Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2001 7:05:49 PM EDT
I have had the weapon for about 2 months now.  It came with night sights, uncle mike's rubber grip sleeve, an extended slide release, and the trigger breaks @ exactly 5lb according to my trigger scale.  

Aside from adding a pearce grip +1 extension for my above average sized hands, everything has been perfect.  The gun shoots just as well as my Glock 23, but in a smaller package.  I am able to make consistent head shots @ 25yards, and can rapid fire a whole mag into the center of mass at more practical ranges.   After putting ~1000 rds through this thing, I have decided that it is the perfect CCW for me- anybody else share that sentiment?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, indeed. My 27 is equipped with Meprolite night sites, extended slide release and Pearce bases on the mags. It rides in a Bianchi IWB right behind my starboard kidney. Perfect carry gun, excellent stopping power, ultra reliable, no-nonsense operation in a nice small package. I love mine too.

Greg
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey sweep, I thought that the two guns were pretty much identically sized.  Also, I'm not a big fan of the fanny pack because I find the access to be too slow and the fact that you have a gun is more advertised.  Anyway, you're a die-hard .45 fan I guess, but I just like how the 27 shot compared to the 30 (shot both on the same day).  I think what really pushed things over the top for me was the fact that the 27 already had the modifications already.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Greg,
Isn't that blasphemy, coming from a "coltshooter?"
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a 26 a while back.  Wife found it with the other pistols (full size) and said,"oh I like that little gun when did you get it"[xx(]. I had to jump straight to the, "well you can have it if you learn to use it correctly" or else I would have had a harder time explaining where how I paid for it (wedding cash, she never even noticed it at the time)plus she is now asking me to go shooting.  Well she did learn the mech. and operation of the pistol.  I was very impressed since this was here first pistol.  After that I went straight out and got a 27[:D].  I have to say, after learning to shooot the thing correctly I will always be CCWed with the 27.

Iso
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#6]
27 is a nice little gun.  I got a Kahr MK40 a

while back because it slips into my front pants

pocket so nicely.  Thats always been my gripe

with the Glock.  It is a little on the chuncky

side.  The Kahr is nice and slim, but you do

give up four or five rounds of mag capacity.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome CCW weapon! Only thing that I have a gripe with is that after about 200 rds, my hand and wrist hurt form the snappy recoil of the .40 round.

The pierce extensions gives you 10 rounds of .40 and it hardly prints with a Side Armor IWB holster. I love mine and if I ever get a permit to carry, that's what I will carry.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Your odds on getting a permit to carry look grim unless a moving van is in your future.  I'd tell you to move, but there aren't enough gun owners in Ca as it is.  We need a California inquisition.  I'll be Torquemada II.  "Have you converted from liberalism to conservatism my son?"

"Yes grand inquisitor, I have"

"Well, we'll have to burn you alive, just to make sure"

Maybe then the Baldwins would really move to France.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 1:21:57 AM EDT
[#9]
As a die hard Glock fan, I say if it fits, wear it. G30 is my go everywhere gun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:19:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Cute and menacing at the same time.
I had one, sold it and bought another Glock23.  The Glock 27 is cool, but it doesn't fit in my paws.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:48:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have had the weapon for about 2 months now.  It came with night sights, uncle mike's rubber grip sleeve, an extended slide release, and the trigger breaks @ exactly 5lb according to my trigger scale.  

Aside from adding a pearce grip +1 extension for my above average sized hands, everything has been perfect.  The gun shoots just as well as my Glock 23, but in a smaller package.  I am able to make consistent head shots @ 25yards, and can rapid fire a whole mag into the center of mass at more practical ranges.   After putting ~1000 rds through this thing, I have decided that it is the perfect CCW for me- anybody else share that sentiment?
View Quote

Great carry gun, but a little wide compared to a single stack Kahr, although you have more rounds, blah, blah, blah.  This is probably a debate that will never go away.  Both have their places, and each has an advantage.

The only difference with my G27 is I added the "decal grips" to it for a better feel and easier draw compared to the grip sleeve, and I replaced the trigger spring with an 8 lb. "NY trigger".  Safer to have when the underwear changes color, and less likely to make you lawyer-food (may or may not be relevant, depending on where you live).  I really don't notice any decrease in usability with it, and the feel is actually improved. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#12]
mousegunner,
I agree about the NY trigger.  It is a good idea for any Glock that will be carried.  Also, IMO, it feels almost like a mushy 2-stage.  I love my 27 and never leave home without it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Thought I would never own one, but never say never. I got a G27 with  Sidearmor IWB; a little  uncomfortable at 1st but I'm getting use to it. G27 is very accurate/reliable. Recoil seemed harsh at 1st, but I'm getting use to it. I'm pleased with it as my summer time CCW.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I love my 27 as a carry gun. It's my American Express.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#15]
The G27 is my carry gun, too.  With Trijicon night sites but no other modifications.  I have 2 other Glocks, a Colt 1911 Commander and some revolvers, but I think the G27 is ideal for a carry gun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#16]
The 27 is a good carry pistol.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I had the 27, but it just never did fit my hand correctly, went to the 30 and that is my carry everywhere weapon now. With the modification described by dissipator556 it sounds like an excellant weapon if it fits.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Make sure you have strong wrist.

I had a 27, but traded for a Sig 229.

Initially the 27 kept jamming but I found out you had to really keep your wrist rigid as much as possible when you shoot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:41:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I like the 27.  I carry it in a Kramer pocket holster.  Since it's a "pocket gun," I opted for the Novak nights sights.  Also no Hogue grip because I don't want it to snag in the pocket. As for the size diff btwn the 27 and the 30, the 30 is slightly bigger.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top