Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2001 7:20:18 PM EDT
Was wondering if somebody could point me in the direction of a good book on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
Specificly, one that goes into the thoughts and reasonings behind them.
I know our Founding Fathers debated it quite a bit, and wrote a good deal about their opinions. Unfortunately I've not been able to find any good books that referance any of that, especially when pertaining to the second amendment, at my local book store.

Link Posted: 6/16/2001 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
"The Constitution of the United States of America," intro by David Osterland; commentary by Chief Justice Warren Burger and other leading Americans... most recently published by Barnes and Noble

FITTER out
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers. Debates of the Federal Convention or something like that by James Madison. Go over to the Constitution Society's website at [url]http://www.constitution.org[/url], they have a lot of great stuff, and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top