Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2001 3:05:04 PM EDT
Ok, I'm a little confused on what I have to do to send a firearm back to the manufacture.  I heard that you can only send them Next Day Air by UPS.  But when I checked their website it says no firearms will be accepted at their outlets or commerical counters.  So how do I ship it by UPS?  I also checked Fedex's website and it says that I cannot ship a complete firearm in one package.  You can break down rifles, shotguns, and pistols, but I don't know how you would break down a revolver.  So how would I ship it by Fedex?  Any idea on which company would be the cheapest?
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking rifle or hand gun?  I thought the only restriction UPS had was on hand guns.  They have to be over nighted and marked in red so their employees don't have to open the box to see if they want to steal it.  I thought there were no restrictions on rifles.

Acouple of months ago I took my Sig to a pick up point to UPS it back to the factory.  I just told the gal it was a precision instrument and that's why I wanted it insured for $700.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I need to ship my lower from CA to OLY.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
This is for a handgun.

This is what UPS has on their website:
Handguns, as defined by the Acts, will only be accepted for transportation in
UPS Next Day Air Services, but will not be accepted for transportation via UPS Letter Centers, Internet
Shipping, or in response to a request for a One-Time Pickup or for On-Call Pickup Service. Firearms, including
handguns, will not be accepted when presented for shipment at a UPS Authorized Shipping Outlet or a UPS
Commercial Counter.

Here is what Fedex says:
Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight and may not be sent C.O.D. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the shipper is required to inform FedEx that the package contains a firearm. Firearms may not be shipped in one complete piece. When tendered for shipment, the firearm must be rendered inoperable, either by removing the firing pin in the gun and disconnecting the barrel, or by some other means so the package does not contain a completely assembled, usable weapon. The outside of the package should bear no label, marking, or other written notice that a firearm is contained within. This includes the abbreviation of the name of the shipper or recipient if the name would clearly indicate that the package could contain a firearm.

How the heck are you supposed to send a firearm back to the manufacture when you can't write the manufactures name on the box?
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Armalites instructions are just what FedX said, mail to A. I., PO Box.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top