Congrats on the new bride!

Woody
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably no eggs benedict either, huh?

Old joke...two things you will never get again after you are married...a BJ and eggs benedict!

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your doctor is a quack.

I agree that you shouldn't be out there firing 10,000 rounds of ammo with a scoped M700 (or whatever).

But, sorry, "NO" on everything except beer (beer and meds do not mix) is just stupid. And, the "no sex" thing is just downright lies.

And your expertise in this subject matter comes from ??

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#11]

And, the "no sex" thing is just downright lies.

And what happends to his eye as it rolls back in his head from an orgasm. I'll betcha it's a bitch when you sneeze.

Tough choice No bang, booze, boom boom or no eye.  How long is this supposed to last for?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Be careful in the crapper you can strane your eyes on the throne too
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And, the "no sex" thing is just downright lies.

And what happends to his eye as it rolls back in his head from an orgasm. I'll betcha it's a bitch when you sneeze.

Tough choice No bang, booze, boom boom or no eye.  How long is this supposed to last for?

When they operated on the eye 11 years ago it is very weak and any straining caused the eye to hemmorage and then after the eye hemmoraged it detached the retina and I was blind.  I have been blinded temporarily 3 times in my life and each time they operate on my eyes I am at avery high risk vs someone else that may not have any problems.

Obviously as everything improves then there will be incrmental changes of the things that I will be able to do.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
how about handball?

can you play that?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your doctor is a quack.

And your expertise in this subject matter comes from ??

Seeing equally stupid doctors.

I've had two surgeries. I've met my fair share of idiots that got a PHD.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Be careful in the crapper you can strane your eyes on the throne too

Yes exactly and the codeine that I take can cause constipation but my excess water reducer and anti-biotics gives you diarrhea.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Sounds like you have all the Stress you can take for the moment anyway. Good Luck your in our Prayers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top