Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/6/2005 10:51:03 PM EDT
My buddy in the Navy has one, and I shot it, and it was great. I fell in love with it.
Now, I love my USP .45F, but 9mm is cheap to practice, 92 shoots great, Beretta is pro gun people, used in Boondock Saints, etc.

Hell, HK hates us anyway, right?

Am...am I a bad person now?

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep your USP or if you're not comfortable with it, get a 1911.  Save your money and purchase a 92FS.  They are fine weapons.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
keep the HK.

and get the beretta.

i remember my first trip to a public range. rented a 92fs and loved it.
been wanting to buy one since but always get sidetracked by ammo, mags, and new AR projects.

in other words. never sell. just aquire more.

you wont regret it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll buy your USP for $100 and you'll be on your way to that new Beretta!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
what did you do in New Orleans?

must not be bad since you can still own a gun......or are you buying the beretta out of some guys trunk?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you should quit fooling yourself and get a 1911
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
If your happier with it get it.  Keep or sell the USP, if you like it still keep it, if not sell it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

must not be bad since you can still own a gun remember it......or are you buying the beretta out of some guys trunk?

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
keep the HK.

and get the beretta.

in other words. never sell. just aquire more.

you wont regret it.

a HUGE +1 on that statement.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If I, and some other folks, were better people and a better friend to somebody, one of us, including myself, would've said to her in that bar "No! Don't take your top off and get up by that poll! Your boyfriend will be mad!"

But we didn't. So we're bad people. Sorta.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I like 9mm but still don't like the trade.  I would shoot all the major 9mm builders before jumping over.  It may be the cartridge that you like and not the gun. IMHO the only thing going for the Beretta is the sharp looking open top slide and thats a pitiful reason to choose a weapon.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I like 9mm but still don't like the trade.  I would shoot all the major 9mm builders before jumping over.  It may be the cartridge that you like and not the gun. IMHO the only thing going for the Beretta is the sharp looking open top slide and thats a pitiful reason to choose a weapon.  

If thats the case save the $$$ and get the Taurus. Plus I like the placement of the safety lever on the Taurus better than the Beretta.

BERETTA:

TAURUS:

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#13]
You will go to sleep crying every night if you trade that HK for a Beretta.  

You may even end up shooting yourself with the Beretta if you make that trade, you'll be so depressed.  

HK is on a whole nuther level than Beretta.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
If you love the 92. Go for it! I did.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Which 92, I know where there is a LNIB 92G
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#17]
dont do it...
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Berettas are why we're going to have to pull out of Iraq....

They also cause AIDS!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#19]
sold my beretta and bought a glock. I've been regretting it ever since. Beretta is still number 1 on my list even with my glock. Saving up some money to buy a USP next then i'm going to buy another beretta. Stainless this time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:15:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
sold my beretta and bought a glock. I've been regretting it ever since. Beretta is still number 1 on my list even with my glock. Saving up some money to buy a USP next then i'm going to buy another beretta. Stainless this time.

Not to rub it in, but I'm glad you did sell it! I am thoroughly enjoying your 92, and I thank you for keeping it in such great shape!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't do it. I sold my USP .45 a while back for a Walther P99, and wound up going back to the USP (not that the Walther was bad), only this time I went with the Tactical model.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I would.  You wouldn't have asked the question if you didn't already know deep inside that you WANT the Beretta.  Its a great pistol.  Yeah, its a little big and heavy for a 9mm, but the USP is kinda blocky too.  The Beretta is accurate and reliable if maintained.  Just always use factory mags.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to rub it in, but I'm glad you did sell it! I am thoroughly enjoying your 92, and I thank you for keeping it in such great shape!

my pleasure. I hope it has a good home. I plan on buying another though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I just got a 92FS for christmas and love it. But I agree, save and buy, dont sell.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#25]
My border marshal is one fine weapon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Actually shooting a Beretta usually has that effect.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#27]
If both fit your hand great keep the HK and buy a Beretta.  Use whatever fits your hand.  Both are great guns.  If you want a trigger job on the Beretta send it to Ernest Langdon www.langdontactical.com He's a Master Class IDPA shooter and former Marine and has forgotten more about Berettas than most of us will ever know.  Ernest used a SIG 220ST to beat Rob Leatham in IDPA (shooting a 1911) in 2003.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
My buddy in the Navy has one, and I shot it, and it was great. I fell in love with it.
Now, I love my USP .45F, but 9mm is cheap to practice, 92 shoots great, Beretta is pro gun people, used in Boondock Saints, etc.

