Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2005 12:00:06 PM EDT
W wants some guy named Alberto Gonzales to be the Attorney General of the U.S. Who is Alberto Gonzales, and what is his stance on the 2nd amendment? Should he be appointed? Poll comeing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The highest ranking LE officer in the US should not be an illegal immigrant. (he was born in Cuba)
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The highest ranking LE officer in the US should not be an illegal immigrant. (he was born in Cuba)

Cubans who safely reach American Shores are automatically granted amnesty. He therefore is not an illegal immigrant, but a TRUE immigrant who fled communist oppression in search of a new life in America.

He's got my support!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
i havent heard his stance on 2a,but based on his views that i have heard,i would say he will be our friend.i like him from what i know of him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cubans who safely reach American Shores are automatically granted amnesty. He therefore is not an illegal immigrant...

Did he immigrate here legally, obeying the laws of both his homeland and the country he wished to immigrate to?  No, so he's an illegal immigrant. it will be great having a AG who has no respect for the idea of international borders or the rule of law.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, we all came from immigrants, unless you are 100% native american (indian). Your back woods thinking is the problem, admitting your a biggot and a racist would be the first step to inner peace!

Quoted:

Once again you got it all wrong. The first true American escaped the British ruling because of oppression. Cuban's are oppressed, ergo they have the right as human beings to escape that oppression....wouldn't you want to leave tyranny?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
lmao. this is amusing. it's funny how everyone barks about how everyone is so bad because they dont obey the law, but once one comes along that can serve our conservative purposes everyone all of the sudden is "oh well that's ok, we'll just overlook that" then the next day someone is barking about how someone from the liberal side is supporting a criminal. if he is illegal then the vote is NAY
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Did he immigrate here legally, obeying the laws of both his homeland and the country he wished to immigrate to? No, so he's an illegal immigrant. it will be great having a AG who has no respect for the idea of international borders or the rule of law.

I'll bet you'd like to deport all the people who risked their lives escaping from East Germany, too.  I mean what the hell - didn't they have any respect for the rule of law?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cubans who safely reach American Shores are automatically granted amnesty. He therefore is not an illegal immigrant...

Did he immigrate here legally, obeying the laws of both his homeland and the country he wished to immigrate to?  No, so he's an illegal immigrant. it will be great having a AG who has no respect for the idea of international borders or the rule of law.

He did obey the US laws regarding immigration of Cubans to the United States (according to Federal Law if they make it, then they get to stay). He probably broke Cuba's immigration laws, but that is because Cuba is a totalitarian communist state and an enemy of the United States.

As far as respecting borders goes, take that up with President Bush. He's the one rolling out the red carpet across the Rio Grande!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
lmao. this is amusing. it's funny how everyone barks about how everyone is so bad because they dont obey the law, but once one comes along that can serve our conservative purposes everyone all of the sudden is "oh well that's ok, we'll just overlook that" then the next day someone is barking about how someone from the liberal side is supporting a criminal. if he is illegal then the vote is NAY

prior to right now,i have heard nothing of his being illegal.if he is a cuban refugee,i would have no problem.that is entirely different than an illegal from a non-communist country.you never hear me "barking" about someone breaking the law anyway.i think there are alot of stupid-assed laws.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know enough to make an educated decision (not that I've ever let that stop me). Depends on his veiw of first and foremost the 2nd Amendment, but also the rest and the Consitution. If he has the best position on it as far as we are concerned then he should be good.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Dude, we all came from immigrants, unless you are 100% native american (indian).

Nice try.  Check your history/anthropology.  "Native Americans," i.e., Indians are believed to have come over to North America via a Bering land bridge or by boat from Asia.  Their genealogy is Mongoloid as is the Chinese, Japanese, etc.  Their ancestors are as much immigrants as anyone.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dude, we all came from immigrants, unless you are 100% native american (indian).

Nice try.  Check your history/anthropology.  "Native Americans," i.e., Indians are believed to have come over to North America via a Bering land bridge or by boat from Asia.  Their genealogy is Mongoloid as is the Chinese, Japanese, etc.  Their ancestors are as much immigrants as anyone.

Splitting hairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So, how does that make him an illegal immigrant? He is a US Citizen (now).
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Correct.  There is no such thing as a "native" American. They are the decendants of transient Asians and central Americans.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.  There is no such thing as a "native" American. They are the decendants of transient Asians and central Americans.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING MAY CONTAIN GRAPIC CONTENT MATTER, SUCH AS "EVOLUTION"

Well, yes but if you want to take it that far, you might as well say that EVERYONE is an immigrant execpt for the people living where humans orgininated from (africa)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Woahhh hass! I don't want a Cuban to be the Attorney General! Surly dubaya can find somebody more qualified, like an American!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#17]
What about all the Canadien singers and actors who've escaped the squalor and oppression of that semi-french country?

Should we make Joni and Neil and all the others* leave?  

Michael Fox
Celine Dion
Monty Hall
Jim Carrey
Lorne Michaels
Mike Meyers
etc.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Mike Meyers can stay.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Again I say, does anybody know this guys stance on the 2nd amendment?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#20]

And why does George Bush keep calling him "Fredo"??????

Did he mistakenly think his name was Alfredo Gonzalez and now they're just going along with it?

