Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2005 2:39:37 PM EDT
was just on. They covered a 3 gun match. Looks like fun. What do you guys think about the show? Like it, love it, hate it, envy it, what is it?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Its pretty good.  I watched them on Sunday nites until recently.

I like the fact that they spend the entire half hour on one topic.  The one where he visited the Barrett factory was really cool.  Shooting .50CAL  indoors was pretty cool.  Plus they had the new M468.

When was it on today?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
They are on at a different time now.

I have it scheduled for Sunday mornings now.  I believe it's something like 7:30 A.M. CST

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

I like the fact that they spend the entire half hour on one topic.  The one where he visited the Barrett factory was really cool.  Shooting .50CAL  indoors was pretty cool.  Plus they had the new M468.

When was it on today?

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

When was it on today?

It had just gone off, so 6 to 6:30 at least today.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I like that show and usually record it, but recently my Dish Network TV listing has had the wrong times/days for that ans all my other shootng shows...WTF?  I set my TIVO to record what says Shooting Gallery in the listing and waht turns out to be something completely different.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, only four other people watch it? I guess I should post this on a gun forum or something.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]
the topics are pretty good. I just wish the show didn't look so cheaply made. It looks like someone made it on a handycam.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the show alot. It's nice to watch a program that isn't a thirty minute product endorsement.

One of the first episodes was on building your own AR. They need to air that one again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I usually miss the first few minutes of the show because I am channel surfing. Missed about half of todays episode. I will try to catch it when it airs again.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn, only four other people watch it? I guess I should post this on a gun forum or something.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

The bastards took the outdoor channel off of the cable system here.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I was on the Shooting Gallery show when they were at Barrett. The cameraman was a riot on the range. Each time we set up for a shot I had to tell him to be ready for the muzzle blast. Each shot needed a retake.
I was the guy interviewed as the Assembly dep't supervisor.
Those guys were a riot to have in the shop.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Dang, I missed that episode too.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The 5.11 challenge episode is on now...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I like that show

Some good shooters there!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I liked it at first.  However, there is too much about matches for me.  That is not to say others don't like it, many do, I just don't care for that much about matches.

They also do a lot about military and police weaponry, guns we can't have.

Shooting USA is also showing nothing but matches.  Boring from my point of view.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it's on right now, on outdoor channel

episode is about .22 rifle competition

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#17]
its a good show, but that host is a little too goofy for me.  He wears earings in both ears and acts kind of , you know "GAY"    

not that theres anything wrong with that
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I really like the show. It's a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Good show. The Barrett factory was the best episode by far.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I watch it when I catch it. Seen lots of neat stuff; Fn USA tour, 3-4 different training facilities(all different episodes). Some Tactical compition were the host got to fire from a chopper at a squad size element. The host kinda gets on my nerves though. I am sure he is a nice guy, but he really has to try awful hard at some of the tasks and always seems......kinda clumsy.

The Barret ep was great but I really liek the last one i seen which hwas the tact compition.

CH
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#21]
just watched my first episode today, actually. It was the 5.11 match episode.

I liked it alot and set the DVR to record a few more episodes of it....
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
its a good show, but that host is a little too goofy for me.  He wears earings in both ears and acts kind of , you know "GAY"    

Mike Bane's not gay, just a little 'off'. I like the show, I just wish it had better production quality. A better-made Shooting Gallery would spank the hell out of Shooting USA, which is nothing but a half hour of Jim Scoutten giving head to Jerry Miculek or Rob Leatham.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the show, especially the show they did about AR-15 silencers.

I do agree about the host tho.  He does seem a little on the gay side.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike Bane's not gay, just a little 'off'. I like the show, I just wish it had better production quality. A better-made Shooting Gallery would spank the hell out of Shooting USA, which is nothing but a half hour of Jim Scoutten giving head to Jerry Miculek or Rob Leatham.

So Jim Scoutten is gay?!? Just kidding.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to watch but I thought it went off the air, havn't seen it since a few months ago. I enjoyed thier episode on suppressors and blank firing weapons. And the different shooting ranges they tour were really cool. The episode at A Place To Shoot in Oregon was cool. They used airsoft GBBs to help people get used to shooting while moving and being chased.

And the host get's on my nerves too. Not sure why, just too soft toned a speaker maybe?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top