Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2001 4:59:54 PM EDT
I just watched a chase on the news.  During a routine stop, the perp stole a cops gun and took off in a blue van. He apparently shot the cop from the van during the getaway. The police chased him around town for about an hour, until he got stuck in a muddy field. He had the stolen Glock, and some sort of shotgun or rifle.  He got out of the van with a hostage, and the police shot him (probably with an AR).  Then a dog attacked the woman hostage.  After a few minutes, police cuffed the woman and took her away.  The guy they shot was bleeding from the mouth, and I think he also had a wound on his leg.  It was hard to see details, because the news chopper zoomed out.  I was shaking my fist at the TV the whole time, because the anchor was mangling all of the gun facts.  I will post a link when I find one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Where?
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/sac/news/localnews/stories/news-localnews-45767420010212-190217.html
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee, the cops are carrying .44 autos.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.kxtv10.com/news-story/February2001/021201/Lodi-Shooting.htm

The handgun I saw looked like a Glock 22, but they did not show  it close enough for me to know for sure.  None of the police I saw had revolvers, but several had ARs (one looked like an M4).  The video from the first link shows the actual shooting.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh....Kali, of course.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
About a week ago here in San Antonio, a cop was killed with his own gun.  HE was chasing a perp on his own with no backup, through some apartment complex.  when he caught him, he had the perp from behind trying to wrestle him down.  The perp pulled the cops 40 cal Glock and shot over his shoulder hitting the cop on the head.  The perp was caught a day or two later.  It was a punk ass 20 yr old..  I hope they fry the fucker.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#7]
A few months ago a three local cops got shot. A black guy was able to get one cops ruger p89, shot him in the groin.
He toke off running into the woods an when they found him he sho two more cops with the ruger. One in the hand an one in the leg(I think). Maybe cops should have trigger locks on there carry pistols so they dont get shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top