BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 3:43:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Gotta' love the bump!
View Quote

I agree, it is awesome to behold. There are several people that say it is a waste of ammo, but I buy the ammo to have fun!! I have tried this with various weapons, with varrying degrees of success. My buddy has an semi-auto AK47 with a 75 round drum. This thing is fun to "run". I shot the entire 75 rounds without any hiccups in just over 5 seconds. It was AWESOME!! There is not many people that believe this, but we got it on video!!

DK [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My buddy has an semi-auto AK47 with a 75 round drum. This thing is fun to "run". I shot the entire 75 rounds without any hiccups in just over 5 seconds. It was AWESOME!! There is not many people that believe this, but we got it on video!!

DK [:D]
View Quote

I believe you !!!
I've got 2 AK's, and they both bumpfire like a dream...
Last time out, I bumped off a 100 round drum with the MAK-90...
The gun was smoking, and the black plastic handguards melted !!!
Not a single feed problem or misfire...It ran perfect...
It WAS very COOL!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have tried bumping my SKS with limited success... Mainly because the first time I tried it, I went through the 10rds with out a hitch until the last empty flew up into my grinning mouth striking my front teeth[B)]

I have tried and been unsuccessful with my Bushy 20" A2 HBAR.  Is an HBAR too heavy to bump?  Or do I just need a lighter trigger pull.

I will try doing the bump on my Sar-1 when it gets here next week...
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
What is this "bumping" thing?  Do you use your trigger finger, a device that pulls it faster than your hand can, some kind of tool, what?  I'm assuming you have to have a damn light trigger weight to pull this off.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have tried and been unsuccessful with my Bushy 20" A2 HBAR.  Is an HBAR too heavy to bump?  Or do I just need a lighter trigger pull.

View Quote

I'm no expert at this, but you may be right on the weight. I was able bump fire my AR with 16" HBAR and fiberglass collapsible stock pretty easily the first time I tried. I couldn't do it with an AR owned by another member here. His was the same make & model lower, but had a 20" HBAR and metal collapsible stock, so it was a bit heavier.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys just have to practice more.
Tweak has one of the lightest AR15's I have ever held, and I had no problem ripping off a 30 round mag bump fire style.
It's all in how you hold the firearm.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What is this "bumping" thing?  Do you use your trigger finger, a device that pulls it faster than your hand can, some kind of tool, what?  I'm assuming you have to have a damn light trigger weight to pull this off.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
View Quote

My AK's are "out of the box" stock and both were bought new. Nothing has been modified to make them "bump". I've tried my AR's, but they are too heavy...(gun weight and trigger pull)
Go with the 7.62x39 AK if you wanna bump off alot of ammo...FAST...
First off, I'll say it takes a little practice to get'em to run non-stop...Biggest secret is to NOT try TOO hard...the gun will do all the work...
Assuming you are right handed...
Hold the rifle at your side like your "shooting from the hip"
With a round chambered, and your left hand supporting the weight of the gun at the front handguard,...
Make like you're "giving someone the finger" with your right hand, and stick your middle finger through the trigger guard, and push the tip of your finger into your side, about where your belt goes around you...
This gives the trigger a long stiff finger to "bump" against...
After you're hands/fingers are all set, just hold securely, but loose, and give the gun a little jerk forward...
The gun will do the rest...
Just be very careful with your thumb on your right hand,keep it tucked in tight,or it will get smacked by the AK's cycling lever...
Believe me, it HURTS!!!      

The 100 round drum I bumped a few weeks ago ran like a machine gun...
You wouldn't believe it!!!
DEFINATELY worth trying!!!

Next time I plan on bump-firing the AK's, I'll bring the camcorder, and post pics to show how good it works...
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I have gotten all 3 of my ak clones to bump but can't seem to ge the ARs to do it. Haven't tried the FAL yet SOunds intrugung.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top