Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2005 7:31:38 AM EDT
Here is a picture of my 2005 Scion Xb.  It was hit by a drunk driver on 1/2/05 at 12:10 am.

Both people were taken to the hospital.  I wasn't driving.  I let my friend use it for a few weeks for work and he was hit coming home from work.

Where it was hit on the drivers side

Where it was hit on the drivers side

Back

Hubcap

Where it flipped on the passenger side

Front

Roof

Driver side

Windshield

Driver Door

Wheel

Back window

Ditch the car went into

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that date wrong?

Your family OK?

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Tis but a scratch.

How's the driver?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]
LOrd..

Are you okay!

Cars are replaceable.

That doesn't look too bad, but man you just got that didn't you?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  How's the other guy look?  
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't driving it at the time my friend was and he was taken to the hospital as well as the drunk driver.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#6]
The date is wrong. So how is everybody? They catch the guy?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]
slightly off topic, but on the bright side, totalling it didn't hurt its looks much.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, that definitely WON'T buff out!

I hope no one was seriously hurt. I imagine the insurance company "totalled" the vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Yikes! I hope all of you are okay.

Damn, I hate drunk drivers. They should be put in the public square for three days, chained to a tree with a sign.

I had a drunk fly down the top of the hill on my street, ping of a phone pole, blow through my three foot stone wall and land a foot from my house in the front yard. It blew her shoes off her feet. Guess what, no insurance on her.

Who's going to be the first to say "Duct Tape, you can fix it with duct tape!"
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#10]
"slightly off topic, but on the bright side, totalling it didn't hurt its looks much."

Yea, it's much better looking now. How could anybody think those things is appealing to the eye?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#12]
That will NOT buff right out.

OUCH.

Hope everyone (except the drunk) was OK.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I tried to warn people..

SGatr15
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I tried to warn people..

SGatr15

Yea but people are dumb.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Man, that definitely WON'T buff out!

Sure it will!

Hope everyone is ok? How's the other vehicle look? What did you get hit with?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...  It was hit by a drunk driver on 12/2/05 at 12:10 am.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#17]
No wonder there was an accident, your roads are tilted way to the side.  The car probably slid right off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn dude! I hope you and whoever else was in there with you is okay. If it's one thing in this world that pisses me off it's someone who drives after drinking. Dammit just don't do it! The drunk that hit you should have been made to wait to be tended to by emergency personnel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#20]
 I knew I should've kept it...
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Glad your okay...

Nwo... when you go to get a new car....

(No Scions)
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#22]
how did it flip over?  Did the guy T-Bone ya'll?

Mrs_SC-Texas has a refridgerator box on wheels, OOPSs, I mean a Scion.  Ugly little fucker, but it get 35+mph all day long.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Mrs_SC-Texas has a refridgerator box on wheels, OOPSs, I mean a Scion.  Ugly little fucker, but it get 35+mph all day long.

That is why I got it.  Cheapest new realiable, good on gas, nothing for insurance, and plenty of room for family.

And yea T-boned on the drivers side and when it went off the road it turned on the passenger side, when it hit the bottom of the ditch it turned right back up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Glad no one was seriously hurt.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#25]
BRF, was everyone OK?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#26]
WOW, glad your ok...
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hope everyone (except the drunk) was OK.

Most of the time the drunk drivers are not serverely injured, and usually survive because they are so relaxed, but not always. Most of the fatalities and injuries seem to be for people on the receiving end.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#28]
it almost looks better now than before

glad your ok
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#29]
[beavis]OHH my liver[beavis off]

I see many $$$ in the future for you and your friend

I hope the guy had good insurance, because at this point he would be paying for my car, doctor bills and my  new rifle collection

FREE
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
"slightly off topic, but on the bright side, totalling it didn't hurt its looks much."

Yea, it's much better looking now. How could anybody think those things is appealing to the eye?

+1... Not only is it bad that you bought one to begin with... but the color of the one you bought is trez' queer. Are you the proud owner of a pink AR as well?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+1... Not only is it bad that you bought one to begin with... but the color of the one you bought is trez' queer. Are you the proud owner of a pink AR as well?

I plan to build  pink one for the wife.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's another reason:

Blue Car = my uncle, broken leg, arm, wrist, ribs, torn achilles tendon, blood clot in lung

Green Car = 3 drunk "native americans", all brothers, all 30-40 something in age, all with kids, dead

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Hope your frien is ok, FBR.

