Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2001 4:40:18 PM EDT
Looking for some help from fellow shooters.  I am from the Harrisburg/York area and am looking for a good range/club to shoot.  Unfortunately right now I am limited to the state ranges that limit the amount of shells that can be loaded to 3(kind-of a waste with an AR or an SKS).  Can anyone recommend a good place that I may be able to go.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thank You [pistol]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the meetings and events forum. Paspecops is having a shoot on the 30th
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It's kinda far from Harrisburg, but I shoot at the Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn. in Delta, Pa.
There are other fish & game facilities closer to you but I don't know if they have range facilities. At my range, membership is $25 per year. There is a club house, 100 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol range (both ranges have covered firing lines), along with target and field archery courses. There is no limit to mags or whatever, but they have a rule requiring 3 seconds between shots fired. We have 2 gunshows per year, and members can use the club facilities for private parties or functions. I would think you can find a similar club in your area, maybe check the phone book (believe it or not!).
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah join us up here on the 30th.  You are not all that far from Mannsville.......
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Their is the Middletown gun club in Middletown. I'm not a menber so I don't know much about it. Their is also the conawaga (SP?) rod and gun club by Elizabethtown. I don't belong to that one either. I shoot and my own range at my house. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
isn't eastern shore sportsman's club up there. seen an ad in SGN a while back. starview is up your way but have a long waiting list. other than that shooting ranges suck around here. i'll try to find out more info on eastern shore club. if i lived farther up i'd of joined cause it sounded pretty nice. heard a cop got shot in leg up there during a tactical pistol match though. not sure what happened. Issac walton league wouldn't be to far for ya either. they have some cool matches suitable for an ar . 2 a year. i missed the first one but i'll try to catch the second. i'm sure there is more. i don't go to any too often cause theres places to shoot where i live. good luck.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd recommend a visit to paspecops place on the 30th...
It'll be a blast!!!
Maybe you could hook-up with a couple of us from PA and find a suitable club...

Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll definately have to try to stay free on the 30.  It will be nice to see some other people with AR-15's and the like.  I don't know anyone else off-hand that has one.  If I'm lucky I can learn a few things too.  I just managed to get my first one a few months ago so I still have much to learn.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Gus

Where is the Peach Bottom club and how do I get in touch with them? I live in Maryland and Delta is only about 10 miles from me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Years ago I lived in Spring Grove and often times shot at the local state range behind York New Salem.  Then I moved away.  It's sad to hear that they've limited magazine capacity to three rounds.  What a bunch a Bravo Sierra!

Oh well, good luck.  And by the way New Holland has a great range.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Years ago I lived in Spring Grove and often times shot at the local state range behind York New Salem.  Then I moved away.  It's sad to hear that they've limited magazine capacity to three rounds.  What a bunch a Bravo Sierra!

Oh well, good luck.  And by the way New Holland has a great range.
View Quote

Yes I definately think so.  I did get socked for it one day down in Spring Grove.  For those of you that have never had the misfortune of such an experience it carries a $148 fine just for having more than 3 loaded.  I never quite figured out the difference between 3 or 5 or 10(especially since 10 rounds is the limit for new production mags... why not be able to use them??????)....but then big brother knows best right?  
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey Gus

Where is the Peach Bottom club and how do I get in touch with them? I live in Maryland and Delta is only about 10 miles from me.
View Quote

It's just off Pa. Rt.74, but I can't remember the name of the road.  There's a fairly big sign though. Let's take this to e-mail...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top