Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2005 9:05:01 AM EDT

The last two nights I've  woken up in the middle of the night soaking wet. I've looked around the net and I can't find any relation to quitting smoking and night sweats.

Are night sweats a symptom of nicotne withdrawl or should I call my Dr?

echo
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably just menopause.

Weight loss?
Loss of appetite?
Fatigue?

How old?
How long smoking?

How long has this been going on?

Anything else?

You guys never give much info.........
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard of others getting them.  I've been sleeping like shit, but not sweating.  Thank GOd - I'm having enough physical withdrawl crap as it is.  I expect to hallucinate spiders crawling out of my fingernails or something any minute.

I will never start smoking again - if only because the quitting sucks so bad.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you quit drinking as well?

Serious night sweats (I mean, the whole bed; mattress, all the sheets, the blankets, the pillows are soaked to the point where you can twist the blanket and water will cascade out) are one of the possible symptoms of HIV...but it doesn't sound like it.

But, quitting is another possible cause. When I was in the middle of drying out, for a good 3 or 4 days it was hard to sleep, I'd sweat a lot at night, etc.

Give it a week. If it's still really really bad, I'd check with a doc. Maybe he can put you on some meds that'll ease the symptoms.

If you notice a slight tremor in your hands and whatnot..that's another withdrawal symptom. Give it a week, you should be GTG...a month after you've quit you'll wonder why on earth you smoked in the first place. 6 months later you'll find yourself not wanting to eat at places that have a smoking section. Just wait, it gets fun
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Probably just menopause.

Weight loss? nothing I've noticed
Loss of appetite?no
Fatigue?always LOL

How old?33
How long smoking?regularly since I was 17. First drag when I was 14

How long has this been going on?two nights in a row

Anything else?

You guys never give much info.........

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you quit drinking as well?

Never really been a big drinker. I drink "Socialy" and usually catch a good buzz at the weekly poker game, but thats about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top