User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2001 4:04:16 PM EDT
What is it?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy. I don't think so. I went to the CMP site to see if detatchable handles are legal for service rifle competition and they are not. But further down the page it said carrier sights are legal. We all know the sights on an AR are on the carry handle so what's the deal?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Those two rules don't conflict.

1)You may have sights on a carry handle.
2)You may not have a DETACHABLE carry handle.

Therefore, sights on a detachable carry handle are not allowed.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The Carrier sight is a modified rear sight designed by a Marine Armorer named Carrier (SGT?) He was shopping the sight around to people at the Nationals last year.

It looked awesome...bushings and guide pins to restrict play and increase the accuracy of the sight. I believe it was 1/4 MOA EL&Wind. Last I heard, he was still looking for someone to produce it. John Holliger at Rock River Arms will modify your rear sight to every bit as accurate as the Carrier would be IMO.

Hope this helps,
Emil
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Epraslick. Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top