Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 11:13:06 AM EDT
Help!  I just bought a mint DR200 for $500.  Which I think is good deal.  But there is a problem.  No instruction manual.  I am having trouble opening the action.  I thought it would exactly like an AR.  It has a button where the charging handle should be.  I want to force it but dont want to break it.  Anyone familiar with how to open it?  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
That IS a good price.

Look at the  top rear of the receiver. You'll see a button that looks like it should be pushed forward.

Well, it can't be UNLESS you move the CENTER portion of that button to the rear, and THEN push the entire button forward.

Its actually easier to do this than to explain it.

If you want, I can copy my manual, and mail you the photocopy (if I can still find it)
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I can photocopy/scan my K2 manual if you need help.  Just drop me a line.  I should be able to mess with it later this week.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and you'll want to get a paratrooper / folding stock as well.

Check it out here (scroll down)

[url]www.nccn.net/~b888/html/ace_ltd__products_2.html[/url]

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Great Price!  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I'll try it out when I get home. The ACE stock I ordered says you have to swap out three parts.  To add the skeleton stock that doesnt fold and pistol grip.  But thanks for the info.  You cant get this info instantly like this anywhere else.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Make sure that you use US mags with the ACE stock.  The original Daewoo mags (identical except it just says "Daewoo" on the bottom) are foregin made and the three parts would make it and illegal configuration.  Just stick to US mags (easy enough to do anyway).

Ross
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I took her apart and pretty interesting cross between an AK/AR/and FAL.  It has a few handling marks and it hasnt been cleaned for a while but everything looks pretty good.  Oh I got a 95%+ 30 round Cooper mag with it too!  The action actually feels better than my Bushmaster AR.  Really slick after a good cleaning.  Cant wait to get to the range and get that new stock! Thanks for the advice guys.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I took her apart and pretty interesting cross between an AK/AR/and FAL.  The action actually feels better than my Bushmaster AR.  Really slick after a good cleaning.  .
View Quote

In many ways the Daewoo is SUPERIOR to the AR. AK gas system, with AR mags is a sweet setup.

Drawbacks include -

1. Antiquated sights (A1 vintage)
2. 1 in 12" twist barrel. Doesn't work as well with 55 gr, bullets.

But considering even the $1,200 M96 has A1 sights, and the DR200 still shoots pretty accurately, I'd say its a GREAT rifle.

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I posted a link to an entire blueprint of the DR200 and how to break it down over at McUzi.com a week or so ago. I'm to lazy to go retrieve the link, but if you go to assault weapons it's right there under the DR200 topic. I found it pretty helpful. The dude also has prints of about every other weapon on his site as well so when I get a chance I'll post a link to the site here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
the a1 sights are excellent with elevation close at hand and very accuarate.  almost like a1+ sights.  and garandman- i think you meant 62gr not 55.  the 1/12 bbls were designed for m193.  shoot 42gr calhoons out of them.  you'll be pleased

steve
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Drawbacks include -

1. Antiquated sights (A1 vintage)
View Quote

While the rear sight could stand a redesign, the front sight is a thing of beauty.  Put a small dot of glow in the dark paint on the end of the ridge on the top of the front sight hood and when you look over the top instead of through the rear aperture you have a sight that is as fast to use as a shotgun bead sight and works in any lighting conditions.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a good link for the dr-200, also has
disassembly and etc.

[url]www.geocities.com/Pentagon/7719/dr200/dr200main.html[/url]

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#13]
You'll love it! Mine would shoot into less than an inch at 100yds with surplus ammo all day long. The only thing I didn't like about it was that there is a hole in the barrel which directs gas straight down, and under rapid fire, the damn thing quickly turned into an anti-aircraft weapon. I cured this by cutting off the fake flash suppressor, and adding a smith compensator. It keeps the muzzle dead-level under rapid fire, and also produces very little flash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top