Strange.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#21]
So now we have to obey commuinist dictators in order to be attorney general.
Whew, lets nominate Barbara Boxer and be done with it.
Put the hood away dude.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Going...downhill...FAST!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No.  I just cant believe that a man with no respect for international borders or the rule of law is the absolute best pick for AG. Searched then entire nation and this guy is the best GWB could find? better than every single US born Judge in the nation?  I dont buy that.  

He was appointed because he furthers a major Bush agenda.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This just in: President appoints cabinet member for political reasons. Film at 11.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This just in: President appoints cabinet member for political reasons. Film at 11.

www.refugepics.com/members/Pennswoods/master.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone who thinks that Gonzales is an illegal immigrant is, quite frankly, an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  I just cant believe that a man with no respect for international borders or the rule of law is the absolute best pick for AG. Searched then entire nation and this guy is the best GWB could find? better than every single US born Judge in the nation?  I dont buy that.  

And he's also one of Bush's aides from Bush's governor days (was TX AG or smthing). It isn't some random hispanic dude chosen to pander, Bush knows and trusts Gonzalez. Good enough for me.

Heh, just look at what happened the last time Bush nominated someone outside his Texas camp (Kerik)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes,yes, but what is his stance on the 2nd amendment?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Anyone who thinks that Gonzales is an illegal immigrant is, quite frankly, an idiot.

I don't know if he was an illegal -------- but he is a kiss ass for sure.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Either way, I do not want a Cuban Attorney General.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Woahhh hass! I don't want a Cuban to be the Attorney General! Surly dubaya can find somebody more qualified, like an American!

He is an American. Born in Cuba, but an American citizen.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry but all these people posting on Arfcom about how they don't want Cubans doing this or that are just cracking me up .
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#33]
He has my support!!!

Read about him, he is a good man
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a douchebag. What part of fleeing COMMUNIST CUBA don't you fucking get??
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Seems a lot more mentally stable than that whack John Ashcroft.  I think he'll serve us just fine.    
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
but a TRUE immigrant who fled communist oppression in search of a new life in America.

Is this true?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Sorry but all these people posting on Arfcom about how they don't want Cubans doing this or that are just cracking me up .

Maybe they should find another website, other than ARFCOM, that is not owned by Cubans.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:41:23 AM EDT
[#38]
For those that are too stupid to google:

Alberto R. Gonzales (born August 4, 1955 in San Antonio, Texas, USA) is a Mexican-American attorney and politician from the state of Texas. He is currently U.S. President George W. Bush's White House Counsel, and is Bush's nominee to replace John Ashcroft as United States Attorney General.

Gonzales was raised in Houston, the second of eight children born to Pablo and Maria Gonzales. His father, who died in 1982, was a construction worker, and both his parents were children of migrants from Mexico with less than a high-school education themselves. An honor student at MacArthur High School in Houston, Gonzales enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1973, serving for two years at Fort Yukon, Alaska before being accepted to the United States Air Force Academy in 1975. In 1977 he transferred to Rice University, where he earned a degree in political science in 1979; he then earned a law degree from Harvard Law School in 1982. He was the only one of his siblings to finish college. He has been married twice: he and his first wife, Diane Clemens, divorced in 1985; he and his second wife, Rebecca Turner, have three sons.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:45:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Alberto R. Gonzales (born August 4, 1955 in San Antonio, Texas, USA) is a Mexican-American attorney and politician from the state of Texas. He is currently U.S. President George W. Bush's White House Counsel, and is Bush's nominee to replace John Ashcroft as United States Attorney General.

Gonzales was raised in Houston, the second of eight children born to Pablo and Maria Gonzales. His father, who died in 1982, was a construction worker, and both his parents were children of migrants from Mexico with less than a high-school education themselves. An honor student at MacArthur High School in Houston, Gonzales enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1973, serving for two years at Fort Yukon, Alaska before being accepted to the United States Air Force Academy in 1975. In 1977 he transferred to Rice University, where he earned a degree in political science in 1979; he then earned a law degree from Harvard Law School in 1982. He was the only one of his siblings to finish college. He has been married twice: he and his first wife, Diane Clemens, divorced in 1985; he and his second wife, Rebecca Turner, have three sons.

Ding! Winner.  He aint Cuban.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:58:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ding! Winner.  He aint Cuban.

Not to mention he's a patriot and a smart one at that. In nine years he voluntarily enlisted in the US Air Force and graduated from Harvard with a law degree.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:30:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Haha.  The whole "illegal immigrant from Cuba" story must have been a cut n paste job from a white supremecist site.  OWNED.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Haha.  The whole "illegal immigrant from Cuba" story must have been a cut n paste job from a white supremecist site.  

Nope, that was my error. I confused the AG nominee (Gonzalez) with the Commerce Secretary-designate Carlos Gutierrez.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Wow, after all this, not only is he not an illegal, not Cuban, but he’s not even an immigrant!

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#45]
He will be the AG for 1-2 years and a Supreme Court nominee first chance Bush gets.

Is that a good thing ???
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe they should find another website, other than ARFCOM, that is not owned by Cubans.  

+1 .
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.refugepics.com/members/Pennswoods/master.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA...

Ditto! Haven't seen that one in a while!

Yessireebob! Gozales is going to become Attorney General.

He will then be a bona-fide SPIC: Spanish Person In Charge!

He's got my support!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

He is not Spanish, or any other form of European.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I blame AR15-fan for all of the cuban stuff. PS, What is the Cuban national anthem?        Row, row, row, your boat...................
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is not Spanish, or any other form of European.

Oh, PLEASE don't be that legalistic....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top