Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2001 7:20:43 AM EDT
..er..and wimmin too! Aparently they're looking for over 800 folks. It will help if the applicants can speak African or Arab tongues, say the ads!!  
BWAHAHA..a PC FBI, what an oxymoron[grenade]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Um...I can speak Ebonics...does that count?
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#2]
African!?  Arab!?  I am starting to get nervous.  Do they know something I don't?

Tinfoil! Tinfoil! My AR for some tinfoil!
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Many of the people involved in the drug trade and organized crime in the US are coming from Africa and the Arab countries.  There seems to have been a huge influx of immigration from those areas so naturally so has the crime perpetuated by those people.  I am sure that is what the reason for the language skills is based on.  Also the FBI goes to foreign countries to investigate crimes committed by people in those countries on American citizens and on American soil.

I know many people here think the FBI have some major alterior motive in everything they do, aimed entirely at conservatives and gun owners, but the real fact is they spend 99% of their time fighting crime and all the associated court time, research, investigation and paperwork involved.

This site will help those individuals who fear everything about the FBI:
http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html  
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
"I know many people here think the FBI have some major alterior motive in everything they do, aimed entirely at conservatives and gun owners, but the real fact is they spend 99% of their time fighting crime and all the associated court time, research, investigation and paperwork involved."

Yes, if you need confirmation of the FBI's excellent reputation in investigations, you can ask Randy Weaver, the folks at Waco, and Richard Jewell in Atlanta after the bombing at the 96 Olympics...

Truly a fine organization.

[;D]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess they dont want me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Too old here. I'd like to...

Kurt/KKF
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]
After seeing what kind of training the FBI goes through, i have a lot of repspect for most of them. true they do not always pull through such as waco, and randy weaver but i think the majority of them do an excellent job.
If i was'nt so lazy perhaps i would have sought a career in the FBI [(:!)]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe you still need a college degree to be an agent with the FBI, federal pay is very low so forget about getting rich.

If you have a degree in medicine,law, psychology or accounting would you work for the Bureau or get paid top dollar in your field from the private sector? It's no wonder they are short on people.

If you meet their qualifications and money isn't a relevant issue file your application A.S.A.P.

The FBI could really use some quality people to help with the workload.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to join the FBI when I get out of law school in 2 years.  I love federal case law and I would meet the physical requirements, but you know what?  I wonder if the FBI would take me.  The background check they run takes months and is one of the most stringent there is.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to be told blankly, "we don't allow gun nuts into our bureau, thanks for your time."  Anyone from the FBI lurking around here to dissuade me or encourage me?
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]
BRANSON,

If you check out clean, are physicaly fit, psychologicaly sound and have a good head on your shoulders then you have as good a chance as the next person to get into the Bureau.

If gun ownership becomes an issue, defend your belief the Constitution guarantees citizens the right to keep and bear arms.

It will be up to you to sell yourself in the interviews. (justify your answers)

Your confidence, thinking and integrity must be without question.

Link Posted: 2/13/2001 5:40:58 AM EDT
[#11]
the only requirement(s) for employment with the FBI (Federal Bureau of Incineration) is that you enjoy burning people alive and/or have the ability to murder (children preferably).

think im kidding??  ask Dick Rodgers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree that the FBI screws up a lot, but that just means it's even *more* important that more responsible, constitution-respecting people join their organization.

Not that I think SHTF is especially likely, but if it DID happen, wouldn't the law-abiding citizens be better off if there were a few idealists inside the military as well as out? I mean, think about it. One high-level officer with some respect for the Constitution might've been able to Save the Weavers -- by countermanding orders, etc.
---------------
www.anotherpundit.com
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I applied about two years ago.  The interview was by far the worst part of the second phase of testing.  It did help me identify some areas I need to work on if I want to apply again.  Basically, you need to be under 37 years of age, have a college degree, and be physicaly fit.  If you don' have a law or accounting degree you need 4 or 5 years of work experience. You can pick-up an information packet at any FBI office.   The people I spoke with were very heplful and it may be hard to believe they were even friendly.

The USMS is also hiring this summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top