Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 7:19:50 AM EDT
"Some nutcase opend fire in a foster care facility"

"I'm surprised he had any bullets left"

"Someone should have told me this was gun day"

And some people were wondering why they don't have gun commercials on major TV networks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much every episode of ER is anti-gun.  There was an episode where a married couple were on the way to a "gunshow" where they were selling bloop guns.  The clerk said he wished it really worked and the woman selling it said "you can get a kit for 50 bucks..."  They make anyone who supports gun rights look like redneck morons.  Oh, and the clerk proceeded to blow up the ambulance bay because the gun was loaded and working.  Uh-huh.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#2]
"Anti-gun episode of ER ..."?

You mean there's another kind?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Ho-hum.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
"What's he shooting with?"

"Semi automatic pistol with a 13 round clip"

"He could have picked it up at Kmart on the way over there"

"You can't kill 6 people with a chinese throwing star"

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"You can't kill 6 people with a chinese throwing star"

You can if you're a totally sweet ninja! People will be totally crapping their pants.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Michael Crichton, one of the exec producers got his home broken into by burglars a year or 2 ago. I guess that hasn't phased him much regarding guns.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#7]
No way. Not an antigun ER episode. Next you'll be trying to tell us you saw an antigun Judging Amy or Law and Order episode.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The whole episode, the guy who shot up the foster care center went all over town shooting people up. Then the cop runs into the ER...

"We got him! He shot 3 more people going into an apartment building, some CIVILIAN packin' a 9mm took him out"

Well I'll be damned!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The whole episode, the guy who shot up the foster care center went all over town shooting people up. Then the cop runs into the ER...

"We got him! He shot 3 more people going into an apartment building, some CIVILIAN packin' a 9mm took him out"

Well I'll be damned!

Well I'll be double damned!  Maybe some editor stuck it into the script to piss off the writer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well I'll be damned!

In Chicago?!!?!  

w00t! Score one for the good guys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]
What the hell is a "BLOOP" gun?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What the hell is a "BLOOP" gun?

The M79 and M203 grenade launchers are typically referred to as bloop guns or bloopers because of the noise they make when fired.

I don't know if that's specifically what they were talking about in ER though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#13]

You can if you're a totally sweet ninja! People will be totally crapping their pants.

REAL ULTIMATE POWER!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Chicks love guys with skills,

bowhunting skills,

nunchuck skills,

hacking skills,

sheeeesh!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#15]
By "bloop" gun, they probably mean deactivated, hence the "$50 kit" to get it working again.

Yeah. Right.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]
There was an episode where Dr. Greene got his ass kicked in the bathroom in the ER, get laid up for a while, then buys a gun for protection.

He ends up throwing it in the river after realizing it's wrong to have a gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
No way. Not an antigun ER episode. Next you'll be trying to tell us you saw an antigun Judging Amy or Law and Order episode.

I can understand anti-gun Law & Order episodes, as it takes place in New York City.  That would be a technically accurate portrayal of NYC police and prosecutors.  I don't watch Judging Amy or ER, and I RARELY watch Law & Order.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can understand anti-gun Law & Order episodes, as it takes place in New York City.  That would be a technically accurate portrayal of NYC police and prosecutors.  I don't watch Judging Amy or ER, and I RARELY watch Law & Order.

You aren't missing much. I used to watch the entire TNT daytime lineup, simply because it was the only thing worth watching. You would be hard pressed to find a show on their that isn't blatently liberal. Not surprising, considering who owns TNT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top