Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 3:22:00 PM EDT
the chic admits to killing her babies via drowning.some idiot says he saw a tv show relating to it.the tv show he claims to have seen does not exist.she gets a retrial and all of the costs,efforts associated with it.how did common sense become extinct?it does not make sense.i know that the majority of people realize that this is dumb,yet this shit is happening society-wide.i dont get it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the chic admits to killing her babies via drowning.some idiot says he saw a tv show relating to it.the tv show he claims to have seen does not exist.she gets a retrial and all of the costs,efforts associated with it.how did common sense become extinct?it does not make sense.i know that the majority of people realize that this is dumb,yet this shit is happening society-wide.i dont get it.

I'm pretty sure perjury is a crime.

The idiot was testifying that Yates may have gotten the idea for the drowning-defense from a "Law and Order" episode that didn't exsist.

The fact that someone was convicted, perhaps partially on testimony that was made up is a serious matter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Look, IMHO, Yates was and is nuts.  She belongs in a mental hospital for the rest of her life.  

Not in prison.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Look, IMHO, Yates was and is nuts.  She belongs in a mental hospital for the rest of her life.  

Not in prison.

No. She suffers from a mineral deficiency. A 230 grain injection straight into her skull should help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Put her in the grave for the rest of her life.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Mental or not, she needs to be shot.  No quarter for child killers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
My first reaction to this new story was "Someone should have just shanked her ass".

I'm not proud of it, but it's the truth.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not in prison.

She can't possibly be cured of her problem, so why bother with a hospital? The best we can do is keep her out of the population and not breeding for the rest of her life and prison is much cheaper than hositals. There is VERY limited space in state-run mental health faciliities that are equipped to deal with the criminally insane. Save space in them for people that might actually be helped in some way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
....how did common sense become extinct?it does not make sense.i know that the majority of people realize that this is dumb,yet this shit is happening society-wide.i dont get it.

Welcome to the "Modern American Society"........

You're not guilty of anything unless government (Feds, Judges, Politicians) say you are!
"Law" don't mean shit!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Dupe The original Andrea Yates thread is here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=311315
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top