Hell, HK hates us anyway, right?

Am...am I a bad person now?

Shoot a baby eagle before you make up your mind on the beretta, I like the baby eagle better.

Now if you still want a Beretta i got one I'd trade ya for that USP. I don't really shoot it at all anyway since the baby eagle is so much sweeter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They also cause AIDS!

That's not a joke, Berettas suck that bad.  They are the choice firearm of all killer clowns.

Seriously, I hate Beretta, but I hate HK too.

Buy a Sig.  Or Springfield.  Or Glock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a 92 and love it for a knock around pistol. Accurate as hell. But I carry a SA 1911.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Beretta is a good gun.....But do not sell your HK USP.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#32]
If you must have a Beretta then save and buy, don't sell and buy. A buddy of mine once said to me, "You'll never have a collection if you trade or sell your guns". That was just after he said " Are still gonna sell me that Mossberg Mariner?". I ended up selling it to him. Buy 1911, Mags are cheaper and you can never have too many .45's
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#33]
While the Beretta is nice (I have a 92FS), it is no USP (I have them in .45 and a 9mm). I bought the Beretta first because I didn't know any better. Yes it's a well made pistol but I would not want it to be my only 9mm   just for the simple fact that I can't (at least not easily) put night sights on it. I also don't like being stuck with just a decocker. At this point, my 92FS is used exclusively for shooting .22LR (w/a Ceiner conversion kit). Now if I could just get a .22LR kit for my USPs.

I bought the USP .45 because everyone should have a .45 pistol, right? I bought the USP 9mm so I could save some money on ammo and still get used to the USP's trigger, controls and general feel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#34]
The 92 is too big for my hands, but I own one anyway because it is what I carried for a year as a MP on LE duty. I dont like shooting it as much as my ruger P89 with rubber replacement grips.

My friend, with the same size hands, loves the 92 and shoots it really well.

If it feels good do it. Just stay away from checkmate mags and check the locking block every 500 rounds or so.

Look into wolf 9mm (poly) and see if the gun likes it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
While the Beretta is nice (I have a 92FS), it is no USP (I have them in .45 and a 9mm). I bought the Beretta first because I didn't know any better. Yes it's a well made pistol but I would not want it to be my only 9mm   just for the simple fact that I can't (at least not easily) put night sights on it. I also don't like being stuck with just a decocker.At this point, my 92FS is used exclusively for shooting .22LR (w/a Ceiner conversion kit). Now if I could just get a .22LR kit for my USPs.

I bought the USP .45 because everyone should have a .45 pistol, right? I bought the USP 9mm so I could save some money on ammo and still get used to the USP's trigger, controls and general feel.

The Brigadier and Vertec models have front and rear dovetailed sights (this includes the Border Marshal, Elite, EliteII, & SD).

The decocker only modesl are the Gs, this includes the Elite and Elite II.  An FS model the safety is a dockcer also.  On a G model the deocker after decocking springs back up just like on a SIG.  I prefer a G because I don't like that if you sling shot the slide on an FS the safety could drop decocking and making the gun not fire.  I prefer the SIG type manual of arms.  SIGs and Berettas are my favorite to types of pistols.

My EL 220ST is more accurate than any USP or MK23 I've ever fired.  It's more accurate than my old Quantico/RTE shop built 1911 that had a Bar-Sto barrel.  There's a reason why Ernest Langdon didn't bother changing his barrel on his competition 220ST to a Bar-Sto for IDPA.

It's the top one in this pic.

Here's Ernest Langdon at the Shot Show holding his creation.

You can see the front dovetailed sight in this pic of my hardchromed Beretta 92G Elite.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#37]
One day a bunch of guys at Beretta were standing around comparing their 9x series to SIGs and they said "hey, our design sucks" and went on to invent the 8000 series. Get an 8000 series gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The Brigadier and Vertec models have front and rear dovetailed sights (this includes the Border Marshal, Elite, EliteII, & SD).

Correct but that doesn't do squat for me since I have the 92FS and I don't see the point on the swapping out the slide. I almost traded in my 92FS for a Vertec but didn't see the point.

The decocker only modesl are the Gs, this includes the Elite and EliteII.  An FS model the safety is a dockcer also.  On a G model the deocker after decocking springs back up just like on a SIG.  I prefer a G because I don't like that if you sling shot the slide on an FS the safety could drop decocking and making the gun not fire.  I prefer the SIG type manual of arms.  SIGs and Berettas are my favorite to types of pistols.

