Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#1]
"I think it's a great thing on the battlefield," says one of the weapon's chief critics, Tom Diaz of the Violence Policy Center in Washington, D.C.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"I think it's a great thing on the battlefield," says one of the weapon's chief critics, Tom Diaz of the Violence Policy Center in Washington, D.C.

Obviously, an expert.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I tend to believe, based on Spain, the terrorists prefer bombs
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Great! let's issue this guy one and ship him out to the battlefield - have a great trip!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
dupe... but a good warning dupe

I guess the other thread is the dupe... you beat him by 4 minutes

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=311684
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great! let's issue this guy one and ship him out to the battlefield - have a great trip!

I'll buy his ticket.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#7]

"No one in the U.S. government knows who has these guns," he says.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

And planes loaded full of fuel...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well shit, let's just outlaw bombs!!!....oh, wait...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#10]

As for terrorism, Barrett says, "Any rifle in the hands of a terrorist is a deadly weapon."

Good comeback.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Man I get so tired of  listening to this same Crap!!!

I was thinking today. Why don't we  have a 10 waiting period when we buy car? You know today, someone can walk into a dealership and buy a car. They can then drive right off and commit road rage!!  
Man this is just begging to happen! Why can't we do something about this before this happens. If we could just save one life it would be worth it....????

Hey bathroom free now. I think I'll go and puke!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Mine is not a dupe, it's a fire mission!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well shit, let's just outlaw bombs!!!....oh, wait...

And pilots!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Its a dam good thing repblicans control the senate and congress, because the dems would surely cram this down our throats.  

I wish these people would stop it or I will have to go out and buy one real quick.  Dam I need a new concrete driveway first.  Oh well priorities.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#15]
as I said in the 60 minutes thread
no good will come from that episode
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#16]
*sigh*

[panicvoice] YOU MEAN NOBODY KNOWS?!?!  BUT, BUT...  HOW ARE WE...  WHAT IF THEY...  [/panicvoice]

Makes me want to puke.  Fearmongers (60 minutes and the Brady Bunch)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#17]
's,  one and all...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#18]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

In that case, i'll re-post my comments here

Expect...

Demonstration of .50 blowing apart cinder blocks and/or piercing light armor.

Film clips of .50 cal being used by troops in Iraq.

Pictures of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians (voice over that they had 2 .50 cals at Waco).

Photo copy (camera zoom), of "Al Quida training manual" and mention of instructions of how easy it is to obtain firearms in the USA.

Mention of the wide availability of AP/incendiary and RUFUS, rounds over the internet or at gun shows.

File footage of militia types in camoflauge, praising the effectivness of the .50 cal.

Close-up picture to any (or all), of VPC reports "Sitting Ducks Details 50 Caliber Sniper Rifle Terrorist Threat to Refinery and Hazardous-Chemical Facilities", "Just Like Bird Hunting"—The Threat to Civil Aviation from 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles", "Voting From the Rooftops: How the Gun Industry Armed Osama bin Laden, Other Foreign and Domestic Terrorists, and Common Criminals With 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles"

Computer generated footage of .50 cal knocking down a weather sattellite  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Personally, I think that the civilian HUMMER is a bigger threat.  It'll go over almost anything and, with its load capacity, it just begs a suicide bomber to load it up with explosives.  With the ability to drive over or through many obstacles that keep vehicles away, the body count should be high when it goes off.  Compare that to the low count of a single shot .50.  No mistaking that the HUMMER was designed expressly for the military.  No civilian should have access to one!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe we need a 10 day waiting period on Hummers.... Maybe we should run  background checks  on  Hummer owners???????????   I'm for a all out band of Hummers with on board tv's. Driving and watching 60 minutes can provoke road rage!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In that case, i'll re-post my comments here

Expect...

Demonstration of .50 blowing apart cinder blocks and/or piercing light armor.

Film clips of .50 cal being used by troops in Iraq.

Pictures of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians (voice over that they had 2 .50 cals at Waco).

Photo copy (camera zoom), of "Al Quida training manual" and mention of instructions of how easy it is to obtain firearms in the USA.

Mention of the wide availability of AP/incendiary and RUFUS, rounds over the internet or at gun shows.

File footage of militia types in camoflauge, praising the effectivness of the .50 cal.

Close-up picture to any (or all), of VPC reports "Sitting Ducks Details 50 Caliber Sniper Rifle Terrorist Threat to Refinery and Hazardous-Chemical Facilities", "Just Like Bird Hunting"—The Threat to Civil Aviation from 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles", "Voting From the Rooftops: How the Gun Industry Armed Osama bin Laden, Other Foreign and Domestic Terrorists, and Common Criminals With 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles"

Computer generated footage of .50 cal knocking down a weather sattellite  

That pretty much covers it!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously, an expert.

Obviously an objective one, too.  So much for unbiased reporting.

Guess we better ban Corvettes, and Ferraris, and Porsches.  They're great on the race track but have no place in our slower-paced society.

What about Hummers?  They're great off-road but have no place in a city.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
*sigh*

[panicvoice] YOU MEAN NOBODY KNOWS?!?!  BUT, BUT...  HOW ARE WE...  WHAT IF THEY...  [/panicvoice]

Makes me want to puke.  Fearmongers (60 minutes and the Brady Bunch)

If everyone had guns then we'd know who has guns... EVERYONE!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#25]
The biggest tool in this thread is Diaz.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Diaz is hoping Congress will pass a law requiring that the names of owners of .50-caliber rifles be kept on file

.... If I had ten grand on me right now, I'd get me a semi-auto Barrett just to piss these bastards off. Texas doesn't require me to register, so good luck getting me to. Oh, what's that? You want to come to my house, barge in, and demand to see my guns?

*insert sounds of rigging claymores, toepoppers, and motion-triggered cameras and floodlights*
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#27]
They lost on the AWB, so .50 BMG's are their Bad Boy du Jour.  And easy pickings, due to the low number of .50 owners.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
They lost on the AWB, so .50 BMG's are their Bad Boy du Jour.  And easy pickings, due to the low number of .50 owners.

Exactly! It was predicted this would happen.  The antis have their feathers ruffled because the AWB sunsetted and there's a very good chance the gun manufacturers immunity bill will finally pass this legislative session.

"What is best in life?

"To crush the gun-grabbers, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of Sarah Brady!

Add in the recent Justice Departments opinion that the 2nd Amendment does apply to individuals and it's no wonder that the gun-grabbers are frustrated. They know that at the federal level there's little to no chance of any gun control legislation passing.  Now they're getting more active at the local and State level: a number of States legislatures are proposing their own AWB's, Chicago and NYC trying to impose changes in the law that make it easier for citizens to sue manufacturers, the San Francisco gun ban, etc.

Fuck'em all... I hope they choke on their own vomit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice how they let the gun grabber get in the last word. But in all accuality its a great comment and it should remain that way. Suddenly I really want a Barrett.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#30]
FUCK THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder if the  "Al Quida training manual" mentions  instructions of how easy it is to get into congress. Become a ASSHAT, and feed shit to the American people about banning firearms in this county.  This would make us all sitting  ducks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#32]
??????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I think I see a McMillan Tac 50 in my future Fuck the bastards!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Now I don't watch 60 Minutes, so could someone educate me on how many stories they have done on border security?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top