Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 12:17:11 PM EDT
I live(d) in Peoria AZ and always went to Ben Avery every weekend, but my wife and I are splitting up, so I moved in with my father in East Mesa so I could get myself out of the debt she put me in.

Anyway, I was laying aroung this weekend lamenting on how I should be at the range right now, and my dad said there was one not ten minutes away from the house. He gave me directions and I found it and scoped it out and asked some question when I found the range master.

Can anyone tell me a little about the range? Is it pretty cool or do a lot of unsafe nut jobs hang out there? Don't get me wrong, I don't care what kind of weapon you own as long as you practice safe handling procedures. Also, how busy does it get?

Thanks in advance.

Fanof1911s
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. It is a really nice range. I shoot there about 1-2 times a month. It can get busy on the weekends though. The heat keeps alot of people away in the summer. Non member are $5 for the day. Membership is $50 for the year.
Ps. Whats with the Gov. resticting us shooting in the National Forest. IE. Bulldog canyon? Wish people would learn to clean up after themselves. They give us all a bad name.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Rio Salado may not have the facilities that Ben Avery has but the matches are superior.  I have shot Cactus league matches and if you are used to that, you will love Rio.  The public ranges are always boring just about anywhere.  Go out at tuesday about 5pm and watch the practical pistol match.  There is a first time shooters class at 6pm to make sure you understand the rules and format.  Literally the best shooters around will be there.

You can thank your wife for it.

P.S.    we are a bunch of cool safe nut jobs the RO will let you know otherwise
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Been there twice to shoot the desert classics. It's my dream range, theres even a gunshop on the range.  Hell AZ. is a gun shooters heaven
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top