Both my USPs are set up with Variant 9 - Safety only, No decocker. I have no need for a decocker myself so being able to set up my USPs like this is great. It was cheap to do and I was able to do it myself in about 5 minutes.

I also like having the built in rail for mount a light or laser as well. Beretta makes a nice gun but the 92FS seems a bit dated compared to some of the new stuff they're offering.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#39]
I like the Berettas alot too. I don't much approve of selling or trading guns, but the Mini-14 and a USP Compact are the only 2 that I never missed. The major issues in Iraq with the M-9s seem to be bad aftermarket magazines, coupled with guns that have been beat to shit for decades.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Surely you jest!

I'm thinking of trading my Land Cruiser in for a Yugo.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I also don't like being stuck with just a decocker.

Your FS has a decocker and a safety.  From your quote it seemed like you assumed all Berettas had only decockers (G models), from what you said you should be happy with an FS.

Quoted:
I also like having the built in rail for mount a light or laser as well.

Vertec Berettas have rails too.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Get what ya like .  HK USP is my choice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I also don't like being stuck with just a decocker.

Your FS has a decocker and a safety.  From your quote it seemed like you assumed all Berettas had only decockers (G models), from what you said you should be happy with an FS.

I should have been more explicit. I want a safety but find a decocker to be unnecessary and a liability. I shoot my USPs in SA 99.9% of the time. I work with them in Condition 1 so a decocker will only lead me to DA which I don't want.

Quoted:
I also like having the built in rail for mount a light or laser as well.

Vertec Berettas have rails too.  
products.berettausa.com/images/92FS_Vertec_S.jpg
products.berettausa.com/images/M92FS_Vertec_Inox_S.jpg

Roger that on the rails but again, just speaking for myself, I'm not in a hurry to trade my 92FS for a Vertec.

Again, I think Beretta make a nice gun. I was trying to relate my experience with the 92FS and the USPs.  Buy what feels comfortable and works for you.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#44]

I don't care what they say. I have a 92 and a 96. If you like that 92, you'll love the 96.

They fit very well in your hand, are accurate and I haven't had a lick of problem either of them. I take care of my guns though.

You can keep the HK, I'll stick with Berretta. MADE IN AMERICA!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

So the Beretta M9 is the M16 of Vietnam huh? Pull out  because of a pistol.

Lumpy, you crack me up!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Doooooo Iiiiiiiiiiit
You won't be sorry.  Beretta is a fine piece.  All the bad press you hear about them is bunk; albeit based on problems resulting from poor quality mags the military bought.  I never had a problem as long as I had Beretta factory mags.

If money is a factor, and you decide your really want the Beretta, trade.  You can always get another USP later on down the road when you've got more cash to blow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Another +1 for Beretta.

Don't believe the BS about slide mounted controls, trigger bars moving, etc.

If my 92FS were a little lighter it would still be my carry gun and I wouldn't have bought a Sig.

Great feeling, handling, accurate and reliable weapon. This time of the year I DO still carry it on occasion. (15+1 vs 7+1 for the Sig)

One of my shooting buddies has a Taurus and though it shoots decently, even HE admits that "It just doesn't feel as smooth and solid as the Beretta".

As to whether or not you get rid of the USP, well, I fall into the "never sell or trade a gun" category, even though I've never shot an HK.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#48]

No.  Keep the USP and save up for a new/used Beretta.  There are always folks who buy them and hate them, but barely shot it.

FWIW.....

After getting rid of my "cajun" 92FS awhile ago, I just scored a Langdon prepped 92 Elite II.  Whoa sweet trigger....
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#49]
I am learning that handguns are VERY much a matter of individual preference.  

Some handguns I simply cannot shoot very well.  Others feel natural.  

Buy and carry whatever is high quality and you shoot well.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Another +1 for Beretta.

Don't believe the BS about slide mounted controls, trigger bars moving, etc.

If my 92FS were a little lighter it would still be my carry gun and I wouldn't have bought a Sig.

Great feeling, handling, accurate and reliable weapon.

+1 - most of the negative comments about 92's come from guys who either have never even shot one (or assholes as they are more commonly known) or have only shot a seriously abused (ie G.I. M9 that has had about 20 owners and has been used as a e-tool). As for the trade, the best gun is the one that you like best. If you can afford to have both, keep the H&K and buy the Beretta. If not, trade for the Beretta since you like it better.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top