As for the comments on FBR's choice of vehicle, it looks to me like the Scion did pretty damned good structurally.  Didn't even break the passenger side windows as it slid down the road.

Best of luck with your car wreck headache, FBR.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Here's another reason:

Blue Car = my uncle, broken leg, arm, wrist, ribs, torn achilles tendon, blood clot in lung

Green Car = 3 drunk "native americans", all brothers, all 30-40 something in age, all with kids, dead

img9.exs.cx/img9/7051/29oc.jpg

img133.exs.cx/img133/5568/43lb.jpg

Drinking and driving is not fun
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Here is a picture of my 2005 Scion Xb.  It was hit by a drunk driver on 1/2/05 at 12:10 am.

Both people were taken to the hospital.  I wasn't driving.  I let my friend use it for a few weeks for work and he was hit coming home from work.

Do you have any idea what speed the car that hit your car was going when it happened, and what the other car was?

For a T-bone, it looks to have stood up pretty well.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give BRF a break. He's still a college student, not a grouchy old fart, and the car is designed to appear to a younger crowd, and isn't intended to be at all popular with people over 30.

Also, around here, that's actually a very popular car and truck color with a wide range of people. Plenty of them would have you questioning what was left of your manhood after insulting them the way you just insulted BRF.  What inspired you to be rude to someone whose car was just trashed by a drunk?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

35+mph?  So they're ugly and slow?

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have any idea what speed the car that hit your car was going when it happened, and what the other car was?

For a T-bone, it looks to have stood up pretty well.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Some of those vehicles with the higher center of gravity(truck-based vehicles such as SUVs and minivans) don' take too much of a side impact to cause them to roll-over.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give BRF a break. He's still a college student, not a grouchy old fart, and the car is designed to appear to a younger crowd, and isn't intended to be at all popular with people over 30.

Also, around here, that's actually a very popular car and truck color with a wide range of people. Plenty of them would have you questioning what was left of your manhood after insulting them the way you just insulted BRF.  What inspired you to be rude to someone whose car was just trashed by a drunk?

+1 - BRF and MrsBRF  (and baby BRF too) are good people.  Crappy comments like this (and others) only make the poster look bad, not the owner.

To the BRF family. I am glad to you know everyone is OK.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#42]
WHY THE HELL DOES THIS MATTER???I CAN SHOW U PLENTY OF WHITES DRUNK DRIVING

Quoted:
Here's another reason:

Green Car = 3 drunk "native americans", all brothers, all 30-40 something in age, all with kids, deaD

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Sheeeeeeyut.  That will buff right out!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
WHY THE HELL DOES THIS MATTER???I CAN SHOW U PLENTY OF WHITES DRUNK DRIVING

Quoted:
Here's another reason:

Green Car = 3 drunk "native americans", all brothers, all 30-40 something in age, all with kids, deaD

It doesn't matter, just mentioning it because I could.

btw. They didn't have any insurance either.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#45]
How did it happen?

I see the abrasions where it off-side slid before ditching, but how did the other driver impact it?  Was it a passing (side to side) collision.  that is a pretty substantial peel on the driver side.   Did your friend lose control on impact?  [traffic mode off]

Hope your friend is OK.

NorCal
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is why I got it.  Cheapest new realiable, good on gas, nothing for insurance, and plenty of room for family.

And yea T-boned on the drivers side and when it went off the road it turned on the passenger side, when it hit the bottom of the ditch it turned right back up.

Perhaps 2nd in ugliness only to the Element, but, it looks like it will take a beating!

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I picked the color. It was my car.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
It almost looks like a single car accident/roll...

The hit on the drivers side must have been a "graze" from an oncoming vehicle?  (not t-boned)

Yea that is what happend.  So how long have you been  an  accident investigator?  

And this is a graze?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No wonder there was an accident, your roads are tilted way to the side.  The car probably slid right off.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
How did it happen?

I see the abrasions where it off-side slid before ditching, but how did the other driver impact it?  Was it a passing (side to side) collision.  that is a pretty substantial peel on the driver side.   Did your friend lose control on impact?  [traffic mode off]

Hope your friend is OK.

NorCal

He lost  control after impact.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top